NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Communists get what they deserve!

This is pretty hilarious though. So can you not buy high capacity power supplies in those states?
Dunno. I mean I replaced a 650 psu recently. Hence asking here wtf never heard of this.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
I was able to order 2 of those with the 1000 psu. This was just like 3 months ago. I wonder if this is a new thing. Best Buy and other places still have 1k and up psu on the shelves

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Absolutely love my 34" Alienware. That being said, I desperately need to get a 2nd monitor for multi-task shit.
That’s why I kept my 2nd monitor. I love my 34” and will never go smaller but having a 2nd monitor is a must for me. I sometimes I watch Netflix, YouTube, type in discord or look up something up when I’m gaming. Plus I have a security camera system in my house and I can always pull up my front door or any other camera to see who is there.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

This product cannot be shipped to the states of California, Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Vermont or Washington due to power consumption regulations adopted by those states. Any orders placed that are bound for those states will be canceled.

What kinds of faggotry is this?
Has to do with how much energy is used while the system is idle or in sleep mode. If it's above a certain threshold the device is considered a power leech due to how many companies, offices, etc there are and the sheer amount of electronics active in those states.

I recall something about non-SATA drives being the cause not the actual power supplies.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Fuxk you guys trying to make me feel like a pleb with my two 27" Monitors.

I'll bang all your moms, I'm no punk bitch! You punk bitch!

Pescador

Trakanon Raider
Communists get what they deserve!

This is pretty hilarious though. So can you not buy high capacity power supplies in those states?
Odd, I am in California and I bought an R12 with 1kW PSU, 11th gen i7, and a 3080 with no issues in April. At the time any 3080 rig for less than $2k was selling out almost instantly so I jumped on it. Wonder if this is a new policy...?

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
Looked at some of the UW today at Best Buy and not sure I can make that work with the multiple excel and rdp windows. Feels like I need those on independent monitors and not tiles windows in a larger ultra wide. But I’ve never actually done it so who knows.
you're right, tiling multiple small windows within the screen just isn't optimal. a split monitor is still much better, especially when gaming.

I recently bought a LG 38" ultrawide (LG38WN95-C), thinking that it'd serve as an improved multi-tasking monitor over my previous 27" and 23" separate monitors. duno what I was thinking.

for gaming, I absolutely love it. I think I did experience one game that clipped the top and bottom of the image, but it was some indie game I don't play normally and I haven't had the issue in any other game, and I've tried a few dozen. It seemed to work fine in Counterstrike, and I don't think anything was clipped, but I could be wrong.

the productivity improvement I expected with this monitor was a bust.
unfortunately, I learned too late after ordering it that the Picture-By-Picture multi-input functionality does not work when combining Display Port and TBolt connections. Apparently, that detail is buried in some youtube review, and nowhere else in the official product details or the Rtings review. I thought I did exhaustive research, and I'm kicking myself for missing this. In hindsight, I should've gotten a 34" UW and a sidecar.

I need Display Port for my PC (as Adaptive sync is capped at 60fps via HDMI, which is stupid on a monitor rated for 144hz), and TBolt for my work laptop. I guess I could try an HDMI adapter for the laptop, haven't done that yet.

TLDR; Despite slightly regretting the expense of the 38" monitor, I absolutely love ultrawide gaming and I couldn't go back to anything smaller than 34" @ 2k. Maybe I could live with 32" @ 4k, but I'd still prefer an OLED 40" @ 4k (LG C2?)

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
image_2021-07-27_075249.png

• 14Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 15 users

Aazrael

This product cannot be shipped to the states of California, Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Vermont or Washington due to power consumption regulations adopted by those states. Any orders placed that are bound for those states will be canceled.

What kinds of faggotry is this?
I think Gamersnexus just reviewed one of those Alienwares, basically a 1990s chassi inside a plastic box and overpriced and overheating.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think Gamersnexus just reviewed one of those Alienwares, basically a 1990s chassi inside a plastic box and overpriced and overheating.
Plus of course being a dell, probably filled with proprietary components that will not fit in other PC and cannot be upgraded. Which kinda defeats the purpose of a PC in the first place, might as well get a laptop.

Sludig

Yall missing the point that was already discussed. Of course its a shit pre built.

Some new info that is kinda lol i found. The laws on this don't even go into effect until December and yet alien decided to start early.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Yall missing the point that was already discussed. Of course its a shit pre built.

Some new info that is kinda lol i found. The laws on this don't even go into effect until December and yet alien decided to start early.

I'll ask. What laws?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
For work i have a completely different setup - i use 3 27inch monitors because it just flows better - putting an UW in there would just not feel right, but this is why i have a work setup with a Lenovo+dock and a gaming setup

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Can you tldr these for me, I'm never going to remember to actually click those links and look
I clicked them and got even more confused, so yeah a tldr would be great, cause it seemed to me that if they put an automatic sleep setting to on, they were ok? do they not want to put auto sleep on? did I miss something?

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
you're right, tiling multiple small windows within the screen just isn't optimal. a split monitor is still much better, especially when gaming.

I recently bought a LG 38" ultrawide (LG38WN95-C), thinking that it'd serve as an improved multi-tasking monitor over my previous 27" and 23" separate monitors. duno what I was thinking.

for gaming, I absolutely love it. I think I did experience one game that clipped the top and bottom of the image, but it was some indie game I don't play normally and I haven't had the issue in any other game, and I've tried a few dozen. It seemed to work fine in Counterstrike, and I don't think anything was clipped, but I could be wrong.

the productivity improvement I expected with this monitor was a bust.
unfortunately, I learned too late after ordering it that the Picture-By-Picture multi-input functionality does not work when combining Display Port and TBolt connections. Apparently, that detail is buried in some youtube review, and nowhere else in the official product details or the Rtings review. I thought I did exhaustive research, and I'm kicking myself for missing this. In hindsight, I should've gotten a 34" UW and a sidecar.

I need Display Port for my PC (as Adaptive sync is capped at 60fps via HDMI, which is stupid on a monitor rated for 144hz), and TBolt for my work laptop. I guess I could try an HDMI adapter for the laptop, haven't done that yet.

TLDR; Despite slightly regretting the expense of the 38" monitor, I absolutely love ultrawide gaming and I couldn't go back to anything smaller than 34" @ 2k. Maybe I could live with 32" @ 4k, but I'd still prefer an OLED 40" @ 4k (LG C2?)
I have been gaming on TV's since 2008 with my 38" Westinghouse, and then after that I got a 4k TV from South Korea. Here is the unfortunate reality. Monitors are just now starting to get to the 40+" size in 2021 and TVs less than 55" are "budget'. The 48" OLED LG CX/C2 (and maybe one of the Nano Cells but it wasn't that good, IIRC) the only premium TV smaller than 55": the whole market has moved on. There just a gap now in that size range. I am "stuck" with my Sonys from 2017, 60hz refresh for another year, until hopefully Mini LED comes out and someone makes a 48" model of that, or a monitor maker moves up to 43"ish.

Hopefully by then we can by video cards at MSRP as well.

• 1Like