NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Before you install windows you make sure to get rid of the partitions on there that have that BS stored. Which is also possible. Look it up they have youtube videos on how to get rid of partitions while installing new windows. OR you just get a brand new NVmE drive. 1 tb versions are like $100-$120 or some shit these days.
Yeah guess I didn't look it up much before starting and then I couldn't be bothered, it's not that bad, I thought I couldn't prevent windows updates in Home but apparently I can and that's really the only thing I cared about. The case is also kinda weird, the USB ports on the top are really shitty to use and stuff like that, so it's really not perfect, but it works fine and was cheaper than the components when I bought it anyway due to all the stupid shit. By the time I upgrade I hope the situation will be at least a bit better.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thats pretty much what I would do if I ever got the point that I needed to buy a prebuilt. Buy the cheapest option they have for storage and then put in a NVMe worth a fk and probably spend less on a Samsung 980 and their cheapest option over them putting in a comparable option to the 980.

Im allergic to laptops so I have like zero experience with those, but I would imagine it isnt that different.
These days all the turbo nerds already know all the parts that are used inside and whether they are good or not. In this specific case, the NVME is an OEM Samsung drive so not bad at all, and no need to replace it. From Windows setup after you boot from a USB just delete all the partitions and install Windows on the fresh partition and you would be good.

Laptops have come a long way but I agree I'd much rather never game on them and I wouldn't if I didn't travel every week for work.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Digititimes is reporting that AMD and Nvidia have both paid a healthy premium to reserve large orders of 5nm and 7nm. I'm hoping this means that supply won't be a concern but expect prices to go up 10-20% minimum.

Last edited:

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Digititimes is reporting that AMD and Nvidia have both paid a healthy premium to reservelarge orders of 5nm and 7nm. I'm hoping this means that supply won't be a concern but expect prices to go up 10-20% minimum.
One can only hope that its only 10-20% increase. I know companies can price themselves out of a market, but if scalpers have proved anything - its that they can dunk on the consumer. I've seen reports of AMD/Nvidia having closed room talks in the past. I think we're going to be in for a rough ride with the 40x0 series.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
2022 the year I spend fucking $3000 on a video card huh?

More than my entire 2019 PC build.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It's more of a want than a need. I want to play 4k games is that too much to fucking ask?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It's more of a want than a need. I want to play 4k games is that too much to fucking ask?
9FF3B925-FDDF-4667-AAD5-83E46E7E3AAC.jpeg

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Well I just impulse purchased CORSAIR 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR5 SDRAM DDR5 5600 because it was up on Newegg.

Guess I gotta pick a motherboard...

• 1Solidarity

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
As DDR5 becomes more widely used/available, I'm probably going to drop 64GB of DDR4 memory into my system just because. I'd do it now, but I'm just waiting on prices to fall.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
As DDR5 becomes more widely used/available, I'm probably going to drop 64GB of DDR4 memory into my system just because. I'd do it now, but I'm just waiting on prices to fall.
Im still trying to find a reason to go over 32 and even then I think thats over kill. I generally just use basic office type applications for work and games, and have never seen any of it take up more than 10-12 if Im being honest.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Im still trying to find a reason to go over 32 and even then I think thats over kill. I generally just use basic office type applications for work and games, and have never seen any of it take up more than 10-12 if Im being honest.
I've been around 15-16 a few times, but I'm also a 27 tabs kind of guy. I also used to have a Razer mouse, Corsair headset, and SteelSeries keyboard. So, all that software was chewing shit up too.

Like I said, it's mostly a "just because" reason for doing it. My big regret is going with 4x8gb instead of 2x16 though. Now I have to buy 4x16 instead of just 2.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well I just impulse purchased CORSAIR 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR5 SDRAM DDR5 5600 because it was up on Newegg.

Guess I gotta pick a motherboard...
I got a mobo to sell you! FoH Discount could be negotiated.

It's still brand new in the box and I'd sell it below retail + shipping. Just trying to be a mini Xexx Xexx here. Got it as part of the bundle and still have the DDR5 memory as well, but whatever.

• 2Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Here is a benchmark from my prebuilt box, nearing 4.5 years of age

It cost € 2399 at the time

1642621040877.png

I'm going to skip this gen until they come up with stuff that has somewhat of a performance vs price proposition. Not like game devs will be making their games specifically for the 5% of society that has a 3XXX series anyway. Those times are over.

ps. If anyone can give me tips about how to upgrade the RAM so it isn't as bad in the benchmark, I'd appreciate that a lot.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I doubt DDR4 prices will go much lower.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So I got a GIGABYTE Z690 AORUS Ultra for 329.99, which is 40 dollars off the list price.

I got a Intel Core i7-12700K for $382 which is pretty nice.

Wondering if I should just put this in my Cooler Master H500, a perfectly fine case, or just buy a Fractal Torrent...