NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’d black spray paint the inside of the glass.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Since you didn't seem to understand what I was writing, I made you a picture.

So, if you can find me a different case with clearance for an 8th PCI slot, that isn't an overblown "big" or "server" tower case I'd like to hear about it. No, the second graphics card doesn't go into slots 3 and 4, that 6800 XT is beefy, and it would also make the PCIe on it go from x16 to x8. I don't need the performance on the second card. It just has to work.

View attachment 387541

The RGB thing was a jab at all the AIO coolers that have RGB fans preinstalled, where you have to pay extra for them. Mine doesn't. Read my post again.

Also, the big selling point of water cooling is the bigger heat buffer, as in: the water has more mass and takes longer to heat up, and therefore slower dissipation. This is great if your workload consists of short bursts where you need performance on all cores, e.g. when you are transcoding, rendering or compiling. If I would only game on my system I could've gone with a 5600X and air cooling, but sadly I have work to do.

Trust me, I still have a Noctua air cooler in my other system, and in my room you could hear the fan noise ramp up and down.
I actually think Neranja's use-case is correct. The only other case I can think of that would provide max airflow to 2 GPUs would be the SL600M, or one of the invertable Be Quiet cases.

That said, I think the 420MM radiator is probably way overkill.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
the SL600M, or one of the invertable Be Quiet cases.
Considered the SL600M, but the 6800XT wouldn't fit without removing the HDD cage: needed 340mm vs. 318mm clearance.

The 420mm doesn't readily fit, but Arctic has 280 and 360 models.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah I change all my RGB shit to be gold so it all looks like the briefcase from Pulp Fiction.

Along the lines of gold, I use a deep bronze color I found on reddit. Once I went with bronze it was hard to go with anything else.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
EVOLV X GLASS

I've mentioned this case before, best I've ever owned. Build quality top notch and I believe it would fit your need.
Nothing with a bottom-mounted PSU will fit his need, because the PSU and shroud blocks air to the GPU, and the GPU will likely not even clear the top of the PSU.

rad

Lord of Guk
Nothing with a bottom-mounted PSU will fit his need, because the PSU and shroud blocks air to the GPU, and the GPU will likely not even clear the top of the PSU.

NOTHING... never change Mist. You mount it vertically, you don't need 3 140's blowing a 1660ti, lol. Fractal are nice cases though, not like he made a bad choice.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
you don't need 3 140's blowing a 1660ti
Yeah, but the 6800XT is the beefiest graphics card I ever owned, even beefier than the big Quadro's at work. And vertically mounting 5 slots worth of GPU quickly becomes an issue.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Picked up this combo today via the Shuffle for $825 after tax. Just finished my build with a 6900XT and 5950x, but this is giving me thoughts about swapping the board and going Intel + DDR5. Hmmm...

1639538169155.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Ahh yes, Newegg. Almost 2 weeks from order to arrival.
His order shows it’s shipping the next day.

Or are you talking about it happened to you once? Mine have always been on time from them.

spronk

FPS noob

The RTX 3090 Ti is to feature GA102-350 GPU with 10752 CUDA cores. It will be the first NVIDIA card to feature 21 Gbps memory by Micron. While the memory capacity and memory bus will not change though compared to RTX 3090 non-Ti, the card will use GDDR6X modules with 2GB capacity each (the non-Ti model has 24 modules with 1GB capacity). With such a memory configuration, the RTX 3090 Ti would have a maximum memory bandwidth of over 1 TB/s.

NVIDIA RTX 3090 Ti is now rumored to have January 4th announcement with January 27th release date, as we have leaked.