NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Money flowing for goods and services keeps the economy going. You can complain about prices, but if everyone held off "till later" the economy would collapse. But people won't so people complain about it.
If everyone held off til later, manufacturers and legitimate resellers would have to find a way to not let scalpers hoover up every card coming down the pike, rather than get on board the Scalper Express. "Someone has to fix broken windows. Let's break windows to improve the economy!!!"

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Do you already have the PC? If not just have them swap it out for a cheaper one.

They're unresponsive. I'd have to to do it in-store. 2.5h round trip to make it happen and no guarantee the build isn't in progress since they could never give me a firm ETA or estimate.

Was told it could go out to Saturday, but he said that isn't firm. If the box is cracked open, since it's already paid for, that'd probably be messy.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Due to the ticket system and everything being in-store for the most part, there's no real easy way to reach out and talk about a swap.

I'd have to risk driving in and getting told the box is open already. And they have all the ground to stand on since this order is paid up and in queue for building.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Due to the ticket system and everything being in-store for the most part, there's no real easy way to reach out and talk about a swap.

I'd have to risk driving in and getting told the box is open already. And they have all the ground to stand on since this order is paid up and in queue for building.

So what if the boxes are open. For a savings of 1k I'd make that trip man. That's why you paid them $250 bucks. Fuck that shit.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So what if the boxes are open. For a savings of 1k I'd make that trip man. That's why you paid them $250 bucks. Fuck that shit.

I'm considering it.

1634936932282.png

280 watts looks like the bar to meet peak efficiency? So it's not as bad as Neranja made out necessarily regarding this EVGA. Not sure if it's the exact model though. With mining, I think I can idle at a decent amount of watts with the RGB on.

It's still a 100 dollar overspend. The gasoline costs have to be factored in since Brandon.

Gasoline could easily cancel out the overspend saving on the PSU.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I'm considering it.

View attachment 378443

280 watts looks like the bar to meet peak efficiency? So it's not as bad as Neranja made out necessarily regarding this EVGA. Not sure if it's the exact model though. With mining, I think I can idle at a decent amount of watts with the RGB on.

It's still a 100 dollar overspend. The gasoline costs have to be factored in since Brandon.

Gasoline could easily cancel out the overspend saving on the PSU.

You're should be swapping out more than that power supply man. That MB, fans etc all come into consideration. I would not make a trip for a 100 bucks.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You're should be swapping out more than that power supply man. That MB, fans etc all come into consideration. I would not make a trip for a 100 bucks.

Just got the confirmation boxes are open and build is near completion. I have to just eat it but I will examine the return policy.

I can justify the mobo by doing some overclocking, albeit AMD is not the chipset really to do that with right now, but I can still do something with it. It's a big overspend for a Joe Dirt gamer, I agree-- but since boxes are open I have to make the best of it. The Tomahawk would have had more slots if I was going to do some mining with this shit. I can still do some halfass mining to try to live with the 1,300.

I'm feeling the sting and I'll do whatever I can to make it better. 7.1 sound running directly off the USB, etc. Anything to make this PSU worth, including frying the rig.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I linked you the GamersNexus review on the LF II with the AMD offset bracket.

Looks like a great cooler. Not offered by Microcenter though, so I didn't get totally banged over the head on that one-- provided I was doing the whole thing in-store with them.

Noted for future upgrade depending on how this thing goes.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Anything to make this PSU worth, including frying the rig.
You don't have to "make this worth it", just stop caring about it. There are a lot of things I bought in my life that turned out to be worthless later, and by now I'm far too old and jaded to be losing sleep over that.

"Did I learn something from it?" - if yes, then it has was at least a bit valuable.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Just got the confirmation boxes are open and build is near completion. I have to just eat it but I will examine the return policy.

I can justify the mobo by doing some overclocking, albeit AMD is not the chipset really to do that with right now, but I can still do something with it. It's a big overspend for a Joe Dirt gamer, I agree-- but since boxes are open I have to make the best of it. The Tomahawk would have had more slots if I was going to do some mining with this shit. I can still do some halfass mining to try to live with the 1,300.

I'm feeling the sting and I'll do whatever I can to make it better. 7.1 sound running directly off the USB, etc. Anything to make this PSU worth, including frying the rig.
You’re old and have the money. Sometimes we over do it. Just use it and be happy with it. Let’s say you leaned everything down that was overkill and saved $400-600. Woop de do.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
They're unresponsive. I'd have to to do it in-store. 2.5h round trip to make it happen and no guarantee the build isn't in progress since they could never give me a firm ETA or estimate.

Was told it could go out to Saturday, but he said that isn't firm. If the box is cracked open, since it's already paid for, that'd probably be messy.
You ca text microcenter btw - they have a way to text or chat via the web and those people can contact the store so you can adjust your order - Also you likely had been better off buying the barebones kits from bitspower - they come with 3080 and 3080Ti - they also have an all white Gundam barebone. - theyre all cpu less but still way better value

Seems they stopped carrying these - ASUS Gundam IP Barebones System TUF Gaming Z590 with WiFi Gundam Edition Motherboard; ROG Strix Helios GX601 RGB Gundam - Micro Center

Last edited:

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You ca text microcenter btw - they have a way to text or chat via the web and those people can contact the store so you can adjust your order - Also you likely had been better off buying the barebones kits from bitspower - they come with 3080 and 3080Ti - they also have an all white Gundam barebone. - theyre all cpu less but still way better value

Seems they stopped carrying these - ASUS Gundam IP Barebones System TUF Gaming Z590 with WiFi Gundam Edition Motherboard; ROG Strix Helios GX601 RGB Gundam - Micro Center

Gonna agree with you because having them do the build didn't even add any expediency at all. First it was a one-day full delay due to being short-staffed. Then it's "boxes are open" Friday and its "being built".

Saturday it's "Being worked on the bench" and it's fucking midday. I pressed hard for a time and got told 8pm is a "should-be". They should have been able to give me a Saturday guarantee of some kind.

Should have just bought directly from Xexx with the shipping times and how slow having Microcenter do the build is.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I don't even use anything but my laptop nowadays and it's also weird bc my MC does same day builds so it's weird that yours is so slow. However my MC is in MI so it's only a few hours from HQ so they usually get decent stock.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I don't even use anything but my laptop nowadays and it's also weird bc my MC does same day builds so it's weird that yours is so slow. However my MC is in MI so it's only a few hours from HQ so they usually get decent stock.

They had all the parts, as I bought them all in-store and turned them over. So stock isn't an excuse.

It's just been hell. Last night they were "wrapping up". Saturday 3PM it's "we saw it on the bench" was the only update I could get. Something is clearly not going according to schedule. I don't know if it's people just fucking off, or what. There's just no way to explain the Friday night update.

Absolutely would not repeat with MC. I read the feedback here and gave them a shot, but it's on the blacklist for me and I'll look elsewhere for future endeavors.

Unfortunately my rig insurance is through MC. That's another ballstomper in light of the build time and false updating. I can't imagine doing a warranty with them.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
To not be able to guarantee Saturday night, with it being on the bench at 2:30 PM seen by an eyewitness.

How long should a build take? I feel this is way off. I've had callers check on it twice, but I didn't complain. Was just standard contact to check status although I did mention today they said wrapping up Friday and wanted some info on why the discrepancy.

If it crosses over Saturday into next week, I'd complain but that would just fuck the rig up-- given they already showed they don't care about expediency, there is no telling what else they don't care about.

Last edited:

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
If it's just a standard built with no water components 2 hours is plenty to slap it together and fully update OS, then toss in an hour of stressing for any abnormalities.