NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
MSI 3080ti is also $1000 on best buy and if you have a best buy card credit card you probably have a get back 10% rewards offer on your account

there will be a sweet spot where you could buy an evga card right around the time the 40xx cards launch and immediately pivot into the stepup program to get on the waiting queue for it, i think you have to enroll within 90 days of purchase but if 30xx cards go on deeper discount once 40xx cards go out could be nice? i dunno never used stepup

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Really its the economy crashing as a whole. EVGA ending their queues;

1655955828769.png

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
4000 series is coming in months as well which is again supposed to be a large jump forward. Between that and the crypto bust people should be anxious to sell those cards. If crypto doesn't bounce back in a big way by September(ish) those 3000 series won't be worth nearly as much as the 2000 and even 1000 series were worth when the 3000 series rolled out.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I had totally forgotten about signing up for this SKU.

Dear Valued Customer,

This email is being sent in response to your request to be notified with availability updates for product 10G-P5-3898-KL and this product was marked as being in stock on 6/20/2022 at 12:03 PM PST.

Please use the unique URL to complete your purchase. Due to this being a limited supply product you have 20 hours to complete your purchase from the time this product was marked in stock; if your purchase is not complete within 20 hours of this product being marked in stock, the product will become unavailable and you will need to enter the notify queue again.

Please Note : You must be logged into the EVGA website and your profile email address MUST match the address that you used to sign up for notify.

Really its the economy crashing as a whole. EVGA ending their queues;

View attachment 418595
When the market is saturated with all those cards that have a billion hours of run time on them - Im curious how that is going to effect pricing of the new shit. Im almost positive there is going to be a huge amount of people that dont know any better buying up all of them.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
You folk with the 3000 series cards or 68xx cards. You planning on getting the 4xxx? I think I will, if I can get my hands on one.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
You folk with the 3000 series cards or 68xx cards. You planning on getting the 4xxx? I think I will, if I can get my hands on one.
Nope. Mine runs everything I play maxed out. Indie games, elden ring, strategy games, arpg’s. No reason to for me.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Otto

I plan on picking up one if it's not too much trouble. Won't be up at 2am every morning trying to score one this time.

spronk

FPS noob

i'm thinking hard about building out a new PC this fall if I can buy a 4090 FE card at MSRP, I have lot of time and access to reseller level alerts and stuff so I don't think I'll have a crazy hard time getting one.

The only real issue is I'd probably preferr a 4080 card over a 4090 given the price differentials but afaik the 4090 is launching a month before the 4080, and usually I've seen in this situations the FIRST thing to release is a lot easier to get than the thing that releases a month later, when everyone sees "oh shit this thing that sells for $1k resells for $3k! imma stay up all night for the next one!"

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Still max out with a 1080 on a 1440p monitor, no reason to upgrade unless going with 4k monitor.

That's my thing. I have a Samsung G9. Res is 5120x1440. Most games are well over 144FPS. But man it would be nice to hit that 244 on the reg.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Nah I'm good for a few years, I run everything at max with no issues. I don't see a reason at all personally.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
If the rumored power draw of 400+w is correct, no fucking chance.