Notre Dame Manti Te'o dead girlfriend a hoax

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This really is the kind of stuff that makes my little Southern heart smile.

Media going full retard. Check

Non SEC school not only losing the National Championship, but their soul. Check

Character built up by hundreds of hours of propoganda destroyed in minutes. Check

Ahhh, it's the small victories in life, back to banging my sister
You guys should have a baby.

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
Not enough of a problem to hamper drafting a top ten, potentially once-in-a-franchise hall of fame, type talent.
I can only assume that you didn't watch the BCS championship game, otherwise you would have seen what the rest of us saw. Teo was thrown around like a child. Whenever he wasn't locked up with an Alabama lineman and hopeless to escape he was diving through gaps guessing at where the ball would go. He is as responsible for that blowout loss as anyone else on the team.

Teo was a good, not great, college player that usually played against vastly inferior competition. He is *easily* the most overrated player I have ever seen in my now 13 years of really closely following college football, and you're putting him into the hall of fame. wow.

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
I couldn't believe on Mike and Mike how pussyfooting they were about the story.
Chuck Oliver (college football guru on 680 AM in Atlanta) does a college football blurb or 2 or 3 each day, and yesterday he talked about ESPN's nearly absolute silence on this. He mentioned one writer (can't remember the name) who has over 20,000 college football tweats since he started tweating several years back, and he didn't have one thing to say. He went on to mention Schlabach, Jeremy Schaap, Herbstreit and others who did the same thing, his point being that the order had come down from on high NOT to talk about this for the reason all of you are saying. Fuck ESPN.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Te'o showed up and dominated shit talent and was a ghost versus good teams. No way he'll sniff the hof.

panzerfaust_sl

shitlord
I can only assume that you didn't watch the BCS championship game, otherwise you would have seen what the rest of us saw. Teo was thrown around like a child. Whenever he wasn't locked up with an Alabama lineman and hopeless to escape he was diving through gaps guessing at where the ball would go. He is as responsible for that blowout loss as anyone else on the team.

Teo was a good, not great, college player that usually played against vastly inferior competition. He is *easily* the most overrated player I have ever seen in my now 13 years of really closely following college football, and you're putting him into the hall of fame. wow.
truth. It was good to see Alabama wiping the floor with him and exposing his "talent" for what it is.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Yes it is true I trick American hand egg player to believe I am girlfriend his. American sportsmen very stupid. Serbian handball player would not have fall for a such stupid trick.
Welcome back! Are you saying Manti doesn't like getting his asshole railed?

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
Since we're critiquing sports journalists and shows, I hate Stephen A Smith. The angry black man stick is so annoying. Where are the angry white journalists?

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I think the most reasonable scenario is:

1) He's gay
2) His football teammates were always wondering why he wasn't out bangin' chicks around campus like the rest of them
3) He makes up some lame excuse about a "girlfriend back home"
4) As they press for more details he makes up more stories about visiting her in california or Hawaii when he goes back home. No one in Indiana can really confirm or deny any of this as they're too damn far away from Cali/Hawaii to really know.
5) He gets a handful of close friends(probably not on the football team) to help him perpetuate the hoax, they know he's gay and they want to help not cause a rift with the team
6) Shit gets blown WAY out of proportion when media starts to pick up details about his "girlfriend back home", and he's too damn embarassed at that point to come clean, so he just goes with it...and now here we are

Being gay is a huge no-no in the Morman religion, and isn't accepted within the culture of a football team either, nor very accepted at a Catholic university. The 3 main influential factors in his life have huge problems with his lifestyle, so he went to extreme lengths to hide it.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I don't know if the gay theory adds up since a few ND players have said that the locker room knew she wasn't real. What did that one say? Something like Te'o just likes attention so just fabricated the whole thing.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I like how on ESPN yesterday their NFL experts said it wouldn't affect his draft because it wasn't a character issue. How are you going to sign and give a guy millions to play and this isn't a character issue. If you are that damn niave I say that's a character issue. The reporter said it was no different than being scammed out of a huge amount of money, which I also see as a character issue.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think hes a gay. The flaming gay guy at my work confirmed while reading the article in the paper. "oooooooh mary's got a secret!"

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
http://espn.go.com/college-football/...irlfriend-hoax

So now someone is saying this Tuiasosopo guy admitted to doing the whole thing, and had also done it in the past. Something doesn't add up with their story though.

The cousins say they were convinced Te'o was being victimized, but say they were uncertain of what to do. They say they began tweeting their suspicions. Many of their tweets were laced with sarcasm including claims that they were the real Lennay Kekua. After Deadspin.com broke the story on Te'o and Swarbrick held a news conference, Vaosa and Tuioti-Mariner found reporters at their door and say threats were made to them and their families on Twitter.
If they knew about it, why in the world would they be Tweeting that they were the real

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Well thank fuck that opinion weighed in.
i concur.
redface.png