North Korea

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I've tried, it's wasted effort and easier just to make Tad-esque lone voice of reason amidst a vast sea of retards style posts. Everyone is essentially brainwashed into believing everything the media says about North Korea, and nobody is willing to accept the fact that America is primarily responsible for North Korea being the way it is. Honestly, I prefer to stick to the threads about Iran, because we haven't successfully turned Iran into North Korea yet, and people seem to be more open minded about the idea that the media is full of shit with regards to Iran.
Stick to correcting people with facts then, and the sources you used to learn those facts.

If someone is displaying 'rampaging ignorance' it should be pretty trivial to correct their factual errors.

Underjoyed_sl

shitlord
3orj11.jpg

3orj11.jpg

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
You must be new here.
It's trivial to correct someone if you have facts to back it; it's often impossible to get them to change their mind if they are dug in.

Gavin, let's hear some enlightenment. Even if NK's situation is indeed all our fault, how is the world better off if they develop global nuclear strike capability? What are the lies about NK being perpetrated by our media? Being lied to by the media is seriously not hard to believe.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Then correct it.
I am guessing it is because Gavinrad is the one with the rampaging ignorance.

I recommend people check outNothing to Envy. While primarily a book about defectors and their stories, it does talk at length about how the Great Leader and the Dear Leader managed to fuck up their country over and over again.

If you don't like reading and just aren't very knowledgeable about NK itself, you can check out Vice's guide to North Korea...

ps: Vice is getting turned into a show by HBO for 2013.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Terrible news. Just what we need, North Korea to have the capacity to hurt anyone they want to hurt, whenever they want to hurt them. That's what's going to happen if we continue giving them all of this time without any sort of pressure and without any sort of retaliation.

It's a simple issue of right and wrong. Crazy dictators should not be allowed to have the power to hurt innocent people. You cannot trust these types of people, I'm referring to the Kim's in this case but it also applies to nuclear weapons in Iran for example. It's far too dangerous to allow this type of thing to go on.

How we put a stop to it, I don't know. I suppose put more pressure on China to get the North Koreans to stop their missile programs and hope that the innocent citizens of NK wake up and overthrow their oppressors.
I thought you said you were just exaggerating in the Psy thread about your 'MURICA beliefs... guess not eh?

khalid

Unelected Mod
I thought you said you were just exaggerating in the Psy thread about your 'MURICA beliefs... guess not eh?
So you think its 'MURICA' beliefs to think its a bad idea for NK to have nukes? Can't wait for Japan and SK to become our 51st and 52nd states then.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I've tried, it's wasted effort and easier just to make Tad-esque lone voice of reason amidst a vast sea of retards style posts. Everyone is essentially brainwashed into believing everything the media says about North Korea, and nobody is willing to accept the fact that America is primarily responsible for North Korea being the way it is. Honestly, I prefer to stick to the threads about Iran, because we haven't successfully turned Iran into North Korea yet, and people seem to be more open minded about the idea that the media is full of shit with regards to Iran.
I'm genuinely interested in what you have to say about NK as well. I watch just about every NK documentary and read every interview with people who have escaped NK that I can get my hands on but outside of that I dont know much about it. How do you think the media is misleading us about NK? Why is America responsible for its current condition?

an accordion_sl

shitlord
So you think its 'MURICA' beliefs to think its a bad idea for NK to have nukes? Can't wait for Japan and SK to become our 51st and 52nd states then.
I doubt they'll ever attempt to nuke anything considering Kim Jon Un would lose control of the country afterwards. Look at what the fucking US does to any country they think is a threat, NK's leaders are not that dumb.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Ah well, I am simply not secure in the belief that all countries act rationally in their own self-interest. Plenty of countries have done incredibly dumb things that fucked themselves over afterwards.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The #1 goal of a dictator is to remain in power. Doesn't mean NK won't try to nuke us, but it does mean they're not some terrorist whose goal it is to fuck up their pretend enemies.

Gavin really left the thread quickly when we called him out on his bullshit.

Ah well, I am simply not secure in the belief that all countries act rationally in their own self-interest. Plenty of countries have done incredibly dumb things that fucked themselves over afterwards.
The real world doesn't actually have enough information or processing time for the standard pseudo-scientific notions of rationality that pervade economics to play out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bounded_rationality

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Gavin really left the thread quickly when we called him out on his bullshit.
No, between being abused by a mod on a power trip who I (and others) said should never have been a mod in the first place, and getting ready to be gone for the next several hours to take care of some errands, I didn't want to just hastily toss up some easily picked apart arguments. I'll try to post a more measured response once I get back home this evening. See unlike Tad, when I get called out on my bullshit, I don't just double down on more bullshit.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Did you read what Charles wrote in the psy thread? I had the same thought: "oh god this guy really is just a complete god damn idiot." Had anyone else said the exact same words here, it could be interpreted differently. But what he said there combined with what he said here shows his thought process. "America=good. People who don't like America=bad" is pretty much the premise for his entire belief system

Jait

Molten Core Raider
In the Grand Spectrum of Dictators, this guy is near the end with the other Hedonists like Caligula. He might even march his army to the ocean and tell them to attack it.

I'm not worried. Firing a nuclear weapon (as incredibly complex as that is), is fairly simple compared to firing it accurately and effectively. And he would never hit Disneyland, so I'm safe.

Disneyland is this fat-boy's Heaven, Nirvana, whatever.

porkchop sandwiches

Potato del Grande
No, between being abused by a mod on a power trip who I (and others) said should never have been a mod in the first place, and getting ready to be gone for the next several hours to take care of some errands, I didn't want to just hastily toss up some easily picked apart arguments. I'll try to post a more measured response once I get back home this evening. See unlike Tad, when I get called out on my bullshit, I don't just double down on more bullshit.
Which mod bro? I wanted to know what magical secret infoz you had on North Korea that the rest of us sheeple don't have.

Fuck North Korea, they are a barren wasteland of communist shit.