NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
absolutely worth it especially the power supply
While researching all the new bullshit components nowadays, I was shocked to see that a 10900k(one of the heavier wattage draw cpus out there)and a 2080 Ti under FULL load CPU/GPU at 4k was only drawing 400 watts. Made me feel like a gangster about my 8 fan, RGB glory knowing I bought an 850w in Oct. The perks to me only having a 1660S is that it allows for maximum case gayness, even with the 5900x.

Pescador

Trakanon Raider
My desktop is still on an i5-3570k and the only upgrade I've made in 8 years is an RX 570 so I'm glad I asked!

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm surprised no one has chimed in yet with ... why not both? You could sell that 3060 pre-built for at least what you paid?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm surprised no one has chimed in yet with ... why not both? You could sell that 3060 pre-built for at least what you paid?
If I remember correct you got a AOC UW screen right? Did you solve the black flickering? My blackout blinking went away once I got the 3080.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If I remember correct you got a AOC UW screen right? Did you solve the black flickering? My blackout blinking went away once I got the 3080.
Yea, I got a better DP 1.4 cable, and it went away. My issue was the Amazon Basics DP cable I was using didn't support high enough bandwidth.

Still absolutely love the UW format, and will not ever go back to standard.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Looks like my video card decided to die at last. You had a good/long life. Fortunately, my mobo has onboard video that I can use in the mean time. Not like I'm playing any games or anything.

My dead video. Technically not dead. It still turns on, but the only thing it displays is a strange black/white type pattern.

• 2Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Looks like my video card decided to die at last. You had a good/long life. Fortunately, my mobo has onboard video that I can use in the mean time. Not like I'm playing any games or anything.

My dead video. Technically not dead. It still turns on, but the only thing it displays is a strange black/white type pattern.
Oh funny, my old PC also had the exact same card, twin froze 660, died about 3 weeks ago too. The card itself is fine though, I think, it's the motherboard that died. Or well technically it still works, but it takes like 200+ "turn it on and off again" to actually boot. It started dying by taking a couple of tries, then one day it took me like 30mins of powering up and down until it booted(but still booted). I left it on for a few days while I looked for the potential issue, googled it might be the PSU so bothered dismantling both my newer PC and the older one to test the newer PSU on it, and it wasn't that. Took like an hour to boot(had to move the PC next to my chair while I was browsing so I could keep trying while doing something else) that last time.

Left it on for a few days, bought an external HDD(which I wanted to buy for a while anyway) and copied everything that was on it to that, then bought a NUC mini pc thing to replace it. I like having an actual PC connected to my TV to play movies/animes and torrent stuff and usually use my older PC for the job(whenever I switched PCs I just switched which one does the TV stuff too), but didn't want to bother replacing the motherboard entirely for such an old piece of shit and the risk of any of the other pieces to break down soon too.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
My mobo is also an issue that started around 2-3 weeks ago. Out of the blue, it stopped booting up. I turn the CPU on and all the fans kick on and... that's it.

We found a temporary way to make it work after much trial and error. If I go to the little switch on my PSU and click it off once I shut the computer down and then leave it off until I'm ready to turn the computer back on again. Something about not being connected to power when it's off let's it start up right away without any issues. We've been doing that for the past few weeks, and now the video went to that. I kept trying to fix it but no dice. Then I removed it from the PC, and I'm just using the onboard video.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
My mobo is also an issue that started around 2-3 weeks ago. Out of the blue, it stopped booting up. I turn the CPU on and all the fans kick on and... that's it.

We found a temporary way to make it work after much trial and error. If I go to the little switch on my PSU and click it off once I shut the computer down and then leave it off until I'm ready to turn the computer back on again. Something about not being connected to power when it's off let's it start up right away without any issues. We've been doing that for the past few weeks, and now the video went to that. I kept trying to fix it but no dice. Then I removed it from the PC, and I'm just using the onboard video.
Oh that sounds like my problem, fans on the GFX and CPU turned on(full speed too), but not the case fans. Weird. Bad time to get GFX issues though, even the older stuff is expensive as fuck.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Oh that sounds like my problem, fans on the GFX and CPU turned on(full speed too), but not the case fans. Weird. Bad time to get GFX issues though, even the older stuff is expensive as fuck.
Yeah they are. I sold a year old card for $100 more than what I paid for it. Prices are really insane now.

• 1Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I would be very shocked if those 2 factories in the US actually got to a point where they produced anything. I won't say it is impossible to happen but the likelihood in my mind is extremely low.
One point about those factories being built in the US is that they are also hedges against invasion of Taiwan, or illegal blockading/restricting of commerce and/or in the South China Sea.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
iBuypower machine came in. Got a MSI 3080 Gaming X Trio which seems pretty good. Build quality/packaging were on point with nice cable management. Even had a support brace for hte card which was a nice touch.

Then I ripped it out and stuck it in my computer.

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
What game did you play first and drool all over on? Alyx was mine.
Installed Cyberpunk but..kinda already feel meh about that game so that was a bust. MSFS 2020 ran pretty good. Need to see how VR performance does though.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Installed Cyberpunk but..kinda already feel meh about that game so that was a bust. MSFS 2020 ran pretty good. Need to see how VR performance does though.
Haven’t left VR since my 3090 arrived. I’m walking around in Fallout 4 and loving it 10x more than when I played it the first time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
The actual machine will be replacing wifes POS Alienware (swear to god always the worst fucking cases). Did the vid card shuffle and passed my 1080ti down to son and his 1070 went into the iBuypower.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
PXL_20210330_202942542.jpg

Now THIS is podracing, boiz!

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users