NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
China doesn't fuck around

Quebec as some of the cheapest electricity in the world and they can't sell as much as they generate. All those miners are going to appear in Canada in the not too distant future. They've been courting the Chinese miners for years and some have already moved.

Fadaar

That guy
Quebec as some of the cheapest electricity in the world and they can't sell as much as they generate. All those miners are going to appear in Canada in the not too distant future. They've been courting the Chinese miners for years and some have already moved.

I hope all their GPUs get confiscated by customs

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I hope all their GPUs get confiscated by customs
Bitcoin doesn't use GPUs, it uses specialized Asics designed for high efficiency hashing. Ethereum mining uses GPUs and they've got a plan to remove mining in favor of staking but that's late 2021 at the earliest. Lots of other coins use GPUs so it may not go away entirely but it will certainly be less profitable.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
If anyone ends up buying 1 of the Cyberpower pre-builts from best buy with a Ryzen 9 being linked in here, consider budgeting an upgraded cpu cooler. The included 120 aio idles around 40c and jumps to 80c almost instantly under load. About 10 minutes of gaming will push it to 90c and cause the cpu to throttle. For me it throttled to around 4 ghz until the temp dropped back to mid 80s, then went back to 4.7 ghz and throttled again. Cycled through that sequence of events over and over. I will say that even at 4 ghz there wasn't much performance lost, but if you want the best, it will need to be upgraded. Running this system also definitely eliminates the need for a space heater. It puts out an absurd amount of heat lol; easily raised the temp of the room I had it in by 10f

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I would recommend a new case, along with at least a 240mm AIO. My kid has the last gen Ryzen and yeah they run hot, his room is by far the hottest in the house, even in winter. The thing is a fucking space heater.

• 1Worf

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I may link but I’ve always said to swap AIO and add fans to any prebuilt - good value otherwise but terrible cooling

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
BTW the AMD Ryzen 7 5800x is only $399 at amazon and in stock. So they must have dropped the price $50.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

giphy.gif

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I may link but I’ve always said to swap AIO and add fans to any prebuilt - good value otherwise but terrible cooling

I swapped to a 240 AIO and added 3 additional fans (2 of which I simply salvaged from the AIO that came with the system, although I guess it might make more sense to buy 2 new fans and then sell that 120 AIO) and dropped my idle temp from 40c to 32c and load from 90c and throttling to 67c

• 2Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yep sounds about right. In the end no reason a prebuilt cant become a "built" - i mean you toss in an AIO and do cooling like you would a normal PC and voila, a normal PC - swapping case is not usually necessary unless its a heat trap.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I only recomendeed the case swap because he mentioned only 1/2 cm inlet on each side of his front cover. Either way I think hes good to go now those temps are way better.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
TLDR? Higher res and quality DSLL looks slightly better. Looks like FSR is legit though. Especially when you consider it's a 1.0 version. Games are bare for FSR. Devs will probably take the easier route IMO and go with FSR. More cards, easier to implement.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
so whats the tl;dr how is it compared to nvidia's DLSS

Higher res and quality DSLL looks slightly better. Looks like FSR is legit though. Especially when you consider it's a 1.0 version. Games are bare for FSR. Devs will probably take the easier route IMO and go with FSR. More cards, easier to implement.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
FSR outperforms DLSS even with it being done on 30 series cards, especially on 4K. Now if AMD can get it on more games than dlss has in its time out, would be a nicer kick in the dick.

This is the better breakdown.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
My NZXT prebuilt arrived last week, got it set up on the weekend. Clean looking machine, good cable management. Only problem was it kept shutting down randomly. Ran benchmarks to see if the PSU was faulty. Super low scores. Got a monitoring program set up and lo and behold, 85 degree CPU. Someone at the warehouse had straight up forgotten a power cable for the liquid cooler. So I had to gut the nice cable management to access the battery and add a SATA cable. Running fine now.

3080 1440p is a noticeable upgrade from 1060 1080p

Amusingly, if I had known the cooler had RGB the fact that it wasn't powered would have popped out a lot quicker

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users