NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Rando info from Stockdrops Discord:

Confirmation from Asus representative that "prices for Motherboards are going up in price right now, and another GPU price increase down the line, also that Chinese new year has been bad for production and to not expect any major GPU drops over the entire of February going into march" its best to buy buy buy right now. as things are only going to get worse.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Jfc

Why the fuck aren't there any domestic producers for this shit

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
anyone have a 30 series card die on them? EVGA forum seems like they have a new person every other day claim they're on the first second or third RMA.

Yes, on a 3070. First one worked briefly but died in the time it took to install Windows on a fresh build. Did the RMA (process was a little obtuse), replacement got here last week and is working fine.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Someone tell Biden cards being hard to get hurts the blacks or some shit

I was on my phone for the drop earlier, saw it maybe a minute after it was listed, and everything was already sold out

I mean what the fuck

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Except it's not. We're not actually going to use the money collected to build anything of the sort, so it's just a wasteful tax.
Except it is. The point of taxes is that they’re used to (dis)incentivize market behavior. Economic policy is commonly used to push toward different outcomes. But, of course, it doesn’t exhibit linear behavior. Are you literally retarded?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Except it is. The point of taxes is that they’re used to (dis)incentivize market behavior. Economic policy is commonly used to push toward different outcomes. But, of course, it doesn’t exhibit linear behavior. Are you literally retarded?
But it's not going to disincentivize market behavior in this case. Most or all of the cost is just going to be passed on to the consumer, who are going to grumble and pay for it, because it's the same tax they were already paying scalpers anyway. It is not going to actually lead to building appropriate fabrication facilities in the US and changing the market.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Also did you try to check out? when i checked out last time they added a $50 discount to my card purchase.
Yeah, good call. With associate codes and the built in discount, I can get 88 dollars off. I still don't want it but I'm offering it up to anyone at work that wants one.

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
But it's not going to disincentivize market behavior in this case. Most or all of the cost is just going to be passed on to the consumer, who are going to grumble and pay for it, because it's the same tax they were already paying scalpers anyway. It is not going to actually lead to building appropriate fabrication facilities in the US and changing the market.
So? It’s still working as an incentive to build them in the US and a disincentive to build them in China. None of your post contradicts this.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

I was on my phone for the drop earlier, saw it maybe a minute after it was listed, and everything was already sold out

I mean what the fuck
A minute? Fuck, you were WAY too late. Lol. Shit sells out in seconds, usually less.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, good call. With associate codes and the built in discount, I can get 88 dollars off. I still don't want it but I'm offering it up to anyone at work that wants one.
*cough* So you're offering that 3070 at cost? I mean i can always use more cards!

We doing fine, i can find cards, sell cards, but i cant find a mfin ps5 digital for $550!

Molten Core Raider
I am officially tired of refreshing the Best Buy page. Maybe they'll surprise us with some Wednesday drops.

On a funny note, after the card drop trainwreck on the Asus site over the weekend, they dont have any Nvidia 30x0 series cards listed anymore. Wonder if they realized how ill equipped they are for the voluntary DDOSing they do to themselves every time they try to sell something.

Fadaar

That guy
^ that's one of the things I was really hoping would come out of the Trump presidency (sorry sorry I know...). At least it's happening a little bit even if Biden decides to put things right back to where they were.

• 1Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Thats literally happening;

2024? Only 1600 jobs? This sounds exactly like the Foxconn factory in Wisconsin that turned out to a total scam. A scam engineered by Trump and Scott Gumby Walker.

You people are so easily duped.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This sounds exactly like the Foxconn factory in Wisconsin that turned out to a total scam. A scam engineered by Trump and Scott Gumby Walker.

You people are so easily duped.
You people are so easily duped. *Links WSJ.

I give this irony two worfs.

• 1Worf