NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Ragosh

Molten Core Raider
Thats what she said.

Aaaanyway. No announcements on German hardware sites at all yet. Guess we're even more fucked trying to get one. Only chance might be directly from NVIDIA. Sad times.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
View attachment 301136

This is supposedly a 3090 in a case -- notice what its resting on.

Looks like a small motherboard? Definitely smaller than mine as far as I can tell, and so the case is probably similar size which makes the card looks larger. In the video it doesn't look much bigger than the usual cards, maybe a little bit but not like gigantic.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 301136

This is supposedly a 3090 in a case -- notice what its resting on.
1599754225958.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
What's the strategy on release day?
Camp the Nvidia site, or camp at best buy?

I will likely camp Nvidia - while seeing if i can source a FE card locally - i have a couple bestbuy near my house - i will call them the night before just to inquire if they have FE cards for the morning - If not then i will order from nvidia since Microcenter is 80min away and im not waking up to be there at 7 to stand in line - If i wasnt having back surgery next month i would but id have to bring a chair to wait (lightbulb goes off) well maybe ill just get a chair and wait!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I will likely camp Nvidia - while seeing if i can source a FE card locally - i have a couple bestbuy near my house - i will call them the night before just to inquire if they have FE cards for the morning - If not then i will order from nvidia since Microcenter is 80min away and im not waking up to be there at 7 to stand in line - If i wasnt having back surgery next month i would but id have to bring a chair to wait (lightbulb goes off) well maybe ill just get a chair and wait!
think ill do the same

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I was in Best Buy this morning returning some case fans and the kid said to check back this weekend as they'll be receiving their notifications for stock this weekend. Might go back up there Sunday to just confirm if they'll be getting any physical availability in store.

The sale should go live online at 9:00 am EST, and our Best Buy opens at 10

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I was in Best Buy this morning returning some case fans and the kid said to check back this weekend as they'll be receiving their notifications for stock this weekend. Might go back up there Sunday to just confirm if they'll be getting any physical availability in store.

The sale should go live online at 9:00 am EST, and our Best Buy opens at 10

Same with microcenter - i feel explosive diarrhea coming on for that day - may not make it into the office and have to work from home(or my car!)

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I trust best buy about as much as i trust the person taking my order at a drive thru to get my order right

• 2Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Best Buy’s site is trash. I ordered something for work through there and the next day our corporate card was stolen, they ordered $10k worth of Best Buy shit with it before they got it turned off. First time our purchaser has had that happen.

Last edited:

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Good lord the amount of people on reddit asking if a 3090 will cpu bottleneck their pentium II. Reddit being reddit :)

• 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 user