NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Was curious about prices etc but the radeon cards are not listed over here until 15:00 and they have a very limited supply with no more cards coming until other manufacturers release theirs.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Was curious about prices etc but the radeon cards are not listed over here until 15:00 and they have a very limited supply with no more cards coming until other manufacturers release theirs.

Probably have between 0-5% of snagging a card at release, but I'm going to give it a whirl.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Had it in my cart on Amazon and immediately went out of stock. Best Buy is the only option now since they blow balls about releasing things on time.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I was not as lucky with this as I was with the CPU.

Best buy's stock hasn't gone live yet.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’m not even going to try Best Buy. I know the outcome already. I wasn’t even mad this morning at Amazon and Newegg, it was exactly what I expected 🤷‍♂️

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Basically what we all thought the cards would be: Competitive at pure rasterization (better in most cases up to 4k, then at 4k better at some and worse at most games), significantly worse at RTX especially in games with DLSS. I suspect the AMD cards will get better through software as the cards mature, and knowing both new consoles are using AMD GPU's makes me genuinely curious on RTX implementations going forward. Stock was abysmal today, so AMD really needs to get cards to market if they want any chance at gaining market share here. I believe they will have better stock from now through 2021 via board partner cards, but we'll see.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Basically what we all thought the cards would be: Competitive at pure rasterization (better in most cases up to 4k, then at 4k better at some and worse at most games), significantly worse at RTX especially in games with DLSS. I suspect the AMD cards will get better through software as the cards mature, and knowing both new consoles are using AMD GPU's makes me genuinely curious on RTX implementations going forward. Stock was abysmal today, so AMD really needs to get cards to market if they want any chance at gaining market share here. I believe they will have better stock from now through 2021 via board partner cards, but we'll see.
Totally agree, I'm locked into AMD at this point with the new build, so really hoping to not have to wait a year before I can put a new card in the machine. I still think there is a chance with BB today. That's how I managed to snag the 5800x after the regular release at 9AM EST.

• 1Like

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Wish they'd put me out of my misery and release the bastard already. Finger-banging my keyboard for 2 hours wasn't my idea of work on Wednesday morning.

spronk

FPS noob
stock was up at AMD direct for about 20 mins but it sold out, mostly to botters. 6800 XT Selling for $1200-1500 on eBay which I guess is pretty much the new normal, 2x markup on new tech benefiting a few people who run bot scripts.

Its pretty silly this keeps happening with every new product this year, and no company really gives a shit. "Anti-bot" software is a joke and easily worked around by any script, since its virtually impossible to tell the difference between a real person and a script that just keeps pushing HTTP requests hundreds of times a second from hundreds of proxy servers.

I wasn't planning on building out a new PC for another 4-5 months so no rush, and it sounds like the 3080 still beats the pants off the 6800/6800XT when you factor in ray tracing (I love the "with ray tracing off, the AMD cards are better!" Motherfucker, thats like saying at 30 fps, card A is better than card B which runs at 120 fps!")

This is the page you'll want to monitor for changes, when AMD puts up new product they add em all to here with add to cart buttons

• 1Picard

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Effectively imaginary card is slightly better and/or slightly worse than other effectively imaginary card.

• 5Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 7 users

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
BB really killing the mood. Would like to get my pure disappointment over already.

• 1Like