North Korea goes full retard

It's a completely different set of standards because it's a completely different kind of entity.
They bad we good. Got it.

And it's not like there are vague ties between the taliban and al qaeda like both being active in the same area of the world during the same time: they worked hand in hand, with al qaeda funding and equipping the taliban. The fact that the taliban, once in power, were willing to throw Ben Laden under the bus in exchange of some sort of international legitimacy is irrelevant.
It's irrelevant that they were basically begging us for evidence to turn over the person we had been demanding they turn over for three years and instead we bombed them?

You are right in that it demanded immediate action, but not simply because of a blood frenzy.

The Taliban gave harbor to Al-Qaeda. They gave them recruits, they gave them a base, they trained alongside them. If we had decided not to go into Afghanistan simply because the Taliban != Al-Qaeda directly, the message would have been that you are immune to justice as long as you give even half a degree of separation from yourself to the people that did the attacks. That is pretty self evidently a bad idea.
Hey dumdum:

http://www.informationclearinghouse....ticle26410.htm

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I realize there is some validity in arguing against quite a lot of the decisions Dubya made a decade ago but why don't you self-loathing bitches create an Afganistan Butthurt Thread? I want to hear more people making fun of the fat little fuck with the funny haircut.

Beef

Silver Knight of the Realm
Sooooo the Taliban is in NK? Can we make a "Taliban: Maybe nota so bad?" thread and continue talking about sabre rattling and Lil Kim?

Szlia

It's irrelevant that they were basically begging us for evidence to turn over the person we had been demanding they turn over for three years and instead we bombed them?
You fail at diplomacy. These guys (mostly) took over the country but their government was only recognized by less than a handful of nations (mostly because there was an almost universal consensus that, yes, 'they bad'). When they asked for evidences and wanted to negotiate about who would put Ben Laden on trial and where, what they were really asking was for being treated like a recognized government which is a baby step toward being recognized. The US was not interested in making this baby step.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
You fail at diplomacy. These guys (mostly) took over the country but their government was only recognized by less than a handful of nations (mostly because there was an almost universal consensus that, yes, 'they bad'). When they asked for evidences and wanted to negotiate about who would put Ben Laden on trial and where, what they were really asking was for being treated like a recognized government which is a baby step toward being recognized. The US was not interested in making this baby step.
Was it also a baby step when they offered him on a silver platter if only the US would stop bombing them?

I don't give a shit about any of that. Aggression is a fucking war crime. "Well we didn't feel like treating them like a real government so we bombed them instead." Not even remotely good enough.

EmiliaEQ_sl

shitlord
At that point in time, had the US even recognized the legitimacy of the taliban as the ruling power in Afghanistan? I doubt it did
Actually the Talibans were Uncle Sam's best friends while they were kicking some Soviet ass
smile.png

Just like Sadam was once "the good guy keeping IRAN in check".
Just like all these Northern Africa dictators were the good guys keep em muslims in check.

It's all about real-politik now i don't think anyone in the US was worried about towel heads stoning women as long as they kicked soviet ass.
Now it might not be about legitimacy, but we know what happens with "US Interests" (and FR, UK, etc etc)
As to why they decided to bite the hand that helped them vs the russians ? i don't know but there's surely a very reasonable explanation.

To go back to the original thread, i doubt NK will do anything with nukes.
If they do the entire planet will stomp them, and i doubt our little dictator & friends want to lose their perks.

Caliane

This derail has gone on enough.

can we just agree NK and Afgan/Iraq situations are completely different as originally noted?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Sure we can do that. Once chaos agrees that Afghanistan wasnt responsible for 9/11.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Everyone in the last 5 pages_sl said:
I'm a fucking fag
Now that everyone agrees, apparently Rodman is planning another trip to NK in August. It was called "controversial" in the media, but I think this is a fantastic thing. Former basketball star spending time with a young dictator..he's going to have a lot of influence over Kim Jong un. He's an older guy, cool as fuck, sports star, spending 1-on-1 time with the leader of NK who is young and probably impressionable. Just having Rodman develop a relationship with the guy that is purely apolitical has a very good chance of exerting some influence in a much needed way. He probably has little to no interaction with young people in his country, and everyone outside his country is yelling at him. Rodman isn't young, but he's fucking cool. Good enough.

gn0me_sl

shitlord
Can we go back to debating the merits of frying Faulty Armors? Glass parking lots and all that? I really enjoyed that portion of the discussion. This Iraq/Afghanistan shit is so played out at this point. What do you think of the fact the US secretly repositioned a squadron of B1s and a few E6s to Guam? How many missile subs you think we have stalking the Sea of Japan right about now?

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Un is secretly a prisoner of the military. Rodman is going to help smuggle him out of NK by tying him to his penis and walking right out the front door.