NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

Long but worth a watch. Maybe AMD knows this to be true and feels no pressure to release Big Navi due to the cluster fuck launch we’re gonna see with Ampere, the possibly ridiculous thermals and card returns, etc. Interesting month ahead. AIB reviews launching day of launch while FE reviews the day before is marketing genius by Nvidia as the FEs seem much better and more expensive than any of these aibs. Also makes those massive ugly af gigabyte cards more appealing as well as these things look like nightmares to cool and keep quiet

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Maybe if this was a real house, that would make sense. It's a 900 sqft modular ranch with only 1 selling point: it's on a nice 2+ acre rural plot only a couple miles from the beach. It's half a step up from a double-wide. Anyone who bought this property would be better off knocking the house down and building a real house here.

I could build a real house and a garage as an "addition" to this house, but dealing with the town is a fucking shitshow and also I would need to totally redo the septic and leach field and that's a lot of fucking work.

If I were you, the first thing I'd do is stop paying the person who shows up at your house every morning and pisses in your Cheerios. That should free up some money to make some home renovations.

• 2Worf

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
If I were you, the first thing I'd do is stop paying the person who shows up at your house every morning and pisses in your Cheerios. That should free up some money to make some home renovations.

I will do this for free. See Mist Mist we are a bunch of problem solvers.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Does anyone have any experience with wall mounted PC's? I'm looking at building new setup around a 3080 or 3090 but with the components I would be buying it absolutely can't go on the floor. I also have a desk that lifts up so I can stand while working and there isn't much real estate to accommodate a tower anyway.

I'm not looking for an art installation either. Wondering if the setup is similar to mounting a TV and if there are any downsides / things I might not be aware of.

Thermaltake P5

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Long but worth a watch. Maybe AMD knows this to be true and feels no pressure to release Big Navi due to the cluster fuck launch we’re gonna see with Ampere, the possibly ridiculous thermals and card returns, etc. Interesting month ahead. AIB reviews launching day of launch while FE reviews the day before is marketing genius by Nvidia as the FEs seem much better and more expensive than any of these aibs. Also makes those massive ugly af gigabyte cards more appealing as well as these things look like nightmares to cool and keep quiet

AMD's decision to take their time makes more sense if this is true.

• 2Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
This. I have the case. Would be easy as pie to mount once assembled.

It even comes with a wallmount bracket that is beefy as fuck. I'm going SFF so I'll be selling mine soon I think, just waiting on the damn case to get here.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I also don’t bring up the thousands of annual dollars she spends on Starbucks, makeup, and overpriced workout clothes.

When I learned how much fake eyelashes were, I immediately stopped worrying about "reporting my expenses."

Although we are making a push to buy a bigger house, and she has actually cut down a ton. Poor timing lol, but I've laid the "My PC is 8 years old" statement down for months. Little does she know it's gonna be a $2-3k upgrade with a new monitor.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Just don't mention the monitor, it's not in the case so it doesn't count as part of the computer right?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My monitor was too old so it wasn't compatible... Well... It was technically but no way in hell I was using it at 60hz.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Maybe if this was a real house, that would make sense. It's a 900 sqft modular ranch with only 1 selling point: it's on a nice 2+ acre rural plot only a couple miles from the beach. It's half a step up from a double-wide. Anyone who bought this property would be better off knocking the house down and building a real house here.

I could build a real house and a garage as an "addition" to this house, but dealing with the town is a fucking shitshow and also I would need to totally redo the septic and leach field and that's a lot of fucking work.

If you really like those 2 acres of land, you might find it extremely difficult to find a better plot of land. I've been looking (casually) for over a year for a decent plot for an acreage not too far out of town without any luck. Even if it costs you an extra $50k to knock down the house, clear it all and fix the septic system it might be more than a good idea.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If you really like those 2 acres of land, you might find it extremely difficult to find a better plot of land. I've been looking (casually) for over a year for a decent plot for an acreage not too far out of town without any luck. Even if it costs you an extra $50k to knock down the house, clear it all and fix the septic system it might be more than a good idea.
If I went this route I wouldn't knock the house down, just build an adjoining two-story with a garage and try to rent out the existing portion of the house.

It's still a lot to invest in a property where the USDA is still the first lien-holder despite the mortgage being paid off. That's really the axe over my head that's keeping this whole situation from being resolved.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
If I went this route I wouldn't knock the house down, just build an adjoining two-story with a garage and try to rent out the existing portion of the house.

It's still a lot to invest in a property where the USDA is still the first lien-holder despite the mortgage being paid off. That's really the axe over my head that's keeping this whole situation from being resolved.
How would the USDA still have a lien if the mortgage is paid off?

edit: Nevermind just read up on it.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Because they're entitled to subsidy recapture on whatever "profit" is made from the house even though I'm not actually selling it.

It's fucking dumb.
Yeah I just read up on it. Doesn't sound bad really, at the very worst the recapture caps at the original subsidy amount. So at the very worst, you got an interest free loan from the government for x years.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Curious how long till Nvidia enters the CPU market from the ARM acquisition. Seems like the logical step for them to do if the purchase happens

• 1Mother of God