NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I got the cheapest aio water cooler, DDR 3200 ram and motherboard available and its lit up like a Christmas tree. But my 2 yr just sits there in my computer chair saying "Woah, awesome. Good job daddy." watching the lights. I was surprised how interested she was while I was putting it together too, she made me explain everything I was doing. I'd shut the lights off but she really loves them.
Be careful getting her get too interested in your PC. You may raise another Mist Mist

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You have to go out of your way to avoid the RGB it seems like. I didnt want any RGB in my latest build but couldnt get around it on my ram and video card. I tried to offset it with a case that has tinted, tempered glass on the side. The RGB is still visible, but it's a bit muted rather than looking like carnival lights.
I went for a standard old "black box" case to counter that, I really don't care about the glass side panels it's not like I need to look inside my PC(and if I do it's likely I'm gonna have to open it anyway) so I grabbed one that has a normal metal panel. When I open it there's a bunch of lights and stupid shit in there, but when it's closed it barely does any light(there's a few openings where light filters a bit when the room is completely dark, but not much more than the usual lights you get from the power indicator and such).

Sometimes the non RGB products are cheaper, but sometimes there's just no alternative for the same product without the stupid lights. Sometimes you can turn the lights off too so it doesn't matter that much, but ultimately getting a nice old school case is the best "fix" imo.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
What do you guys think about this one? I know, Intel and not the latest AMD hotness, but still not a bad price considering its got a $1000-$1400 3070, lol.

Say they have 25 in stock, last one I was eying was a 5900x with same components as the one above, for $2300 but it sold out before I could jump on it. Fuck me, I should have drove my ass out there and bought it right away.

Fuck, maybe ill just wait for next year, maybe all this bullshit shortages will be over by then, AMD will have yet another hotness better than todays too. That intel in that box above scores pretty low compared to the 5800x.

I have all the bullshit I need to build a 5800x box in my amazon shopping cart except the damn video card, and fuck you if im paying $1000-$1400 for a $550-$600 card. I refuse to be a sap.

....The Raphael family of Ryzen CPUs is expected to be introduced around mid of 2022. The Raphael line of AMD Ryzen 7000 Desktop CPUs will feature full compatibility on the brand new AM5 platform which will feature DDR5 and PCIe Gen 5.0 support.....

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah, I'm curious to see what the benchmarks look like once they are released. That's probably the only thing that stopped me from buying a 10900 today. If the cost/benefit isn't really there, I'm probably just doing to grab a 10900. I have a 850w PSU, so I'm not overly concerned with what a power hog they are. If I was running a 3090 or something I would be, but I'm still slumming it up with a fucking 1660 Super. But this 3570k and DDR2 memory is really starting to tilt my ass.

I'm fucking all-in on RGB. I used to be triggered by it, but I fucking love it now. To the point that I've redone my office with an RGB LED lamp for the corner and RGB backlights for my monitors. I'd like to stay a solid color for the PC though - much classier.
Did you get your shit ordered yet or what. You know you gotta get your Alyx VR on.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
I just picked up a scratch and dent Alienware AMD Ryzen™ 7 5800X , RTX 3080, 16 gigs ram 2 1TB SSDS and 2 years service and 2 years of accidental damage ( they wanted 200 for the 2 year service and 140 for accidental) I talked them down to 100 dollars for both. Grand price of 2200 with 4% cashback.

The computer was originally 2700. I just kept going through the online chat and would ask for huge discounts. This one dude did it.

There were a few 3090s up there but people snatched them up before me. Im too old to dick around building my own stuff with an almost 2-year-old running around.

• 2Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I just picked up a scratch and dent Alienware AMD Ryzen™ 7 5800X , RTX 3080, 16 gigs ram 2 1TB SSDS and 2 years service and 2 years of accidental damage ( they wanted 200 for the 2 year service and 140 for accidental) I talked them down to 100 dollars for both. Grand price of 2200 with 4% cashback.

The computer was originally 2700. I just kept going through the online chat and would ask for huge discounts. This one dude did it.

There were a few 3090s up there but people snatched them up before me. Im too old to dick around building my own stuff with an almost 2-year-old running around.
LOL LINK LOL?

Oh NM He got a DELL!

• 3Like

Rais

Trakanon Raider
I always have the option of pouring water on the pc if I hate it so they can keep giving me new ones for the next 2 years. I'd rather build my own but tracking down the damn cards and having it already built for me for that price was too easy for me. Maybe I can turn my baby 1080 into a miner and make 1 dollar a day.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

service tag?

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
KdU7F23.jpg

• 10Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 11 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm

Taiwan is facing a drought. The problem could affect TSMC's microchip factories located there, which use a lot of water in the production of chips for Apple, Nvidia, Intel and AMD, among others.

• 2Worf
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Now all we need famine and the circle will be complete.

Buit hey, I hear that you can still pick up the latest Intel chips.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Now all we need famine and the circle will be complete.

Buit hey, I hear that you can still pick up the latest Intel chips.
They run so hot they probably caused that drought.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Pretty interesting video. Seems to work on 5000 series as well from the very little internet searching I did. Supposedly like 10c difference

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I always have the option of pouring water on the pc if I hate it so they can keep giving me new ones for the next 2 years. I'd rather build my own but tracking down the damn cards and having it already built for me for that price was too easy for me. Maybe I can turn my baby 1080 into a miner and make 1 dollar a day.
Hell ya. 10 years ago I would have laughed at you. Now the smartest play is to get a pre built. Mine should be here tomorrow then it’s Alyx in max settings.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Rais

Trakanon Raider
service tag?
Not sure where I can find it. Is this it? It says its in production even though its a scratch and dent? Looks like I had a better deal than I thought at first since I asked for upgraded ram and the service plans.
1615484348971.png