NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Same here but tough shit. I use my computer daily. I also don’t bring up the thousands of annual dollars she spends on Starbucks, makeup, and overpriced workout clothes. I’d rather that go to 401, IRA, and 529 but it doesn’t happen. I’m all for saving but I’m also about having a good time while I can, I may not live to retirement!
Sounds like this isn't much of a partnership

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
It's cute, my wife thinks she spends as much on yarn as I do on my computer and gaming habit.

Then again, I could be the naive one, we've got a lot of fucking yarn.

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Items Yet to Ship
ZOTG06T
ZT-A30800D-10P. Zotac Geforce RTX 3080 Trinity @ 725.95 each
- 1 item awaiting confirmation by regional warehouse.

Your order has been placed with one of our suppliers who will ship it directly to you.

Note: Your order has been forwarded to a regional warehouse for processing. We will issue an invoice once we have confirmation.

Subtotal:725.95
Sales Tax:62.61
Shipping:23.70
Order Total:$812.26

Never heard of Provantage, but I'm rolling the dice boyz

Sigh i refuse - i will just F5 it and send the woman to bestbuy in the morning to wait in line like any other loving boyfriend would do.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
I mean, it's a sub 900 sqft house, I'm not investing 13k in an AC system. There's not really any other option for rooms.

You can install an in wall ac unit for like less than $2000 including materials and paying for labor...

how do I know because I had that done to the room i'm sitting in right now

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You can install an in wall ac unit
I have a window AC unit for the summer.

It's the winter and early spring that are the real problems. Window or typical in-wall AC doesn't work once the outside temperature drops below a certain amount.

I'd have to buy hyperheat splits if I wanted the AC to operate once it gets cold outside, and that's 11-14k.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
I have a window AC unit for the summer.

It's the winter and early spring that are the real problems. Window or typical in-wall AC doesn't work once the outside temperature drops below a certain amount.

I'd have to buy hyperheat splits if I wanted the AC to operate once it gets cold outside, and that's 11-14k.

you just literally just hit the fan button instead of the AC button when it's too cold out...

you don't have to run the condenser

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I mean, it's a sub 900 sqft house, I'm not investing 13k in an AC system. There's not really any other option for rooms.

Yes, getting a different house is a big priority but I've got to pay the USDA back all the subsidy that was applied to this loan from when my parents bought it if I ever want to sell it.

Best option is renting this house to college kids and buying a new house.

Why not just you know...have a contractor cut a damn whole in the wall and put in an AC? Come on Mist Mist this ain't rocket science.

Here...I will even give you a couple pictures.

eca5258d1006520fa3d8569a313bee6d.jpg

fcwnac26a_air_cond_hole.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
The last 2 pages might be the most WTF thing I have read on this forum.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I just wanna be able to pipe the heat from my PC directly through the wall. :)

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Again, those do not work in the winter and spring.

Of course they do. I'm in New England, and mine never leaves the window. I turn it on you know 70+ just for the airflow in the winter.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

KDow

Blackwing Lair Raider
Does anyone have any experience with wall mounted PC's? I'm looking at building new setup around a 3080 or 3090 but with the components I would be buying it absolutely can't go on the floor. I also have a desk that lifts up so I can stand while working and there isn't much real estate to accommodate a tower anyway.

I'm not looking for an art installation either. Wondering if the setup is similar to mounting a TV and if there are any downsides / things I might not be aware of.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I just wanna be able to pipe the heat from my PC directly through the wall. :)

How about you have an HVAC professional come and fix all your stuff for good? You make $140k a year, this is a tiny expense in the scheme of things. Further, you must be losing your ass heating that place in the winter if it is getting 80F inside. Seriously, WTF is going through your head. Have the HVAC people go through everything and fix what is need to be fixed.

You won't be able to rent without it, at least not for very much. If you do sell it, you'll have to fix all that crap before anyone will buy it. Might as well do all this now and enjoy it, because you will have to do it at some point.

I can't believe you've been sweating your ass off in that room all these years.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users