NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Honestly I'm considering it,

Hell Yeah Yes GIF

upswing of half my family dying in the last year is plenty of life insurance money kicking around and a desire to turn my brain off by playing vidya gaem.
Sorry to hear that

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Honestly I'm considering it, upswing of half my family dying in the last year is plenty of life insurance money kicking around and a desire to turn my brain off by playing vidya gaem.

Could try sex and drugs.

Either way that's a shit deal man.

Last edited:

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I don't see how that fixes anything when people can use custom mining drivers. (it also seems to kind of shit things up for gamers that want to hobby mine on the side more than change anything for dedicated farms)

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
If the dedicated mining GPUs are good it won't be an issue over time, definitely not a quick fix but nothing else will be either

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Uhh they did that once before 3 years ago during the first mining boom. They released video cards with no display outputs and mining specific only drivers.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
If the dedicated mining GPUs are good it won't be an issue over time, definitely not a quick fix but nothing else will be either
That'd be true if somehow magically there wasn't shortages of the things to make mining/gaming cards.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’m no fan of crypto or mining but trying to nerf already released/sold cards knowing they will just use custom drivers seems like a shitty thing to do, as well as a giant waste of time. How about just make your “CMP” card better as more efficient than the GFX card can achieve and price it cheaper to incentivize buying them instead?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Power supply prices are ridiculous and they're almost as hard to find as GPUs.

• 1Solidarity

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I believe the technical answer is:

Bitcoin prices go brrr.
This is really fucking annoying when you think about the insane amount of resources being devoted to basically do nothing productive.

Here I am, 6 1/2 years on a 980ti.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This is really fucking annoying when you think about the insane amount of resources being devoted to basically do nothing productive.
Saying anything bad about boiling the oceans to make imaginary pretend money that will have no use when the power goes out is communist talk, comrade.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Pulled the trigger and just bought a super 3090 dell rig with 64 hyper x 3600 MHz ram.

fuck it I need that extra 25 Frames in 1440P in my FPS games

my 1080 TI still fucks it’s the MX510 of graphics cards and you know I’m right

1613797119810.jpeg

puff daddy wanna be ballers GIF by BET Awards

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Fadaar

That guy
Man I used a MX500 or G500 or whatever it was for a long long time. Finally went back to wireless after my last mouse started having button issues.

Molten Core Raider
People on ebay are super thirsty for cards. I didn't bother with waiting for bids, I just tossed my 1080 and 1070 up with Buy it Now prices set. The 1080 sold for 350 before I could even get the 1070 listed, which sold for 250 almost as fast. May could have gotten more riding out a bid timer, but Im happy with what I got. My video card dealings are officially done for the next half decade or more.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users