NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
6800XT it is then. $1k is just ridiculous.
Same for me I think. I’ve felt like Nvidia has been dishonest and just lame this launch, while AMD has been trying to listen to customers and address their issues. Enough for me to give them a shot. If it sucks I’ll take the loss and sell it and crawl back to Nvidia.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Well over 60% increase in price over the regular model. Sounds like a raw fucking deal.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I love when people spend time getting butthurt over things that are just rumors.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

bytes

Molten Core Raider
You're right actually, the Ti is probably just 700 dollars for 30% more performance over the regular version, I don't know why I got irritated there for a second.

• 1Like

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Looks like the only reason I thought the 10900K was still faster is because TPU's Ryzen reviews used 3200 RAM. Rerunning with 3800/C16 shows it's almost always faster even at 4K.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Looks like the only reason I thought the 10900K was still faster is because TPU's Ryzen reviews used 3200 RAM. Rerunning with 3800/C16 shows it's almost always faster even at 4K.

How many sticks of ram though? :p

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There have been more talks of bots in this thread than others but holy shit. You dive down that rabbit hole and you start to see how crazy them sneakerheads are... There are cook groups, which seems to be a group of people that just give info on shoe drops, potential spots on the bot, general info, but you pay a subscription fee. Pretty exclusive group all those sneakerheads too as the shoe bot Reddit is full of posts about how to bot a Ps5, and people be pissed. Multiple replies saying it'll cost just as much as the console to get a bot for the console, so don't even bother. Lol

If you wanna dive down that rabbit hole: r/shoebots

spronk

FPS noob
yeah there are people with scottbot etc that got 50+ PS5s today from walmart, be interesting to see if anything results from it. Pretty much every big high tech item this fall - PS5, Series X, every nvidia card, every AMD Ryzen chip/GPU - has been botted to the point where 70% of the sales are going to a few individuals with bots who resell for 50-150%+ markups on ebay, offerup, etc.

Its probably reaching a tipping point where someone will have to break the logjam, because its a bit ridiculous now where a few thousand people buy everything that is "rare" using automated, really simple scripts that just place thousands of orders per second per user. Not just sneakers, weird ass designer clothes, jewelry, stupid furniture (google nugget couches for that shithole), but now high end tech too.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
That shit would be incredibly easy to just make yourself. Find a local place that works with foams, ask them to sell you specific sizes/thickness and then just buy some appropriate fabric/zippers from the local fabric place.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
yeah there are people with scottbot etc that got 50+ PS5s today from walmart, be interesting to see if anything results from it. Pretty much every big high tech item this fall - PS5, Series X, every nvidia card, every AMD Ryzen chip/GPU - has been botted to the point where 70% of the sales are going to a few individuals with bots who resell for 50-150%+ markups on ebay, offerup, etc.

Its probably reaching a tipping point where someone will have to break the logjam, because its a bit ridiculous now where a few thousand people buy everything that is "rare" using automated, really simple scripts that just place thousands of orders per second per user. Not just sneakers, weird ass designer clothes, jewelry, stupid furniture (google nugget couches for that shithole), but now high end tech too.
Yea, that's insane. I'm all about manually trying to do it but it seems pretty impossible. Also the sneaker stores have been combating this for years and so the bots are way more sophisticated to bypass the shoe stores, so you bring them to a Best Buy? Or Walmart? Shit. There's no chance.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Solution is to auction the first few batches.

It's not a fucking mystery how to fix it

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Solution is to auction the first few batches.

It's not a fucking mystery how to fix it
I love this solution because it fucks over scalpers the most and drives profits into the people making tech, but you know that manufacturers of high-end goods will start to lean on auctioning and relax their production rates if they find they can become more profitable by dragging out releases.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
All that will do is result in higher secondary market prices. If demand still exceeds supply, scalpers will continue to exist.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
You can’t expect manufacturers to fill the void that scalpers historically and heroically have done in the past.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
58ov7gsam9z51.jpg

• 12Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 13 users