NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Because the price drops be a coming!
Even EVGA 3080ti was/is $1429 for the FTW Ultra, which sure, is their top card. Gigabyte was on the level of ASUS where they marked their shit up to stupid levels when the tariffs hit.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Not all, but certainly a lot. I was going to link this earlier but these cards really need to see the price cut soon.
Yep, they’ve finally reached the saturation point that scalpers are willing to pay, but that’s not the price most consumers are willing to shell out for.

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Conspiracy Theory: There never was a shortage, they were just constricting the supply to quickly raise prices and shipped just enough to keep them artificially high. Now that Intel is only months away from launching their GPUs, the shortage "mysteriously" vanishes and prices are going to be competitive again.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
c'mon this is FOH that sounds too much of a normie conspiracy. here is the FOH version

so Hunter Biden was laundering columbian cartel narco money through Ukraine and the Clinton foundation, and the way they were laundering money was using bitcoin mined by chinese GPUs owned by the communist party. The commies own Biden and Kamala Harris so when Putin finally decided to free all the child sex slaves the clinton foundation was hiding on Epstein Island (which is actually located in Ukraine in the black sea), suddenly millions of GPUs were available when Ukraine had to evacuate the bitcoin mining farms out of Epstein Island, which is powered by pedos fucking kids while eating pizza which creates hash power like in The Matrix.

Now millions of extra GPUs are available to normies but if you order a mushroom pizza with pineapple and pesto you can still get a trip to Epstein Island, which is now located in the Bering Straight as Xi, Putin, and Biden are secretly working together to kill everyone who took a covid vaccine in the past 2 years. Just 2 more weeks and it'll all happen.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 4 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Conspiracy Theory: There never was a shortage, they were just constricting the supply to quickly raise prices and shipped just enough to keep them artificially high. Now that Intel is only months away from launching their GPUs, the shortage "mysteriously" vanishes and prices are going to be competitive again.
Except we know there was a shortage because it affected every single industry that uses GPUs and also all 3 major consoles. And we also know that a major contributor to the raised MSRP prices were the tariffs. We also know that the first party producers, AMD and Nvidia themselves, did not raise MSRP prices on first party products (though adding the 12gb 3080 SKU was pretty fucking sleezy.) These are all facts.

In order for your conspiracy to be true, the entire global chip shortage would have had to be invented just so MSI/ASUS/Gigabyte/EVGA could make slightly more money.

This conspiracy makes as much sense as the entire world inventing a pandemic, and hiding all the cheap homeopathic remedies for it, just to make Trump look bad, so therefore it's a perfect fit for this forum.

Though it is clear that these companies are going to keep pocketing the tariff moratorium $$$ for as long as they can, as demand is likely to hold out at these prices for at least 3-4 more months.

Kiki

Log Wizard
c'mon this is FOH that sounds too much of a normie conspiracy. here is the FOH version

That's the 4chan version. FOH version is that you find out Hillary is actually a dude and that Coheed and Cambria knew and made a song about it.

Break

Except we know there was a shortage because it affected every single industry that uses GPUs and also all 3 major consoles. And we also know that a major contributor to the raised MSRP prices were the tariffs. We also know that the first party producers, AMD and Nvidia themselves, did not raise MSRP prices on first party products (though adding the 12gb 3080 SKU was pretty fucking sleezy.) These are all facts.

In order for your conspiracy to be true, the entire global chip shortage would have had to be invented just so MSI/ASUS/Gigabyte/EVGA could make slightly more money.

This conspiracy makes as much sense as the entire world inventing a pandemic, and hiding all the cheap homeopathic remedies for it, just to make Trump look bad, so therefore it's a perfect fit for this forum.

Though it is clear that these companies are going to keep pocketing the tariff moratorium $$$ for as long as they can, as demand is likely to hold out at these prices for at least 3-4 more months.
I was mostly kidding but I think we have to assume as a given that Nvidia knew exactly how powerful their 3000 series was for mining Ethereum at launch, and therefore the demand was going to be off the charts even if gamers didn't want them.

If there is a real conspiracy I think it's that they essentially used miners to fix prices for consumers, which also benefited AMD who basically followed what Nvidia was doing, because why wouldn't you. This would have all happened with or without the pandemic I think, the 2000's had the same problem with demand early on on a smaller scale and so did the 1000's, I know because I scalped a few 1080TI's because I could. Miners were getting rich and had more capital than ever, for a card that was more profitable than ever. They knew miners would basically bid up the price so they could charge nearly whatever they wanted at the start.

The 3080 and 3090 Dies are virtually identical too, if I'm Nvidia I'm building as few 3080's as I can and as many 3090's as I possibly can because miners will buy them all anyway, and a lot of consumers who would never have spent $1500 when a $700 card with 90% of the same performance ended up with 3090s because that's all they could find.

Edit: Oh and the reason for my conspiracy theory was that I thought it was funny that Intel is going to launch their GPUs into a market that JUST got done being red hot. Kudos to Nvidia and AMD if they somehow engineered that.

Last edited:

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I was mostly kidding but I think we have to assume as a given that Nvidia knew exactly how powerful their 3000 series was for mining Ethereum at launch, and therefore the demand was going to be off the charts even if gamers didn't want them.

If there is a real conspiracy I think it's that they essentially used miners to fix prices for consumers, which also benefited AMD who basically followed what Nvidia was doing, because why wouldn't you. This would have all happened with or without the pandemic I think, the 2000's had the same problem with demand early on on a smaller scale and so did the 1000's, I know because I scalped a few 1080TI's because I could. Miners were getting rich and had more capital than ever, for a card that was more profitable than ever. They knew miners would basically bid up the price so they could charge nearly whatever they wanted at the start.

The 3080 and 3090 Dies are virtually identical too, if I'm Nvidia I'm building as few 3080's as I can and as many 3090's as I possibly can because miners will buy them all anyway, and a lot of consumers who would never have spent $1500 when a $700 card with 90% of the same performance ended up with 3090s because that's all they could find.

Edit: Oh and the reason for my conspiracy theory was that I thought it was funny that Intel is going to launch their GPUs into a market that JUST got done being red hot. Kudos to Nvidia and AMD if they somehow engineered that.
The real thing is that there was no shortage. Far more 3000 series GPUs were produced and sold than 2000 series GPUs were, and way more 6000 series GPUs were produced and sold than 4000 or 5000 series despite the fact that so much fab capacity was also being taken up by consoles.

Demand was just extraordinarily high. Mining, free money from the government, little else to spend luxury dollars on for a >18 month period, more and more other goods that need GPUs as input materials.

A much better conspiracy would just be: Tech companies invented COVID to sell more shit.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
ROFLMAO. Imagine believing that the INTEL GPUs are what caused AMD and nVidia to go, "OMG!! SHIT! FUCK!! GUYS, RELEASE ALL THE GPUS!!!".

What a braindead take.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Break

ROFLMAO. Imagine believing that the INTEL GPUs are what caused AMD and nVidia to go, "OMG!! SHIT! FUCK!! GUYS, RELEASE ALL THE GPUS!!!".

What a braindead take.
First off I didn't say I believed it, I only posted a conspiracy theory, don't you know how conspiracy theories work? Also if you're Nvidia supplying miners and Gamers with GPUs and you have a competitor coming to taking some of your gamer GPU pie, wouldn't you at least try if you could try to close the insane profitability from the gamer market a bit to try to lower profits for Intel if you think you can hurt them more than you hurt yourself?

IDK, I'm just asking questions! cartman.gif.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
First off I didn't say I believed it, I only posted a conspiracy theory, don't you know how conspiracy theories work? Also if you're Nvidia supplying miners and Gamers with GPUs and you have a competitor coming to taking some of your gamer GPU pie, wouldn't you at least try if you could try to close the insane profitability from the gamer market a bit to try to lower profits for Intel if you think you can hurt them more than you hurt yourself?

IDK, I'm just asking questions! cartman.gif.
Gamer GPU pie? LOL, Intel is going to sell about 40 units of their GPU. I'd be shocked if they ever reach 3% market share.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

What a braindead take.
I actually think the Intel GPU is going to put a lot of pressure on the midrange cards like the 6600 and 6700 series.

The Intel card also supposedly works with the onchip GPU to do some interesting things regarding distributed processing and efficiency.

It'll be 2+ years before Intel has something that can even begin to compete with the flagship cards, but I think it'll bring midrange card prices down a lot.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Depending on pricing and driver stability i could see them being the entry level market. Generally when GPU generations release the entry level cards lag behind, so if Intel produces good entry level cards i dont see why they cant fill that void until they are ready for the high end scene.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The intel GPUs are going to be bought by uninformed parents and young gamers that don’t know any better. They’ll be in cheap prebuilt Best Buy PCs.

Break

I won't poo poo Intel GPUs quite yet, nobody expects them to beat AMD or Nvidia's high end I think but I think they'll be very competitive at the midrange and besides I want as many people as possible to buy them so there are more green and reds for me! They've also been building GPUs for decades and the alchemist arch is similar to their onboard stuff so drivers should be fairly solid at launch.