NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

This product cannot be shipped to the states of California, Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Vermont or Washington due to power consumption regulations adopted by those states. Any orders placed that are bound for those states will be canceled.

What kinds of faggotry is this?

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob
i dunno when i signed up for it but evga sent me a queue notice for a 3080 FTW3 $899 (minus a $26 rando discount?). didn't buy it, no real interest but they do resell for ~$1500 on ebay if you wanna play that game.

pretty sure they are all now the LHR models that don't mine crypto as well

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Can you tldr these for me, I'm never going to remember to actually click those links and look
I clicked them and got even more confused, so yeah a tldr would be great, cause it seemed to me that if they put an automatic sleep setting to on, they were ok? do they not want to put auto sleep on? did I miss something?

(CA specific, other states have their own #'s I assume)

TL;DR - Gaming machines manufactured between January 1, 2019 and July 1, 2021 can use no more than 50, 80, or 100 kWH a year. Anything made after July 1 is further restricted to 50, 60, or 70 kWH a year. The Dell computer people are talking about uses 63kWH when idle.

As a CA resident I can't say I'm exactly salty over it. We are on track to use as much electricity as Italy by 2024 and we already have a ton of energy problems.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
It seems like a simple implementation of some more strict sleep or shut down after XXhours of non use. If the problem is kWH/year.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Blame lies with Dell though, they've literally known about this for years.

• 1Truth!

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
(CA specific, other states have their own #'s I assume)

TL;DR - Gaming machines manufactured between January 1, 2019 and July 1, 2021 can use no more than 50, 80, or 100 kWH a year. Anything made after July 1 is further restricted to 50, 60, or 70 kWH a year. The Dell computer people are talking about uses 63kWH when idle.

As a CA resident I can't say I'm exactly salty over it. We are on track to use as much electricity as Italy by 2024 and we already have a ton of energy problems.

Consumer computer usage is totally California’s problem and not retarded energy regulations.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
We are on track to use as much electricity as Italy by 2024 and we already have a ton of energy problems.
And retarded laws like this are exactly why you do have energy problems.

Stop voting for retarded Democrats.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I mean plebs don't get to use their computers but silicon valley, big tech and all the gaming companies I guess still do right? Clearly the energy problems are the PC gamer plebs.

Oh and while were at it, lets introduce few million more EVs, those are still ok I guess right?

All this will do is open up black market PC parts industry, bolster the build your own and not solve shit. While the rest finally hit their last straw and move the fuck away to fuck up some other states with shitty shit lib policies.

• 1Truth!

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I mean plebs don't get to use their computers but silicon valley, big tech and all the gaming companies I guess still do right? Clearly the energy problems are the PC gamer plebs.

Oh and while were at it, lets introduce few million more EVs, those are still ok I guess right?

All this will do is open up black market PC parts industry, bolster the build your own and not solve shit. While the rest finally hit their last straw and move the fuck away to fuck up some other states with shitty shit lib policies.

Cali is the king of black markets and artificially raising prices through regulation. They even have a black market for marijuana bc the tax is so high.

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Gotta up your game!

Screenshot_20210728-092107_One UI Home.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Seems he bought a prebuilt and removed everything besides the gpu. Apparently its fixed now though. As for accuracy who knows.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Seems he bought a prebuilt and removed everything besides the gpu. Apparently its fixed now though. As for accuracy who knows.
Yeah through the app. That was already making the rounds.

The kid was just lucky enough to make it through before they fixed it.

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pretty much every card is on stock at my local dealer, what changed during the last month ? Is it this crypto limitation or did they finally resolved the production problems they had ?