NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Tested it with doom 2 since I had the wad in my gzdoomninstall and it seemed to work. Imagine there will be issues due to new textures with no rtx data.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't know why i check this thread, just makes me sad i bought like a month before cork popped. Basically spent an extra 150-200 roughly.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
I don't know why i check this thread, just makes me sad i bought like a month before cork popped. Basically spent an extra 150-200 roughly.

I purchased a 3080 ti vision for 1600 + tax almost 40 days ago. Newegg has it listed right now “on sale” for 1300 + tax. One thing I learned with pc parts is a better price and new tech/upgraded parts are always around the corner but if you try to wait for the best possible price and time, chances are you’ll be waiting forever and never get your build done.

Stay sane by getting in the mindset that if you need it then the purchase at the time was worth it.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Linus just said on WAN show that they have over 60k people signed up for the Screwdriver, and 30k for the backpack. Mind you the Screwdriver is $70 and the backpack is $250. Though from all the times they've showed both off they do look fantastic

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Yeah that screwdriver looks nuts. I've got the Ifixit stuff and I've been able to fix a few tablets for people with it, haven't tried a phone yet. I also made some cool fidget spinners for my nephew using parts from old platter hard drives.

I am definitely interested in the screwdriver because for all practical purposes it would replace the giant Dewalt kit on my office bookshelf.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I'll buy the Screwdriver. If I was someone who was trucking around a bunch of tech stuff all the time I'd consider the backpack, but that's a lot of money for backpack.

Edit: I will say though, having bough a bunch of t-shirts and a hoodie they really do nail quality

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
We got the ABC story book for bed time story and an LTT mousepad. Screwdriver looks cool, will probably order it tonight.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
That backpack doesn't look much better than the one my employer sent me that I never use.

• 1Truth!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
What the fuck makes that screwdriver worth $70? The only “nuts” about it is that price. It’s a fucking ratcheting screwdriver, I’ve had a kobalt one for like 15 years that was like $20. I guess computer nerds have never seen one before? That price and the amount of orders is blowing my mind. It isn’t going to be as revolutionary as you think.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Years of development and hundreds of thousands in development cost to develop a fucking screwdriver lol

Save yourself $50 bros and buy this instead. Unless you really need an accessory for your Mac mini and French bulldog.

E6671A07-AE87-4B3D-A29A-F7E9C8FC85E2.jpeg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The comments are making me physically ill. “My spine shivered.” Hard color choices. Consoom.

2D7E9535-E527-4508-A18B-DF7A343721A7.jpeg

• 1Worf

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Years of development and hundreds of thousands in development cost to develop a fucking screwdriver lol

Save yourself $50 bros and buy this instead. Unless you really need an accessory for your Mac mini and French bulldog.

View attachment 407225
Not that any of my justifications will matter to you, but I've had a lot of shitty drivers. Looking at the one you have there, 2 things stand out right away. Not having a longer shaft so you end up needing an extension, and it's probably not magnetic so getting screws out of fucked up spots in cases is a pain in the dick.

And I mean at the end of the day it's a screwdriver, it probably lasts forever. So if it solves a few minor complaints, it's worth the money.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Not that any of my justifications will matter to you, but I've had a lot of shitty drivers. Looking at the one you have there, 2 things stand out right away. Not having a longer shaft so you end up needing an extension, and it's probably not magnetic so getting screws out of fucked up spots in cases is a pain in the dick.

And I mean at the end of the day it's a screwdriver, it probably lasts forever. So if it solves a few minor complaints, it's worth the money.
You don’t need to justify it to me, I buy plenty of stupid things. I was just drinking last night and the comments in that video acting like a ratcheting screwdriver was going to change their life pissed me off. They need to just be real about wtf it is they’re buying, something that’s been around for decades.

If you want to save money there are ratcheting magnetic versions with long handles too. I’ve had this one for like 10+ years, have built three PCs with it.

9022687C-2598-4D88-A9E4-A07846819010.jpeg

• 1Like