NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
My kids room is a fucking sauna with his 6800x and 3800 AMD. Sure its the furthest room away from the heat/AC but still, its literally 10F-15F hotter in there than the rest of the house.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
My kids room is a fucking sauna with his 6800x and 3800 AMD. Sure its the furthest room away from the heat/AC but still, its literally 10F-15F hotter in there than the rest of the house.
This is the forbidden topic in this thread. Well, not forbidden, just the one everyone always makes fun of me for mentioning.

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I have my Bearded Dragon in the same room as my computer and his heat lamps combined with the 3080 and summer makes naked gaming possible/necessary.

• 1Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You can have the best cooled tower in the world, but all that is doing is shoving the heat generated outside the box into your room.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is the forbidden topic in this thread. Well, not forbidden, just the one everyone always makes fun of me for mentioning.

I stuck to a 65w i5 CPU for my last build, not that the heat is a real problem in my room but the less heat you need to get rid of, the quieter the PC can be. With full SSDs for storage a PC can be built to be quiet enough that it's hard to tell it's powered on.

Cybsled

I had totally forgotten about signing up for this SKU.

Dear Valued Customer,

This email is being sent in response to your request to be notified with availability updates for product 10G-P5-3898-KL and this product was marked as being in stock on 6/20/2022 at 12:03 PM PST.

Please use the unique URL to complete your purchase. Due to this being a limited supply product you have 20 hours to complete your purchase from the time this product was marked in stock; if your purchase is not complete within 20 hours of this product being marked in stock, the product will become unavailable and you will need to enter the notify queue again.

Please Note : You must be logged into the EVGA website and your profile email address MUST match the address that you used to sign up for notify.

When the market is saturated with all those cards that have a billion hours of run time on them - Im curious how that is going to effect pricing of the new shit. Im almost positive there is going to be a huge amount of people that dont know any better buying up all of them.

They shouldn’t give them a dime for that burned out trash. It’s like the assholes who intentionally bought up all the toilet paper in 2020 in order to resell it at a premium

Daidraco

Ever since I put my PC and my g/f's PC in the same room - I started thinking about ways to pipe that heat outside or something. When we were both playing new world, you can imagine what a 3090 and a 2070 Super can do to a room when that game wasnt coded worth a fuck and we had to manually throttle.

I'd consider the over kill solution that server rooms use to get rid of heat, but I just laugh at myself for even thinking about it.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I could imagine making something with that flexible 5" 6" dryer hose they have with a squirrel cage fan blowing through both compters and out with another piece going outside. Im sure something could be made to push a big volume of air in and out of the computers.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I've had a wall AC unit in every room with my gaming rig for decades. It more than pays for it by not having to super cool the rest of the house. I have a 3950x & a 3080ti in my current rig in the middle of the desert and it's nice and cool.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Ever since I put my PC and my g/f's PC in the same room - I started thinking about ways to pipe that heat outside or something. When we were both playing new world, you can imagine what a 3090 and a 2070 Super can do to a room when that game wasnt coded worth a fuck and we had to manually throttle.

I'd consider the over kill solution that server rooms use to get rid of heat, but I just laugh at myself for even thinking about it.
Mini split. I knew a guy who poked holes in his wall and kept the computers in the other room.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I've had a wall AC unit in every room with my gaming rig for decades. It more than pays for it by not having to super cool the rest of the house. I have a 3950x & a 3080ti in my current rig in the middle of the desert and it's nice and cool.
Ive thought about that. Is it pointless if you dont keep the door to the room shut though?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Ive thought about that. Is it pointless if you dont keep the door to the room shut though?
Depends. If you've got enough airflow for it to be pointless, you probably don't need the AC unit.

Other option, for those with basements, is to move the rig there. Bonus points if you move the rig but keep the monitor and keyboard upstairs.

• 1Galaxy Brain

Daidraco

Depends. If you've got enough airflow for it to be pointless, you probably don't need the AC unit.

Other option, for those with basements, is to move the rig there. Bonus points if you move the rig but keep the monitor and keyboard upstairs.
As in placing the PC's right at the roof of the basement and running the wires within a couple meters? Or doing that long distance HDMI and USB type of shit? I thought about putting the desktops into the stair well and doing an HD Wireless signal and a wireless USB system, but not only are the good ones expensive - but they apparently still have some type of latency issues. Spending that much money and then finding out that always made me hesitant to pull the trigger.

Fucker

Log Wizard
As in placing the PC's right at the roof of the basement and running the wires within a couple meters? Or doing that long distance HDMI and USB type of shit? I thought about putting the desktops into the stair well and doing an HD Wireless signal and a wireless USB system, but not only are the good ones expensive - but they apparently still have some type of latency issues. Spending that much money and then finding out that always made me hesitant to pull the trigger.
Vornado makes some pretty good fans if you don't have a fan already. They move a lot of air on low settings without being loud.

Mini split still the best long term solution. Stand alone AC units are loud.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

Can't you cut a hole in the wall and use some duct work to channel it outside? Like a dryer.

That's wild.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Vornado makes some pretty good fans if you don't have a fan already. They move a lot of air on low settings without being loud.

Mini split still the best long term solution. Stand alone AC units are loud.
I bought one of these mofos

It's on right now. My PC is louder. Wide ass open it might sound like your neighbor across the street is cutting grass in his back yard... maybe. A minisplit would actually be louder with the fan noise.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
HDMI/USB can go quite a ways without issues. I did this once to hook my gaming PC to my TV in a different room. I wouldn't do wireless for latency reasons.

Good thing about moving it to your basement is more heat will sink into the earth instead of being displaced by your AC. But it's probably a modest change to your total electricity bill.

• 1Like