Nutrition

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
@ ark loldidntread.gif you're an idiot. Springbok wants to add a whopping 6 pounds, said he might bulk. Starting Strength or similar plus eat enough = more lean mass at the rate of 1-2 pounds a month, roughly. Not 60 pounds in 3 years by jogging every morning or whatever the voices in your head are telling you. 6 pounds.

loldidntread.gif you're an idiot. Springbok wants to add a whopping 6 pounds, said he might bulk. Starting Strength or similar plus eat enough = more lean mass at the rate of 1-2 pounds a month, roughly. Not 60 pounds in 3 years by jogging every morning or whatever the voices in your head are telling you. 6 pounds.
No, you read it, we both know you did. Can't wait for your next "progress update," caveman. By caveman I mean shemale.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Back to the nutrition side of things - As far as gaining mass is concerned, anything in my diet now that should be changed rearranged?
Others can comment but no. Just volume to get gains. You look like you eat a typical diet for people looking to get in shape. Again nitpicking stuff yeah but generally fine. Different fat sources for instance, maybe avocado, olive oil, tree nuts instead of peanut butter. But good sources of protein, veggies and fats are the main thing. I hear a lot about Leangains but I'm personally not familiar with it.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ya, I rock an avo or two a week, almonds a few days a week etc.... The problem (really only problem I have with it so far) is finding ways (healthy ways) to mix up the tastes. Steak on its own is amazing. Fish/Chicken? Not so much. I was strict as fuck for like 2 weeks (boiled chicken, baked fish w/ no seasoning) - but I just can't live like that. Sriracha is good, but I can't put it on everything. The homemade tomato sauce is the best I've come up with, and its still pretty bland.

Was in an airport last week and didn't pre pack a meal for my actual flight, so had some Chik Fil A nugs and a water.... Salty as fuck. Not sure if that is because of this new diet/eating plan or they were just heavy handed with the seasoning, but it was almost inedible. Was my favorite anti-gay fast food place before as well. /sad

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have recently tried salsa on fish (salmon) and it's really good. Although if you dont make it yourself a lot of them have sugar in it. Specifically mango salsa.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Ya, I rock an avo or two a week, almonds a few days a week etc.... The problem (really only problem I have with it so far) is finding ways (healthy ways) to mix up the tastes. Steak on its own is amazing. Fish/Chicken? Not so much. I was strict as fuck for like 2 weeks (boiled chicken, baked fish w/ no seasoning) - but I just can't live like that. Sriracha is good, but I can't put it on everything. The homemade tomato sauce is the best I've come up with, and its still pretty bland.
Sounds like you just need to learn how to cook. There are tons of great spices/seasonings you can combine together to make things tasty without making them unhealthy.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Uhh, yeah. Salmon with absolutely nothing on it is awesome. Whitefish sucks, yeah, but salmon steal all of the flavor outta the ocean.

And unless you wanna call 180mg of sodium unhealthy, there's also this, which is my go-to for chicken.

rrr_img_11459.jpg

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I find dumping onion/garlic on everything works great. And powdered form is extremely convenient.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Don't forget chicken broth. You can find it pretty cheap in most stores and adds great taste to most dishes. Use it to make rice most of the time. It keeps about a week in the fridge. You can easily make sauces with a bit of broth and some corn starch. Add any spices that you like. Stir fry's are easy as well. You can buy prepackaged veggies at most places even walmart. Stir in some cut chicken breasts or steak too.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just eat everything in sight at all times. Usually have two or three brotein shakes a day, sometimes a little broatmeal in the morning, but usually just throwing chicken, steak, fish, any type of MEAT (ESPECIALLY DICKS LOL) down my throat. I also eat a ton of vegetables and a lot of salad, and I have an avocado in every salad, so I get a lot of good fats in me.

Don't eat too many starchy carbs, most of my carbs come from broccoli, green beans, asparagus, spinach, etc. Occasionally I'll have some rice (wild, red, brown medley) or potatoes. Rarely ever have any type of pasta, bread, or white rice.

Oh, I also eat a FUCKTON of Chipotle. Brown rice, EXTRA black beans, DOUBLE steak, mild and medium salsa, sour cream, cheese and lettuce up in that bitch! If you're feeling EXTRA hungry get that GUAC.

BruuceWarduck_sl

shitlord
I just eat everything in sight at all times. Usually have two or three brotein shakes a day, sometimes a little broatmeal in the morning, but usually just throwing chicken, steak, fish, any type of MEAT (ESPECIALLY DICKS LOL) down my throat. I also eat a ton of vegetables and a lot of salad, and I have an avocado in every salad, so I get a lot of good fats in me.

Don't eat too many starchy carbs, most of my carbs come from broccoli, green beans, asparagus, spinach, etc. Occasionally I'll have some rice (wild, red, brown medley) or potatoes. Rarely ever have any type of pasta, bread, or white rice.

Oh, I also eat a FUCKTON of Chipotle. Brown rice, EXTRA black beans, DOUBLE steak, mild and medium salsa, sour cream, cheese and lettuce up in that bitch! If you're feeling EXTRA hungry get that GUAC.
^would be bros with

Candiarie_sl

shitlord
Use this:
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/hughs-dry-rub/
And buy the family packs of chicken thighs from whole foods (or farmer's market if you can make it. I sleep through mine a lot). Grill it all on Sunday. Eat it every work day for lunch. Be huge and full.

I also started using something close to this recipe and it's good for 10 or so meals with a fuckton of protein each.
http://70sbig.com/blog/2012/12/jacobs-chili/
A bowl that fills me the fuck up is about 400cals/50g protein. I'm fat so I stopped making cornbread to go with it which is making me sad, though I have a badass recipe if anyone wants it. I still eat carbs on training days but it's usually in the form of beer or white rice every so often.

I'm still lifting small though, 205# bodyweight but just repping 235# squats 315# deadlift 110# press. I only recently started taking both strength training and eating somewhat serious though.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
In the summer I make a dry rub that I use on chicken, steak, fish, shrimp, pork, and corn and it tastes amazing on all of them, especially when grilled. Mix together:

1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp ground pepper
1 tbsp paprika
1/2 cup brown sugar (although in the interest of health I usually go lighter on the brown sugar, 1/4 cup or less. I prefer spicy to sweet anyway so this works well for me)

This is a great way to add flavor to your protein of choice without tacking on a ton of extra calories.

Rub it onto whatever tasty meat you're cooking and enjoy the deliciousness. Like Candiarie, I'll usually take one day on the weekend to grill/cook up an entire week's worth of meat/protein and divide it evenly into tupperware containers so I've got it prepared each day. It can be kind of a hassle at first to do all that on the weekend, but it's so nice to literally have zero cooking or preparation to do before/after work during the week.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
hey hey hey hey hey
hey
We already have a cooking thread.

I find myself using marinades more than dry rubs, though. I'm not sure which is healthier, probably the marinade, but I find I get a good amount of flavor as well.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
hey hey hey hey hey
hey
We already have a cooking thread.

I find myself using marinades more than dry rubs, though. I'm not sure which is healthier, probably the marinade, but I find I get a good amount of flavor as well.
hey bro you're the one who made an ambiguous thread whose contents all belong in other existing threads (gaining, losing weight, cooking)

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Bro I just wanted a place to discuss my new paleo diet with out aychamo internet bullying me until I cry.

Upon reflection we probably could have just expanded the cooking thread to the cooking and nutrition thread. Lesson learned I guess.