NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I had to install an AC in my office and my GPU runs so hot. Never buying an MSI card ever again
That heat has to go somewhere regardless of what cooling solution is on the card. Not sure how the board partner matters.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Peasant.

You want a laugh though, imagine using a 2070 super with a ~10 year old 1080 monitor.
It was the only card I could find in stock anywhere at all. If best buys return policy wasn't gay I'd send it back. Considering selling it and buying something else

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It was the only card I could find in stock anywhere at all. If best buys return policy wasn't gay I'd send it back. Considering selling it and buying something else
I can't even take mine for a test spin until Wednesday when my new case shows up, but I doubt it will run hot at all with this monitor. I still intend to act as though that third GPU fan is super important though.

Dynalisia

Lord Nagafen Raider
A 144hz would almost be worth it just for the smooth as fuck animations in windows in my opinion.

• 3Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
I bet you only have two fans.

Mine only has two fans. :(

But, it is a 2.75 slot card. The cooler is massive. 65C max temp and quiet as an asthmatic mouse. The only downside was needing en engine hoist to install it.

P1010634-2060x1409.jpg

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Water cooling my video card was the best decision. It runs so much cooler, and it's actually quiet. I've had so many video cards over the years that are just loud as fuck from fans/coil whine.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I tried that but the damn thing never worked again after I took it out of the bucket

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
A while ago, I got an EVGA RTX 2070 XC Ultra direct from EVGA. B-stock, but 1 year warranty and as new. No dust or fingerprints or anything. The EVGA supers were always sold out, and I got tired of waiting. $380. Sold the 1070, total cost of upgrade was $150 including tax. It's a good interim card while I wait for the 3070's to arrive. It plays at 1440 nicely. Metro Exodus with all the goodies turned on = excellent. 87.5 FPS in Shadow of The Tomb Raider 1440 bench with RTX and DLSS on, everything else maxxed.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
speaking of monitors, what is the "go to" monitor now? I know there's those giant 35" super wide ones. LG has one that's 5k resolution. Pretty nice, but pretty expensive. It's only 60hz though.

Everyone is saying that high refresh rate is an end game, so what type of monitor are they using?

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
speaking of monitors, what is the "go to" monitor now? I know there's those giant 35" super wide ones. LG has one that's 5k resolution. Pretty nice, but pretty expensive. It's only 60hz though.

Everyone is saying that high refresh rate is an end game, so what type of monitor are they using?

This is one of the really popular ones right now, when you can find it in stock. HP has an Omen model for about the same price that I've been told is the same panel. I believe that monitor is usually cheaper as well, $350-400ish.