NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Holy sh*t, I was looking to buy almost any kind of video card to have something to troubleshoot with as a put together a few PCs. There is almost nothing available to me to buy, like 1050 TIs, I guess, and seemingly even less locally in a major metro region. Unbelievable the levels of nothing out there in stock and on store shelves.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Well, fair play, but my intent was something that you could also do some 1080p gaming with. And I did say *almost* nothing. That was the only kind of thing they have on Microcenter shelves in town, and Best Buy seemed to be no better. What I originally intended was to buy a current gen (Ampere or RDNA2) to round out what I had intended for my current rigs, and then something in the $200 range for a PC I want to eventually give away as a gift AND also use for troubleshooting until I finish out these rigs. Video Card availability in the post 1080Ti era is one of the reasons I went in really heavily for the consoles. Maybe some day the stars will align and you will once again be able to buy decent cards in the sub-800 range.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Interested George Clooney GIF

• 1Worf

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
I'm a scalper, I'll own it. I've sold 1 Zotac 3090 on Reddit, and 2 other cards to friends for a $50 profit. I really enjoy the chase on these cards and other electronics, and I got into it because I wanted a 3080 for myself, but now I'm not evening building a new computer until the next generation I think. The side hustle paid for my kid's Christmas and then some. It's been nice.

You're buying 3090 video cards and you spent less than $150 on Christmas for your kid?

Bruh.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Molten Core Raider
Makes sense (hahfindersfee). Im also feeling like we're getting shafted again today, kinda feels like these should have dropped by now if they're going to.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Makes sense (hahfindersfee). Im also feeling like we're getting shafted again today, kinda feels like these should have dropped by now if they're going to.

Yeah man i was ready to pounce, and im still just letting it refresh on other screens just incase BB playing games.

• 1Solidarity

Molten Core Raider
The ATR discord is saying BB has been busy restocking Pokemon stuff, so there's still a chance I guess. Twenty dollar Pokemon are way more important than thousand dollar gpu sales.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Well this time frame has been the norm for a while - However people forget BB used to drop from 2pm to 6pm for a while too.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Just got a notify for a RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA from EVGA. For $679, which is 21 bucks less than I paid for my 3080 FE.

1611083066466.png

• 1Worf

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
anyone have a 30 series card die on them? EVGA forum seems like they have a new person every other day claim they're on the first second or third RMA.