Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
shuffleLul.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I can never fucking find that shit unless someone direct links the current one here. I feel like a retard finding the link to it

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Today is the first day the shuffle link didn't work for me. It had been working fine prior.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Intel to the rescue.
Turns out the card is not only small and weak, it's also utter shit all around

• 1Worf

Izo

Tranny Chaser

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My pre-built system arrived yesterday, but I had no idea what 3080 was going to be in it. It ended up being a TUF gaming. Those are actually really good cards and run very cool.

Satisfied.

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My pre-built system arrived yesterday, but I had no idea what 3080 was going to be in it. It ended up being a TUF gaming. Those are actually really good cards and run very cool.

Satisfied.
My buddy got a pre-built from ibuypower, and it let him choose the ROG Strix 3080, but if you go on there now it just says 3080 without any brand/model. He got lucky! lol

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My buddy got a pre-built from ibuypower, and it let him choose the ROG Strix 3080, but if you go on there now it just says 3080 without any brand/model. He got lucky! lol
That's where I bought mine and ya, it didn't give me a choice. It just said "3080, pre-order."

The one I just bought is actually the 3rd system I've purchased from them. I've had absolutely zero complaints. Certainly, you can (usually) build a system for a couple hundred bucks cheaper if you part it yourself, but I'm more than happy to trade the additional cost for not having to build it myself and also having the convenience of single company to deal with if I were to encounter system issues.

The snobbery around building PCs is asinine. Ibuypower builds pcs with off-the-shelf parts exactly like you or I would. There's no proprietary shit like some boutiques.

Last edited:

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Wish I saved the pic of the disaster cable management nest of shit on my wifes PC when I actually took off the panel that hides the HD/cables. (Rest of case is glass sided and looks empty ish.) System her dad bought her because she didn't want to listen to my advice/let me build it. Shame her dads comp knowledge is from the 90's so she somehow ended up w/ no cd drive and a 250gb harddrive, 8gb ram. So we quickly had to add a bunch of extra shit to make it complete. Granted even his piece could run the only game she's ever played.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Haven't had a cd drive(or well dvd drive) for the past, I don't know, 15 or 20years? If anything having one is 90s knowledge. Rest I could see being a problem but it depends on the use, 8gb ram if you're not playing modern games will do the job, and 250gb if you're not torrenting shit or playing modern games will also do the job. Cable management is kinda whatever unless you're trying to change stuff too, I do pay attention to it when building and my older prebuilt PCs had them done well, but ultimately for a lot of people they're not gonna be fiddling with the cables(at best they'll add new cables to install some additional things) so kinda doesn't matter.

That said there are potential issues with pre built, if they're built poorly(thermal paste mostly, poor fan placement, cables if they somehow are in the case, and then issues with securing the PC for transport after it's assembled). I bought a couple of prebuilt a few years back cause I was being lazy, but the shop I was buying from got some severely poor reviews last time I wanted to get a new PC a couple years back, so decided to assemble it myself instead. I think they switched management and the quality just went down so meh. It wasn't hard but it takes a long enough time that I don't really care for it.

Next update I'll probably look into finding some prebuilt watercooling system though, the whole watercooling, while a fun experience, isn't something I want to bother doing for every PC, but I really like how silent and cool it is.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Haven't had a cd drive(or well dvd drive) for the past, I don't know, 15 or 20years? If anything having one is 90s knowledge. Rest I could see being a problem but it depends on the use, 8gb ram if you're not playing modern games will do the job, and 250gb if you're not torrenting shit or playing modern games will also do the job. Cable management is kinda whatever unless you're trying to change stuff too, I do pay attention to it when building and my older prebuilt PCs had them done well, but ultimately for a lot of people they're not gonna be fiddling with the cables(at best they'll add new cables to install some additional things) so kinda doesn't matter.

That said there are potential issues with pre built, if they're built poorly(thermal paste mostly, poor fan placement, cables if they somehow are in the case, and then issues with securing the PC for transport after it's assembled). I bought a couple of prebuilt a few years back cause I was being lazy, but the shop I was buying from got some severely poor reviews last time I wanted to get a new PC a couple years back, so decided to assemble it myself instead. I think they switched management and the quality just went down so meh. It wasn't hard but it takes a long enough time that I don't really care for it.

Next update I'll probably look into finding some prebuilt watercooling system though, the whole watercooling, while a fun experience, isn't something I want to bother doing for every PC, but I really like how silent and cool it is
She had 250gb of pics and a few vids alone off her camera, much less adding WOW or any other games. She ended up stopping playing anything so it doesn't matter so much, other than I'm stuck using hers for now while mine is down until I find a card.

• 1WTF

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Next update I'll probably look into finding some prebuilt watercooling system though, the whole watercooling, while a fun experience, isn't something I want to bother doing for every PC, but I really like how silent and cool it is.
Why not just AIO? That’s what I’d do if going water cooled. Wish I would have this build but discovered them too late.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Why not just AIO? That’s what I’d do if going water cooled. Wish I would have this build but discovered them too late.
There's no AIO GFX afaik, there's like pre installed cooling blocks GFX but you'd still need to mount the pump and do all the tubing. Still way less annoying since removing the fans on a GFX is both a pain in the ass and stressful as fuck when the card's worth 1k+ but quite annoying. I just don't see the point of only watercooling the CPU like so many PCs do, the GFX fan is a large part of the noise made when running under load while gaming, they're basically all fucking trash. On top of that if anything, the GPU is what needs cooling, not the CPU. Might not be as much of an issue on the 30xx series but the CPU was never much of a problem in temperatures in my experience before.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
There's no AIO GFX afaik, there's like pre installed cooling blocks GFX but you'd still need to mount the pump and do all the tubing. Still way less annoying since removing the fans on a GFX is both a pain in the ass and stressful as fuck when the card's worth 1k+ but quite annoying. I just don't see the point of only watercooling the CPU like so many PCs do, the GFX fan is a large part of the noise made when running under load while gaming, they're basically all fucking trash. On top of that if anything, the GPU is what needs cooling, not the CPU. Might not be as much of an issue on the 30xx series but the CPU was never much of a problem in temperatures in my experience before.

All I know is my 3080 never cracks 60c under load, it's quite impressive.