NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What I bet happened was people are receiving early samples and seeing issues. I guarantee were having a shitty launch because a lot of companies needed to rework boards

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
What I bet happened was people are receiving early samples and seeing issues. I guarantee were having a shitty launch because a lot of companies needed to rework boards

The companies building below the spec is pretty stupid too.

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This is either VERY good PR using a situation to bolster their brand or they got their ass saved by some smart QA person that actually was able to influence an engineer with a clue.

Some of the responses to that are funny.

"WHAT ELSE ARENT YOU TELLING US REEE"

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It could be fine but I don't think they had time to fully verify their designs. They probably would've caught it

Yeah Nvidia holding the info from them for so long played no small part in the whole thing.

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So because of this "small chip large chip" thing you need to inspect the pictures of the card now when ordering online?

Ragosh

Molten Core Raider
Is there a tier-list of cards? Like built/reputation + "save" in the chip department? Or does everyone have to do their own research?

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
I refuse to sell 2080 ti anymore. Way too many broke after a short while, ram issue according the feedback i have. But even replaced with new ram, some customers keep having problems...
I really hope the new 30x0 will be flawless on the hardware part.

giphy.gif

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm just waiting until the EVGA cards are easily and readily available. My 1080ti works just fine for now since I'm not playing much of anything at the moment. I have an immense amount of brand loyalty for EVGA because of their customer support and no questions asked RMA process.

• 5Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Is there a tier-list of cards? Like built/reputation + "save" in the chip department? Or does everyone have to do their own research?

Avoid: Zotac, igame
Good: FE, EVGA, Asus TUF

Not really sure about other manufacturers, have only read those.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
The TUF isn't using any of the cheap caps, ZOTACs are using all cheap caps. If you have to get stuff day one the only safe way is probably reference/founders edition.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The conspiracy guy in me would say they knew they had problems so they limited how many they could push out to limit their exposure until they could get it worked out.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The conspiracy guy in me would say they knew they had problems so they limited how many they could push out to limit their exposure until they could get it worked out.

I don’t think so. The Nvidia cards don’t have the problem, and the cards that followed spec don’t. I’m pretty sure it was companies trying to be cheap and make a deadline.

• 1Like

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
The deadline was from Nvidia guarding all the 30 series information until the last second, and Nvidia green-lighted the changes that were made too. So there's some blame to go around.

• 1Truth!

yaph

Molten Core Raider
So the Chinese owned companies cut corners and are having failures. Shocking.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users