NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If you're really making $140k+ a year I don't see how you couldn't afford mini splits. They're the best home upgrade I've ever made.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Opening window doesnt work
Leaving bedroom door open doesnt work
Running fan too noisy
Running ac/furnace fan doesnt work

All with ambient temps of low 30s or less btw.

Her furnace is probably bouncing off the walls heating the place.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
GF agreed to stand in line at BB for me thursday since i couldnt get off from work - Still going to try to order one up at 8:59am!

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
GF agreed to stand in line at BB for me thursday since i couldnt get off from work - Still going to try to order one up at 8:59am!
Did you mention she's going to need to get there at 5:00am?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I'm back to being tempted to buy a 3090, fuck

I really just need reviews to come out

I really want the 3090 as well, even though I know it's overkill, and not needed to run any current game. I just feel that if I buy the 3080, I'm going to resent my purchase and wish I had spent the extra cash on the better card.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
isn the 3090 the workstation card, like the titan was/is?
My very cynical take on it: They don't do a Titan this time, because that would hurt the Titan brand name in the long run. Once people realise the huge heatsinks on the 3080/3090 look impressive, but are mostly there to cool over 350W of power usage and keep the card mostly silent at the same time for favorable reviews. The Samsung 8nm node doesn't seem to look so good in power/performance metrics.

Asus did this funny thing on the three (!) power connectors: they have LEDs that lit up if your PSU isn't giving the card enough power.

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm counting on people buying cards depending on their looks so I will aim for the ugliest ones as i dont have a stupid glas panel on my case. If I don't get lucky with a 3080 I might try for a 3090 the 24th and after that just wait for whichever arrives first and cancel (or resell) the other orders.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I don't want to keep this house.

All the more reason to do it. Actually investing in the house is an up front cost that pays you back when you sell it. You have money rotting in the bank, investing it in the house that you already know you want to sell pays you back plus more when you sell it. Upgrades like kitchen, AC, bathrooms, and others end up getting you more money on the sale than what you out into it. My last house we spent maybe $7k in upgrades while we were there, paid ~10k of the principal and we walked away with an extra $55k when we sold it. We got to enjoy the upgrades while we lived there too.

Invest in your house, especially because you know you want to sell it. You will widen the amount of people willing to look at it depending on the upgrades you do. It’s not money down the toilet like you’re acting like it is.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Upgrades like kitchen, AC, bathrooms, and others end up getting you more money on the sale than what you out into it.
Maybe if this was a real house, that would make sense. It's a 900 sqft modular ranch with only 1 selling point: it's on a nice 2+ acre rural plot only a couple miles from the beach. It's half a step up from a double-wide. Anyone who bought this property would be better off knocking the house down and building a real house here.

I could build a real house and a garage as an "addition" to this house, but dealing with the town is a fucking shitshow and also I would need to totally redo the septic and leach field and that's a lot of fucking work.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Maybe if this was a real house, that would make sense. It's a 900 sqft modular ranch with only 1 selling point: it's on a nice 2+ acre rural plot only a couple miles from the beach. It's half a step up from a double-wide. Anyone who bought this property would be better off knocking the house down and building a real house here.

I could build a real house and a garage as an "addition" to this house, but dealing with the town is a fucking shitshow and also I would need to totally redo the septic and leach field and that's a lot of fucking work.

tenor (1).gif

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users