NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It is furthermore noted that ending output on GeForce RTX 20 series graphics cards will lead to extreme shortages in the coming weeks due to a mounting desire in the mining section which has started to revive in the latest months. This could direct to the GeForce RTX 2080 Super & RTX 2080 Ti graphics playing cards to be out of stock substantially sooner than anticipated.
Aazrael Aazrael

source.gif
[/quote]

• 2Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Nvidia is going to be shooting themselves in the dick if the price and availability of the 3000 series is shit. The consoles are going to be providing a really good price - performance value on a level that hasn't been seen for a long time. They're going to be very attractive options for non-enthusiast PC gamers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
Nvidia is going to be shooting themselves in the dick if the price and availability of the 3000 series is shit. The consoles are going to be providing a really good price - performance value on a level that hasn't been seen for a long time. They're going to be very attractive options for non-enthusiast PC gamers.

If I had to guess, availability on everything is going to suck for a while. Consoles, new Ryzens, Nvidia 3x parts.

• 3Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob

3090 is the super expensive one though i think, curious how a 3070 will fare against a 2080ti

i think i read that DLSS 3.0 may only work with 3xxx cards and it can provide a 50% FPS boost while also delivering better visuals, DLSS 2.0 already does pretty good on a 2060

(DLSS basically uses nvidia cloud servers to pre-compute highly optimized render paths for specific games and scenes so games can shortcut a lot of work while rendering)

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

3090 is the super expensive one though i think, curious how a 3070 will fare against a 2080ti

i think i read that DLSS 3.0 may only work with 3xxx cards and it can provide a 50% FPS boost while also delivering better visuals, DLSS 2.0 already does pretty good on a 2060

(DLSS basically uses nvidia cloud servers to pre-compute highly optimized render paths for specific games and scenes so games can shortcut a lot of work while rendering)
Has DLSS ended up doing all that much for typical gamers on typical AAA games? It seemed like snake oil to me but I never got a card to try it on.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Has DLSS ended up doing all that much for typical gamers on typical AAA games? It seemed like snake oil to me but I never got a card to try it on.

Digital Foundry has done a couple of different analysis videos of using DLSS 2.0, I know for Control especially and mentioned it in others. But it if memory serves me they was really good performance increase in setting an internal DLSS resolution to like 1080p/1440p and using it to scale up. And it came close to native resolution quality. There were some tricks to preserve some of the anti-aliasing... this is all based on memory. And they mentioned it recently in the Microsoft or PS5 event review videos. Basically saying, is 4k even necessary when technology like DLSS will allow you to run a game at 1440p and have it look as good as 4k (paraphrased).

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
We don't know console prices yet.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I wonder how many Stimulus II checks will go towards new Nvidia cards, depending if the timing is right.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
The check won't pay for it completely, and people who can afford the 3K cards won't be eligible anyway.
But that won't stop people.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Edgelord

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I feel a 3090 will be around 1500 - I personally dont see them having any single gpu over 1500 with big navi coming out supposedly in winter also and also outpacing 2080ti by 20% (supposedly). I'd likely aim for the 3090 just for drive stability. I have no regrets quite like the ones from buying AMD cards over the years.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The check won't pay for it completely, and people who can afford the 3K cards won't be eligible anyway.
But that won't stop people.
If you think there's no single people who make 75k a year who wouldn't drop 1500 on a GPU then you don't know any of the same people I do lol.

• 6Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
I wonder how many Stimulus II checks will go towards new Nvidia cards, depending if the timing is right.
Mine probably, had money set aside for it but car troubles took care of that

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Time to contact your congressman and demand a 30x0 sized stimulus

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
PCMR Lives Matter.

lol jk anybody that spends 1500 dollars on a GPU doesn't have a life to matter.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
PCMR Lives Matter.

lol jk anybody that spends 1500 dollars on a GPU doesn't have a life to matter.
These days my life is completely burdened with "Life" and I'm in a better position to buy a $1500 GPU than ever before. Still won't though, lol.

• 1Solidarity