NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Im not here to cause an upheaval so i only used an 850+ Plat While it could run windows 10 since its 12th Gen i went with Win11. The nice gentleman at Microcenter offered me a 1600PSU to futureproof but i abstained while under pressure from how he was smirking at me.

That aside im not fond of how i cant get the colors in the case to alternate red and blue like the TaiChi on the Unifans - Perhaps im overlooking the method of getting RGBFusion to do it but thus far no dice. This is only my second(?) Gigabyte board in like 10 years.

I saw on a YT video recently of some RGB software that can control everything from 1 app, anyone familiar with it?

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Im not here to cause an upheaval so i only used an 850+ Plat While it could run windows 10 since its 12th Gen i went with Win11. The nice gentleman at Microcenter offered me a 1600PSU to futureproof but i abstained while under pressure from how he was smirking at me.

That aside im not fond of how i cant get the colors in the case to alternate red and blue like the TaiChi on the Unifans - Perhaps im overlooking the method of getting RGBFusion to do it but thus far no dice. This is only my second(?) Gigabyte board in like 10 years.

I saw on a YT video recently of some RGB software that can control everything from 1 app, anyone familiar with it?
There's like 4 different vendor standards for ARGB and idk how many for regular RGB. If all your RGB shit is compatible with a single vendor standard, you could use a single app.

Gigabyte boards usually have ARGB and regular RBG headers on the boards, and usually 2 of each. If you plug the fans into the correct headers on the board, they should use the same color scheme as the board is programmed to.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Thats an issue tho, Unifans software offer the alternating red/blue TaiChi look. Gigabytes software does not, sure i could hand off control to RGBFusion but its uninteresting really.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Thats an issue tho, Unifans software offer the alternating red/blue TaiChi look. Gigabytes software does not, sure i could hand off control to RGBFusion but its uninteresting really.

Were you going to try and fix the slant on the graphics card line? I thought you posted something about it. It all looks pretty good and really that isn't too bad. Looks more obvious staring at a big picture of it I'm sure.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I am still newb at watercooling so I never got a valve to drain sooooo

Storm Fail GIF

I have some now and it's mainly the side reservoir you can't see that I need it for because it won't drain unless you remove the bottom plug and I have it held in place using makeshift method.

Basically im lazy and don't want to drain it again to add offsets and drain valves!

Also amazon was sold out of the black offset when I looked. Also ekwb had a package come from DHL I never saw so I refuse to order and pay their dumb international shipping fee for fuckin DHL. I had to order a second set from titanrig because im stuck wondering what happened to the first order.

Also f fitting, like 300 in cooling just for fittings etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So my son had a pretty rough holiday (4 days in the hospital) and I went to a Microcenter with him to chear him up and maybe buy a few upgrades in my old PC for him. As we were chatting with one of the salesmen about maybe a new CPU/Mobo he asked if we needed a GPU. He offered a 3060, and I jokingly asked if they had a 3080. It turns out the truck that had just pulled up had a few and I ended up with a 3080 and a bunch of other stuff I hadn't planned on. Before he went to check I had warned my kid we might just flip the card, but I'm not sure if I have the heart to. Unfortunately it is an LHR card. Are they all that way now?

• 6Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 6 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So my son had a pretty rough holiday (4 days in the hospital) and I went to a Microcenter with him to chear him up and maybe buy a few upgrades in my old PC for him. As we were chatting with one of the salesmen about maybe a new CPU/Mobo he asked if we needed a GPU. He offered a 3060, and I jokingly asked if they had a 3080. It turns out the truck that had just pulled up had a few and I ended up with a 3080 and a bunch of other stuff I hadn't planned on. Before he went to check I had warned my kid we might just flip the card, but I'm not sure if I have the heart to. Unfortunately it is an LHR card. Are they all that way now?
Which MC did you go to?

spronk

FPS noob

most third party (evga, asus, etc) nvidia GPUs are now LHR. the only non LHR really are the original nvidia founders editions like the 3080 and 3090 and a few third party cards. If you don't plan on ever doing any mining, and honestly you shouldn't bother, its not gonna make any difference to your gaming life.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
What did they charge you?

Melicant

Which MC did you go to?
St. Louis Park, MN. I also ended up with a 5800x for 299, MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk for $139, EVGA 850 Gold PSU for 139, a Lian Li II Mesh case, 16 GB G.Skill 3200 ram kit, and a Corsair ICUE H100i Pro XT Cooler. The MSI Gaming Z Trio 3080 was $1,149.

I have until tomorrow to make a return/exchange if you have any suggestions. I normally research more prior to purchases. I almost went with an I5-12600k for $269, but the only MOBO available was $230 and the only cooler left that would fit was over $200, so the 5800x package was less.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
There's like 4 different vendor standards for ARGB and idk how many for regular RGB. If all your RGB shit is compatible with a single vendor standard, you could use a single app.
4 for ARGB, 3 for RGB, 2 for RG, 1 for R.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
St. Louis Park, MN. I also ended up with a 5800x for 299, MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk for $139, EVGA 850 Gold PSU for 139, a Lian Li II Mesh case, 16 GB G.Skill 3200 ram kit, and a Corsair ICUE H100i Pro XT Cooler. The MSI Gaming Z Trio 3080 was $1,149.

I have until tomorrow to make a return/exchange if you have any suggestions. I normally research more prior to purchases. I almost went with an I5-12600k for $269, but the only MOBO available was $230 and the only cooler left that would fit was over $200, so the 5800x package was less.
That’ll be a terrific rig, congrats! Sometimes being a dad is awesome

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Melicant

Does anyone have input on if I should go with Windows 11 or 10 for the install? Also, any suggestions on a place to get a Windows key for a decent price?

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
kinguin, g2a, ebay etc. Basically all the 3rd party type sites are <$30. Never had any issues with them.

Can upgrade to 11 after 10 is installed if that is your desire. You need some fairly specific requirements as well which with a new PC shouldn't be an issue. TPM 2.0, DX12 GPU etc.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Install 10, make a backup then update to 11 and see if you're ok with the changes. If not roll that shit back. Check Windows 10/11 thread for more info. Something like startback 11 is a must have to undo most of the retarded changes 11 made.

• 1Like

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Interesting had evga queue pop for a 3060ti. Do I flip?
You would be silly not to. I've been trying to get one for quite awhile now and there are plenty of people willing to pay a premium for it especially before xmas.

• 1Like

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Scored a 3080ti through newegg shuffle so ended up building a brand new PC. RGB doesnt do much for me, so there isnt much of it in the build. I hate fan noise too, so tried to find the quietest components I could.

CPU - Intel 12th gen i7-12700KF

Motherboard - MSI MPG z690 Edge Wifi DD4

Memory - Trident Z Royal DDR4-4400MHz CL16-19-19-39 1.50V 16GB (2x8GB)

CPU cooler - MSI MEG Coreliquid s360 rad is top mounted exhaust

Case - MSI MPG Quietude 100s

Case fans (front intake) - be quiet! Silent Wings 3 140mm PWM, BL067, Cooling Fan x2

Storage - MSI Spatium m470 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 1Tb

GPU - MSI GeForce RTX™ 3080 Ti GAMING X TRIO 12G

PSU - Corsair RM1000x

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users