NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I sold my used 1070 Ti for $325. Sold in 50 minutes on Buy Now. Such a shortage of components currently.

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
My 1080ti is set to turn out 150$/month mining with nicehash and that's been increasing a dollar or so every couple hours. You might of gotten a lot more for those cards.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
My 1080ti is set to turn out 150$/month mining with nicehash and that's been increasing a dollar or so every couple hours. You might of gotten a lot more for those cards.
Where do you even start with mining? I’ve thought about looking into it. More curious about the process and setting it up than actually running it all the time and making money.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
nicehash.com

Simple as shit, just don't leave your bitcoin on there too long as they've been hacked before.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Where do you even start with mining? I’ve thought about looking into it. More curious about the process and setting it up than actually running it all the time and making money.
I use nicehash because I'm lazy. It has an auto tuning miner and they pay you to rent your hash rate out so it will auto switch to whatever is most profitable. You just sign up for an account, download the miner and you get paid out every few hours with bitcoin.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
It's probably not ideal to run my actual/personal gaming machine with a 3060Ti in it, right?! Lol

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's probably not ideal to run my actual/personal gaming machine with a 3060Ti in it, right?! Lol
I mean, yea mining maxes your gpu out but if you have appropriate cooling I don’t feel it’s gonna kill your card.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I fired up nicehash to check it out. Once it starts and does some connections it says I’m making $8 a day. I haven’t tried to do any optimization or anything as I don’t plan on actually doing this, so idk if I could go higher.

Holy shit what a wasteful thing. I’m not even a climate conscious person but this seems like a ridiculously wasteful amount of energy and resources just to decrypt transactions.

• 1Like

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, I feel like if it were something I wanted to do, I'd have needed more cards than what I had at my disposal to offset the higher power bill, especially with warmer weather coming up. It gets fucking nasty humid and hot in Georgia during the summer, that power bill would be disgusting.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I feel like if it were something I wanted to do, I'd have needed more cards than what I had at my disposal to offset the higher power bill, especially with warmer weather coming up. It gets fucking nasty humid and hot in Georgia during the summer, that power bill would be disgusting.
I could set up a dedicated rig for it in my unfinished basement which is pretty cool. It still just seems wasteful. Adding all that power to the electric bill to make $200 a month.

• 1Solidarity

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That's only 10 months until you can afford another graphics card though!

• 1Pathetic

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That's only 10 months until you can afford another graphics card though!

If bitcoin doubles in value it's only 5 months!

As someone who was a long term hold until several years ago and would be living a completely different life right now if I continued to hold it's probably best to keep the bitcoins and buy the cards with cash. Money printer go brrr but bitcoins don't.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It's hilarious how much age/money changes your viewpoint on things. Bitcoin mining when I was 20, making $150/month to max my video card? I'd have thought I was a Saudi Prince. At 36, I couldn't really give a shit.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
If bitcoin doubles in value it's only 5 months!

As someone who was a long term hold until several years ago and would be living a completely different life right now if I continued to hold it's probably best to keep the bitcoins and buy the cards with cash. Money printer go brrr but bitcoins don't.

Till power prices triple.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I fired up nicehash to check it out. Once it starts and does some connections it says I’m making $8 a day. I haven’t tried to do any optimization or anything as I don’t plan on actually doing this, so idk if I could go higher.

Holy shit what a wasteful thing. I’m not even a climate conscious person but this seems like a ridiculously wasteful amount of energy and resources just to decrypt transactions.
Yes it is, and if we stay the RCP 8.5 course it's not gonna be around much longer

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It's hilarious how much age/money changes your viewpoint on things. Bitcoin mining when I was 20, making $150/month to max my video card? I'd have thought I was a Saudi Prince. At 36, I couldn't really give a shit.
Yeah this would have been great 10+ years ago when I wasn’t doing too well financially. Now I’m like hell no I’m not wearing my pc out like that lol

• 1Solidarity

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Just sent in my 2060S for the 3070 replacement. When I took it out I realized my case only has 2-slot clearance for the GPU. So I bought a new case. Then I had to buy a new PSU because I didn't notice the different form factor in the case. So while I was at it, might as well buy that AIO I've been wanting...

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Just sent in my 2060S for the 3070 replacement. When I took it out I realized my case only has 2-slot clearance for the GPU. So I bought a new case. Then I had to buy a new PSU because I didn't notice the different form factor in the case. So while I was at it, might as well buy that AIO I've been wanting...

Have you started looking for a new CPU and mobo yet?

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users