NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Dont discount Intel yet bros. They might be a few nano meters behind, but their current 10nm procs are just as good as AMD (tsmc) 7nm And now that finally AMD is back, the prices have to be competitive. Once they get their processes down to minus some nanos, their shit will be just as viable as ever if not even more than AMD.

At multiple core processing task?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'm pretty curious on how they will fair honestly, they are gonna be on TSMC's 6nm FinFET (N6) process. The 6000-series GPUs are on the 7nm process

Fucker

Log Wizard
Dont discount Intel yet bros. They might be a few nano meters behind, but their current 10nm procs are just as good as AMD (tsmc) 7nm And now that finally AMD is back, the prices have to be competitive. Once they get their processes down to minus some nanos, their shit will be just as viable as ever if not even more than AMD.
2x the power use of AMD for the same performance?

LEL.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I'm pretty curious on how they will fair honestly, they are gonna be on TSMC's 6nm FinFET (N6) process. The 6000-series GPUs are on the 7nm process
Probably pretty damned good. Architecture isn't Intel's problem. It appears they are arriving at similar conclusions as other CPU design teams, so upcoming CPU's from everyone should be complete beasts and not cause rolling brownouts whenever someone powers one on.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Intel changes sockets too frequently for me - ill see how AMD handles the next socket.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
My 11700k is much better than my 5900x was for the very simple reason that it’s plug and play. Not a single entry into my bios to get the memory to work (had compatibility issues with three different brands of ram). Judging by Reddit and various tech forums I’m not alone. Fix yo shit AMD

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
My 11700k is much better than my 5900x was for the very simple reason that it’s plug and play. Not a single entry into my bios to get the memory to work (had compatibility issues with three different brands of ram). Judging by Reddit and various tech forums I’m not alone. Fix yo shit AMD
Its been always plug and play with not one single issue ever for me. I had the same issues with my sons 3700x upgrade a while ago. Had to jump through hoops in order to make the shit work proper. Also went through 2 sets of ram in order to find one that worked. Plus the thing is a glorified space heater, my 11700KF is no AC either, but his fucking system cooks his entire room.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
i don't think anyone here would ever want this but i thought it was kind of a neat tech toy, a mini PC basically. i could see myself in a few years moving to this kind of build, all my storage now is in a NAS type array, i don't really game on my PC much anymore so something that just runs the basics and an occasional game of Civ or something is fine for me

468ef44610c31b5b50b747b4f9f5ee49_f1651b80-f709-4fd2-b6b9-888f96218211_1800x1800.jpg

on the other hand I see the cool 3090 clean builds on reddit and literally drool will come out of my mouth. i wish there were more demanding PC only games

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
i don't think anyone here would ever want this but i thought it was kind of a neat tech toy, a mini PC basically. i could see myself in a few years moving to this kind of build, all my storage now is in a NAS type array, i don't really game on my PC much anymore so something that just runs the basics and an occasional game of Civ or something is fine for me

468ef44610c31b5b50b747b4f9f5ee49_f1651b80-f709-4fd2-b6b9-888f96218211_1800x1800.jpg

on the other hand I see the cool 3090 clean builds on reddit and literally drool will come out of my mouth. i wish there were more demanding PC only games
That's pretty cool, actually. I might have a use for that.

I wish someone made a miniPC that could be powered off a thunderbolt dock. So basically a laptop without the screen, hah.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Did not have any issues or have to change a single BIOS setting when I replaced my 3700X with a 5800X.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

$1500

These also come with a no questions asked 1 yr warranty. Either they will give you a new one, or whatever it takes to fix it if they dont have one on hand.

I took my power spec back when it was crashing during games. They gave me a brand new one and they even switched out drives for me so I would not lose all my shit.

Last edited:

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
Went down to Victoria BC this morning because they had some EVGA 3060s in stock. 15minutes after opening they are all gone. New PC boys 1 year late.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
That's pretty cool, actually. I might have a use for that.

I wish someone made a miniPC that could be powered off a thunderbolt dock. So basically a laptop without the screen, hah.
I donno if they’re powered. Prolly not, you googled it before I’m sure. Just curious why it needs to be powered by tb?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I donno if they’re powered. Prolly not, you googled it before I’m sure. Just curious why it needs to be powered by tb?
Because I have a high end Dell TB dock for my Precision workstation for work, would be nice to be able to just swap it out for another computer with just 1 cable.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Did not have any issues or have to change a single BIOS setting when I replaced my 3700X with a 5800X.

I went from a 2600x to a 5600x and outside of having to update my BIOS for the mobo to support the chipset (knew and did this way ahead of time), didn't have to touch anything else.