NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
5 days for a build though when microcenter guarantees 4h same day build times. I think that was missed.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
5 days for a build though when microcenter guarantees 4h same day build times. I think that was missed.
If you want out, now is the time to assemble a metaphorical Brass Karen Band and go down there playing 21 Asshole Trombones. Demand the machine right now or your money back. Also talk about how you were pressured to buy stuff you didn't want. Raise hell. Don't put up with this BS.

Mad As Hell Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Demanding a call from a manager tomorrow regarding this fan business.

You don't ghost customers and break warranty without a consensus.

They asked me about what I wanted done with the AIO then ghosted.

• 1Worf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I check my email just now I noticed I have a Service Repair ticket order timestamped 9:05pm five minutes after the store closed.

This is a build, so there is no reason to have an additional Service Repair ticket unless:

- they hacked the AIO up and now it needs additional servicing
- something has just gone terribly wrong
- they have no clue how to proceed

So not only did I get ghosted, but something has now gone wrong enough for them to warrant a Service Order pertaining to the build.

100% I am demanding phone time tomorrow to sort this out.

If they already hacked the Kraken up I'm telling them not enough discussion was had about that, and to refund the Kraken and replace the AIO with something else. I've gotta put my foot down.

A fucking Service Repair ticket? It just gets worse and worse-- it's elm street stuff and they're making a freddie krueger out of my PC.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Can't make this shit up. I check my email just now I noticed I have a Service Repair ticket order timestamped 9:05pm five minutes after the store closed.

This is a build, so there is no reason to have an additional Service Repair ticket unless:

- they hacked the AIO up and now it needs additional servicing
- something has just gone terribly wrong
- they have no clue how to proceed

So not only did I get ghosted, but something has now gone wrong enough for them to warrant a Service Order pertaining to the build.

100% I am demanding phone time tomorrow to sort this out.

If they already hacked the Kraken up I'm telling them not enough discussion was had about that, and to refund the Kraken and replace the AIO with something else. I've gotta put my foot down.

A fucking Service Repair ticket? It just gets worse and worse.

Just get your money back man.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
In case anyone was confused about why there hasn't been any phone time yet, it's because Micro Center does it by request. In fact last I checked they don't publish numbers. You can't just call up, but you can request a call.

Otherwise I would have just called in about any of this.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Three choices:
1)If you feel like you spent too much, indeed, just take this opportunity to get your money back. You haven't taken possession of it yet and they are already doing warranty work, FFS.
2) Don't accept anything that isn't new. Have a sit-down the store manager, which will probably lead back to 1).
3) Buy another non-MS already assembled prebuilt.

Sorry this hasn't gone your way, man. Best of luck coming out of this with A) a new PC; B) feeling good about the whole deal.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I guess the biggest blood-boiler is in the 5k range there are a lot of options.

Prebuilt becomes a serious option. Once you get over 4k you are in 3090 territory on prebuilts, whether its Xexx or a prebuilt off Microcenter or Ibuypower or cyberpc. 4.1k-5k range gets you a 3090.

So not only am I paying top dollar for arguably substandard build, but I am also paying top dollar to get treated like shit.

That's got me simmering right now-- and I just have to maintain that energy until tomorrow and uncork it on them. I'm focused.

• 1Solidarity

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
5950x Rebuild w/ EKWB
It's an overkill build no doubt but I can ship or faster than MC can build it 🤣🤣. I use it for TFT and wow when I do. I'd admittedly have to tweak it some to bring down cost but it was a fun year. I'd sell it to anyone since I do have another system and I won't ever do another overkill build on water since ekwb just racks up the bill.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I'm afraid I'll just pick up the phone and scream into it.
Hey that's what you're supposed to do. MC is run by idiots at times. A friend of mine gave the nerds some sappy fake tears and they gave her a 3090 evga for 3080 evga price in November last year just bc she's hot and said it was a birthday gift that they were being slow on building.