NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Just got confirmation no rig till Monday.

Said too much wiring left and won't get done in the next 3 hours.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The hangup is the fans. I agreed with them no Corsair fans inside the case.

AIO front mount, would be swapping all AIO fans unless I want to waste 2 fans (since we're going with 0 fans inside).

3 AIO fan swap, 3 fans on top. Since I didn't plan on swapping AIO fans (I never heard of it, so was caught off guard) we had to decide on that.

No real definitive decision happened. I don't know if they are going to swap the AIO fans or not. I was strongly leaning against it, and would rather just waste 2 magnetic bearing fans instead. It was tough to get advice on that offhand since it's a minor design detail. I said swap the AIO at first, then said it's fine if they don't if there is no performance benefit over the Kraken fans.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm talking about taking AIO fans out of the AIO itself and retrofitting new fans into the AIO.

That has to void Kraken's warranty I figure? Seems like tampering with hardware. Just seems odd they would even ask me about a custom decision like that rather than just have 2 unused magnetic fans.

I have a feeling they went with the "void Kraken's warranty" decision.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Should have had them use unifans or a Asiahorse VE Hub. The fact they can't build a system in 3 hours and saying wiring is the issue is pretty sad. Tbh I bet they never started and only updated the status to get you to leave them alone. Also they are open Sunday so Monday? You're Hella patient because I'd have had the managers ass by now.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Should have had them use unifans or a Asiahorse VE Hub. The fact they can't build a system in 3 hours and saying wiring is the issue is pretty sad. Tbh I bet they never started and only updated the status to get you to leave them alone. Also they are open Sunday so Monday? You're Hella patient because I'd have had the managers ass by now.

Especially in light of the rig being seen "on the bench" at 2:30pm today. And then the status at 6PM is "fan config question", the fan config question came with the news that "wiring wouldn't be finished by 9pm". Followed by the explanation that my builder doesn't come in on Sunday's, despite the store being open and getting told "Monday".

The Friday night update must have been complete bullshit.

Asking me about gutting the Kraken fans and stuffing it with Corsairs, as if I know anything about it.

It's been hell.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Xexx Xexx builds PC's for the community???
God no that sounds like a form of enslavement! I have listed a few in classifieds. I usually build 1 or 2 a month but atm I only have the main build but I also don't use it so it's up for grabs just expensive as all hell

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I got 500$ and need to upgrade my emachine, can you help a brother out.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Especially in light of the rig being seen "on the bench" at 2:30pm today. And then the status at 6PM is "fan config question", the fan config question came with the news that "wiring wouldn't be finished by 9pm". Followed by the explanation that my builder doesn't come in on Sunday's, despite the store being open and getting told "Monday".

Asking me about gutting the Kraken fans and stuffing it with Corsairs, as if I know anything about it.

It's been hell.
Just have them ditch Kraken and use a corsair AIO without stupid commander bullshit and unifans, still comes put quicker. Can they not come up with solutions to give you and instead waste 5 hours? Lol.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
God no that sounds like a form of enslavement! I have listed a few in classifieds. I usually build 1 or 2 a month but atm I only have the main build but I also don't use it so it's up for grabs just expensive as all hell

Ahhh gotcha!

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Just have them ditch Kraken and use a corsair AIO without stupid commander bullshit and unifans, still comes put quicker. Can they not come up with solutions to give you and instead waste 5 hours? Lol.

Surprise surprise. Conveniently they stopped communicating about it in the middle of discussion. I left that part out. They just ghosted it to go do their own thing.

I have 5-6 unanswered texts to the builder's cellphone.

They're probably working diligently to turn the Kraken into a frankenstein as we speak-- now forcing me to buy another AIO to fix the rig after I get it. That I'll be installing myself.

Fucking A. Can't wait to see what Universal Studios little monster they're making.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

It's been hell.

I would be a dick here and eat $250. Return the whole fuckin thing. And let them know why.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Kind of stunning how they don't have the ability to assemble a computer.
It's crazy because mine says if you order by noon it's done same day so not sure where they got the builders at his store. Sounds like they're circle-jerking.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I would be a dick here and eat $250. Return the whole fuckin thing. And let them know why.
This x100. I’ve eaten far more ££ for far less. I’d eat the 250 and snake the 2399 3080ti xexx posted and tell them to fuck off tbh

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
This x100. I’ve eaten far more ££ for far less. I’d eat the 250 and snake the 2399 3080ti xexx posted and tell them to fuck off tbh
Yeah I'd have called, asked to speak to manager on duty, voice complaints and told him to cancel my order and hung up.

• 1Solidarity