NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Whats your review of a 48” versus 27” or 32”? Is it not overwhelming?
There's a 42 inch version too.

There's also a 43 inch Samsung TV that can go to 144hz, and has built-in options to convert to an ultrawide format, and you can even move the black bars on the ultrawide format in case you want the image to run along the top or bottom rather than centered vertically.

The 42 inch version of the LG OLED has comparable PPI to 1440P 27 inch displays, so just imagine one of those that's much larger.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
There's a 42 inch version too.

There's also a 43 inch Samsung TV that can go to 144hz, and has built-in options to convert to an ultrawide format, and you can even move the black bars on the ultrawide format in case you want the image to run along the top or bottom rather than centered vertically.

The 42 inch version of the LG OLED has comparable PPI to 1440P 27 inch displays, so just imagine one of those that's much larger.

Amazon doesn’t sell the 42”. I’d also hate to buy the 42”, love it, and wish I’d gotten the 48”.

• 1Slow
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Just grabbed the 48” C1 off Amazon. Guess I’ll find out how it hits.
Why would you get the older model?

Here's the C2 42" reviewed as a monitor:

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Why would you get the older model?

Here's the C2 42" reviewed as a monitor:

I don’t mind being a year behind the curve for 50% off.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
RIP me. Just had two friends tell me they tried over 40” and couldn’t do it bc neck strain.

One dropped to 32” and the other went to UltraWide. Now I’m nervous!

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Just had two friends tell me they tried over 40” and couldn’t do it bc neck strain.
Of course you need to be a chad with trained neck muscles. You also need to have trained wrists to move the mouse from one corner of the screen to the other.

TSM8C.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
RIP me. Just had two friends tell me they tried over 40” and couldn’t do it bc neck strain.

One dropped to 32” and the other went to UltraWide. Now I’m nervous!
Where are you going to put it? I ended up mounting my to a wall behind my desk which is ~1' off the wall. Works great even for desktop apps as those usually aren't run full screen (browser, text apps etc..). I had an ultrawide and much prefer the C1 to it.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Where are you going to put it? I ended up mounting my to a wall behind my desk which is ~1' off the wall. Works great even for desktop apps as those usually aren't run full screen (browser, text apps etc..). I had an ultrawide and much prefer the C1 to it.

I’m hoping your and Xexx experience proves to be accurate for me.

It’s going on my desk that is 4’ x 5’, but there’s also the option to wall mount it, so it could be 4’ and some change away from me.

How far away is optimal seating?

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Of course you need to be a chad with trained neck muscles. You also need to have trained wrists to move the mouse from one corner of the screen to the other.

TSM8C.jpg

Hopefully I’ve got enough settings on my mouse to prevent carpal tunnel.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Some bad posture noodle necks if they are getting strain.

EkqssEYnBr-1.png

I sit around 4' away with eye line near mid screen 50+ hours a week between work/gaming. Never any issues in over a year+.

gryphawk

Trakanon Raider
Have been running a 55" (yeah it says it it in the model #...) Samsung QE55Q80T for the last 20 months as PC monitor. Sat at the back of my desk, it's roughly 42" away from me, and screen fills the entirety of my vision just right, no neck strain.

It has run 24x7 for the duration and no image retention - QLED rather than OLED. Have OLED for movie and TV viewing in another room.

• 1Like