NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I thought this thread was bad when it was nothing but babyrage about cards being out of stock.

Now I just want to go back to that.
We could talk about building silent, energy efficient gaming PCs.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
Noone's stopping you from undervolting, lowering resolution and capping fps on more expensive hardware, or just tuning fan profiles. There's just not much interest in that, especially in a thread about a new 300+W series of graphics cards.

If you're room is too hot and you're too lefty to get AC, consider a big old fan. The larger the diameter the better airflow to noise ratio.

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Isn't intel supposed to be releasing their GPU soon? Must be why the i9 10900K is so hard to find in stock, they're busy fabbing the efficient 3080 killer.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I was finally able to get one in a cart at Bestbuy and soon as I tried to go to checkout it was out of stock. This is really getting ridiculous.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
That was a Gigabyte dawg, have some self respect.
I know. I usually buy either a MSI, Asus or EVGA gpu cards. I want a 3080 but not going to pay that inflated price. Plus if I had any issues with it Bestbuy will refund my money.

Edit: Had had a MSI 3080 in cart went to checkout and sold out within seconds. Lmao

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I was finally able to get one in a cart at Bestbuy and soon as I tried to go to checkout it was out of stock. This is really getting ridiculous.
As far as I can tell best buy has never had any real stock or bots completely took over that site.

Best bet today is to watch newegg and Amazon as it seems evga is expecting them to be in stock "soon"

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
AMD's new card launch will probably go a similar direction.
If anything, AMD has just recently ramped up production quotas at TSMC for consoles. AMD now has a lot of experience with the TSMC 7nm node, while NVidia just switched to Samsung 8nm. Even with the somewhat hyped Ryzen 2 launches AMD was pretty quick to get supply out, except on the highest end where there are always problems at the start of a production cycle with binning.

This will be the same with Nvidia: They can't possibly meet demand for the 3090 because production quality isn't there yet, so they sell them to the "early adopters" (read that as: fanboys, influencers and people looking for bragging rights on gaming forums) at a premium. The inferior chips are most likely currently processed in QA to be the first batch of 3070's, but at a lower priority because 3080 + 3090 make more money.

Once production stablizes we'll most likely see reduced prices, Ti and/or SUPER models.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
As far as I can tell best buy has never had any real stock or bots completely took over that site.

Best bet today is to watch newegg and Amazon as it seems evga is expecting them to be in stock "soon"
I don't know what is going on with their site. At one point I was able to put a MSI 3080 in my cart and was able to check it out. I put in my info, hit submit and it told me it was out of stock. If there was one available and I was in check out, it should of gave me a minute or two to submit my info to complete the purchase. If not complete by then then kick out my order. There's no safe guard on that site to prevent bots. Fuck Worstbuy.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't know what is going on with their site. At one point I was able to put a MSI 3080 in my cart and was able to check it out. I put in my info, hit submit and it told me it was out of stock. If there was one available and I was in check out, it should of gave me a minute or two to submit my info to complete the purchase. If not complete by then then kick out my order. There's no safe guard on that site to prevent bots. Fuck Worstbuy.
Their site is garbage. It's not exclusive to this - when I was buying a TV some TV's would show in stock and I'd add them to cart but theyd be OOS

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Best Buy is garbage and I’m pretty sure their site security is garbage tier. I mentioned in another thread our corporate card got hacked because I bought something from Best Buy online. This is a card that has thousands of transactions a year at 100+ different vendors across the country. All it took was one time at Best Buy to get fucked.

Ladro

Anomaly
Not so sure about that, this sounds like companies that used the better capacitor arrangement and didn't cheap out might be resilient to the issue. Just need to find out which vendors those are; definitely not Zotac by the sounds of it.