North Korea

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!
The rocket is said to have passed over Okinawa before landing in the ocean east of the Philippines. Not the first time one a Glorious Rocket has flown over Japanese territory, either.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So in theory they have the means now to deliver a nuke to the US. Im sure China or Japan is not happy. Incoming nuclear blackmail.

Fuse

Silver Knight of the Realm
So in theory they have the means now to deliver a nuke to the US. Im sure China or Japan is not happy. Incoming nuclear blackmail.
I sure the fuck hope not. It's probably orders of magnitude more complex to hit a city across the world with a ICBM than it is to chuck a chunk of metal into orbit. At least I hope it is.

Charles_sl

shitlord
Terrible news. Just what we need, North Korea to have the capacity to hurt anyone they want to hurt, whenever they want to hurt them. That's what's going to happen if we continue giving them all of this time without any sort of pressure and without any sort of retaliation.

It's a simple issue of right and wrong. Crazy dictators should not be allowed to have the power to hurt innocent people. You cannot trust these types of people, I'm referring to the Kim's in this case but it also applies to nuclear weapons in Iran for example. It's far too dangerous to allow this type of thing to go on.

How we put a stop to it, I don't know. I suppose put more pressure on China to get the North Koreans to stop their missile programs and hope that the innocent citizens of NK wake up and overthrow their oppressors.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I sure the fuck hope not. It's probably orders of magnitude more complex to hit a city across the world with a ICBM than it is to chuck a chunk of metal into orbit. At least I hope it is.
Yeah, I think they still have a ways to go if they actually want to aim and hit something thousands of miles away. But this is just another milestone met. And we all lose.

Charles_sl

shitlord
Right it's another milestone for them and they have all of the time in the world to continue working on their program to develop missiles that can do whatever they want them to do, including hit innocent and unjustifiable targets.

China needs to do something about it. How they can just sit around and let their North Korean buddies cause drama across the globe is beyond me. It's time for them to step up and use their influence.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is inertial guidance really that hard? We did it with 1950s tech and unlike rocket technology, the tech used in guidance has become much more accessible and accurate. Toys have fairly accurate gyros in them now.

Besides, how accurate do they even need to be? The capability to land a nuke on US soil from space is probably good enough to get people to the table so they can blackmail some more free stuff out of functioning countries.

I'm no expert, but it seems like this is a clear message they are basically there on an ICBM. Meanwhile, their people are starving, they can't keep the lights on and they are run by a cult of personality. Perfect.

Terrible news. Just what we need, the United States to have the capacity to hurt anyone they want to hurt, whenever they want to hurt them. That's what's going to happen if we continue giving them all of this time without any sort of pressure and without any sort of retaliation.
FTFY

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
How we put a stop to it, I don't know. I suppose put more pressure on China to get the North Koreans to stop their missile programs and hope that the innocent citizens of NK wake up and overthrow their oppressors.
They're on their third generation god-king. I wouldn't count on them overthrowing anything.

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
The last info I remember reading was that NK nuke they tested was roughly the size of a bus, so it not likely they can actually deliver a nuclear payload for a while. Still unsettling news though.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
They're on their third generation god-king. I wouldn't count on them overthrowing anything.
Yeah, so long as the armed forces remain loyal, you aren't going to see any revolution there. Isn't something like 10-20% of the population in the army?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Every time I read people posting about North Korea, I am appalled at the rampaging ignorance people display.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Then correct it.
I've tried, it's wasted effort and easier just to make Tad-esque lone voice of reason amidst a vast sea of retards style posts. Everyone is essentially brainwashed into believing everything the media says about North Korea, and nobody is willing to accept the fact that America is primarily responsible for North Korea being the way it is. Honestly, I prefer to stick to the threads about Iran, because we haven't successfully turned Iran into North Korea yet, and people seem to be more open minded about the idea that the media is full of shit with regards to Iran.