NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you're already spending 900 bucks on a card, I dont think 1100 is going to really be something you gotta think about it. It was spending 2k on a video card that got my attention, 1100 wouldnt. I see your point though that the difference is not that noticeable.

The thing about the 3090 TI that makes me feel weird is that it seems to have the tools to do everything you could possible throw at it, but the tech still isnt powerful enough to have a game maxxed out and still get a comfortable (to me, anyways) frame rate. A game can look stunningly gorgeous at 35 FPS, but in the end, Im just going to tweak the levers until Im back up to around 120 FPS. Usually its shit like Ray Tracing and if I turn that off, the performance shoots up so much that I might as well have a 3080 TI.

I think the 4090ti is probably going to run all those same features at probably double the FPS and... although not ideal, would be worth it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
Amazon: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti FTW3 Ultra
$1100 EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti FTW3 Ultra + free Spiderman Remastered code at checkout

That's the ceiling, squeeze down further so each tier keeps dropping.
just a few hours after your post, they were out of stock.
later that day, they relisted for $1700
looks like they're still finding that "ceiling" as people are willing to pay more

*edit* interesting, the embedded link still shows the $1100 price. sneaky!

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Amazon directly sells for that price, when they run out of stock it reverts to seller storefronts and 3rd party listings. That $1700 is Joe's Tech Shop

• 1Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
just a few hours after your post, they were out of stock.
later that day, they relisted for $1700
looks like they're still finding that "ceiling" as people are willing to pay more

*edit* interesting, the embedded link still shows the $1100 price. sneaky!
It's not a relist, it's going to a third party seller because the first-party/prime options are all sold out.

DO YOU EVEN AMAZON BRO

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
still shows @ EVGA store, not 3rd party
1663176665178.png

ooh Shipped from: M-X-C Tech, sneaky!

• 1Worf

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Always check below the Buy Now button to see who it's coming from.

The EVGA store link under the product description is useless generally. It's not where the product might actually be fulfilled from.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
ethereum proof of stake move has been completed. GPUs are no longer being used for crypto mining (bitcoin has been asics for years now, but eth was still GPUs)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
ethereum proof of stake move has been completed. GPUs are no longer being used for crypto mining (bitcoin has been asics for years now, but eth was still GPUs)

So now there will be a CPU shortage!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So now there will be a CPU shortage!
No, it's not that it switches to CPU mining.

It changes the entire fundamentals. Mining isn't based on compute power at all, it's basically just based on ownership and participation.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
No, it's not that it switches to CPU mining.

It changes the entire fundamentals. Mining isn't based on compute power at all, it's basically just based on ownership and participation.

Not sure what you mean?

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Think of etherium now as investing in a company. You now put money into it to show its potential. At least that's how I'm reading into it.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Not sure what you mean?

My understanding is that you make your money by processing transactions, which you get a percentage of. Who is chosen to process a transaction is no longer a competition based on compute power, but on how much of a stake you have in Ethereum. Essentially a lottery is held for each transaction and your odds of winning are increased by having increased stake.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
That sounds like gambling with extra steps. It's good though, hopefully no new coin replaces Eth/Bitcoin as the big mining coin and the whole thing dies out. Although Nvidia is sure to try to gouge people for the next few years with horribly overpriced cards now that they saw people were willing to put that much money into them before.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
That sounds like gambling with extra steps. It's good though, hopefully no new coin replaces Eth/Bitcoin as the big mining coin and the whole thing dies out. Although Nvidia is sure to try to gouge people for the next few years with horribly overpriced cards now that they saw people were willing to put that much money into them before.
It's actually just banking with extra steps. Literally.

People who hold more ethereum will get more transaction fees back because they hold larger deposits.