NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
In many cases you can create a custom resolution and turn that tv into an Ultrawide.
I used to do that in PoE before I got an ultrawide. It worked, but it was kind of annoying. Custom resolutions still confuse some games (hell, ultrawide in general still does) too, and there's a chance you'd end up having to run 3440x1440--letterboxed AND pillarboxed on a 4K.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I used to do that in PoE before I got an ultrawide. It worked, but it was kind of annoying. Custom resolutions still confuse some games (hell, ultrawide in general still does) too, and there's a chance you'd end up having to run 3440x1440--letterboxed AND pillarboxed on a 4K.
Exclusive Full screen and/or Windows 10 full screen optimizations can cause that. Otherwise it works without issue in my experience.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I have an LG OLED C9 65 inch television. Got it in November from Best Buy for $3,200 ($1,000 off, plus I bought it in Delaware, so no sales tax). Games look amazing on it. I can't imagine going back to a much smaller monitor to play games now. Also, I have Nvidia stock, so keep charging as much as you can!

Fucker

Log Wizard
I've seen quite a push towards using TVs for monitors lately. Like 4K ones in the ~40" range, that have good HDR (still limited by the dogshit Windows implementation, but at least the capability is there unlike 99% of PC monitors) and according to the people using them the old problem with text being just about unreadable is pretty much gone. Not something I'd ever consider since there's no such thing as a 1440UW TV, but I have to admit I was surprised to see the claims that a fairly inexpensive TV-grade display is actually usable outside of games and Steam Big Picture mode.

I had a 43 Samsung 6 series that I bought a few weeks ago. 4k. $250 from Wal Mart. It was perfectly usable as a PC monitor. Text was fine. Gaming was fine. I used it as a slideshow display for a bit, and it was fine. Perfectly acceptable picture, really. Not a high end TV by any means, but one doesn't go to McDonald's and complain about not getting Kobe beef. My mom saw it and wanted one, but they were sold out, so I gave her mine.

I expected it to be trash, but it was fine.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
LG also released a 48" OLED which seems like a good size for a monitor and its "only" $1500

If you play a lot of FPS it may still be too big, dunno I know there are some factors about how much screen real estate your eyes have to scan and stuff but I'm too old to really make it a big factor anyways.

I have a 65" OLED as my second screen and sometimes think of replacing my main monitor with something like ^

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
LG also released a 48" OLED which seems like a good size for a monitor and its "only" $1500

If you play a lot of FPS it may still be too big, dunno I know there are some factors about how much screen real estate your eyes have to scan and stuff but I'm too old to really make it a big factor anyways.

I have a 65" OLED as my second screen and sometimes think of replacing my main monitor with something like ^

I played games on my 4k 55" Samsung TV for a while 4-5 years ago. Depending on the type of game, refresh rates and mouse polling isnt really all that big of an issue. Some games, even more so if you arent, or even care about being, super skilled. League of Legends was the first thing I tried on it and my map awareness went out the window for what seemed like months. It was as if I had to relearn how to be aware of what was going on. I contributed it to that very fact - I just couldnt keep an eye on all of the screens real estate like I could with the 28" Dell I was using before that. I would have never switched if that expensive ass monitor hadnt bit the dust. But in hind sight, that experience made me incredibly aware of everything that was happening as soon as I switched back to a smaller screen on a high refresh monitor.

On the other side, though - when I played WoW during that time period, my awareness rocketed upwards during a raid. When you can see what is going on, clearly, on the far side of a boss - you end up being able to stay out of dumb shit a lot better. I felt like I could also spot shit out that others were doing incorrectly a lot better, so raid lead became a lot easier. Of course, this is opinion based - but I'm just proving the point from my own experience that the display size is particular to the game. If I had my choice, my perfect setup would be two nice 36" 4k/8k monitors with high refresh, and one big 70" 4k/8k Television with high refresh. That way I could put the game on the display that works best for that type of game.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

This will more than likely be my next monitor unless I see a 43" as good as this spec wise by the time I am ready to buy.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
lol, I actually might just not that one now. I need to read some reviews and stuff but this thing @$1200 might be to good to pass up unless I'm missing something that makes it a bad buy.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I bought a new monitor for a Black Friday deal that's legit but I regret not buying a bigger one. Now that I have a nice monitor I definitely see the value in throwing down on a legit monitor.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I bought a new monitor for a Black Friday deal that's legit but I regret not buying a bigger one. Now that I have a nice monitor I definitely see the value in throwing down on a legit monitor.
What size? Debating on dropping back down to 27" and I feel like that may be a bad decision.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
What size? Debating on dropping back down to 27" and I feel like that may be a bad decision.
From what though? A 27 is perfect for a ton of stuff but god damned do i love ultra wide for nearly everything else. 3 monitors would be amazing with 1 super ultra wide for the awesome shit then some 27ish for fps. Flipping the middle monitor with a smaller/larger would be nice but it would never really happen.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Really need like a 80-100 inch wide monitor where you can say the middle part gets 244hz and the rest are lower.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Depends how close you sit too and how shitty your old man eyes are ( Brahma Brahma , jk lol)

I have the 27 inch LG 144hz/1440p monitor and it's perfect. IMO one of the best monitors on the market and I got it for $380 new.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Depends how close you sit too and how shitty your old man eyes are ( Brahma Brahma , jk lol)

I have the 27 inch LG 144hz/1440p monitor and it's perfect. IMO one of the best monitors on the market and I got it for $380 new.
I just got one of those too because the price was too good.

It'll be here Monday.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
FYI this is the link

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YGZL8XF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_96P7EbJKAA59H

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

0uIjA7t.gif

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users