NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

dizzie

Triggered Happy
So....3080 PAPER EDITIONs all over ebay with actual bids....i mean no one is really that stupid.....right?

People are using bots to bid on items with 3080 in the description and ebays turned a complete fucking shitshow. Most of the cards aren't real and neither are the bids.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
There's a single guy on reddit that wrote a bot that is bidding on every 3080 which is why you saw one go for 80k

I imagine there will be a lot more fucking with scalpers too.

FB Marketplace in Boston has them at around ~$1500. I'll just pass on this gen if that's how it is.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Someone in AnnArbor had "pre-sales" and said i would need a deposit,...im like uh huh

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
There's a single guy on reddit that wrote a bot that is bidding on every 3080 which is why you saw one go for 80k

I imagine there will be a lot more fucking with scalpers too.

FB Marketplace in Boston has them at around ~$1500. I'll just pass on this gen if that's how it is.

Im not going to pass on this gen as I’m running a 970 but I’m definitely not buying from anyone other than a retailer. I’ll just wait for it to come into stock is all. Either the evga Xc3 or whatever AMD has if it’s competitive. I’m just nervous about drivers with them, I hated that shit 15 years ago and smooth drivers is why I have been exclusively Nvidia for so long.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I dunno I have a hard time believing people where sitting around with $30k to buy these up.
Why not? These guys are professionals and there is a steady influx of high-demand electronics that they can use their pre-existing tools for. Someone buying a mere 10 of these cards can flip them for a huge markup which you can then use for the next electronics release.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I dunno I have a hard time believing people where sitting around with $30k to buy these up.

I don’t. If I knew I was going to double my money on every purchase I would have no problem putting $30k on my credit card knowing it would be paid off in a week. That’s if I had no cash from previous flips, which is probably all someone with an effective bot program does. Shoes, electronics, etc.

Think of all the star citizen ships you could own if you were an unethical scalper.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Cleary Big Phoenix Big Phoenix has never heard of a credit card. As he is a staunch communist and does not believe in fiscal currency, I am not surprised.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Quick poll, which derail was worse

Batsoup's scalper defense = Salty
Mist's weird housing problem = barf
c526f47bba453481bd091517ad02ae359cd77a0c61f9af1733e3fe07e7119ecb.jpg

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Haha. Tons of these on eBay now.

• 1Worf

slippery

<Bronze Donator>

He makes it sound like you might actually be able to get one next month. If you really want one just keep trying every day at the various places because they are restocking frequently.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
in 4 months all this shit will be found at slight discounts below MSRP, you've waited fucking years most likely anyways might as well try to exercise a little modicum of restraint.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
For reference, the GTX 1080 came out May 27th 2016 and it took me until the second week of September to actually get the one I wanted in stock at MSRP.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
in 4 months all this shit will be found at slight discounts below MSRP, you've waited fucking years most likely anyways might as well try to exercise a little modicum of restraint.
Need to wait for newer CPUs anyway.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

My guess is we never see any 3080 actually at MSRP. Nvidia will say it's AIBs fault

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
For reference, the GTX 1080 came out May 27th 2016 and it took me until the second week of September to actually get the one I wanted in stock at MSRP.
These are different times. People were selling used 20X0 series cards for their MSRP and above a few months ago.