NZBMatrix is dead. What now?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lol Fserves. Those were awesome! I remember them well, and the credits and stuff you would try and build up so you could get more stuff.

Maul

Dental Dammer
Be keen on the idea of a private indexer here if anyone has the know how, Like others only really interested in TV Shows and Audiobooks.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
Hah, I vaguely remember going into IRC and trying to get the equivalent of an nzb. I don't even recall what the app was called... but I downloaded like 4 seasons of the West Wing at 25kb/sec. I actually bought the VHS set of the first West Wing season - they wouldn't ship it on DVD - and they didn't have the second season available. Incentivized me enough to find a way to download the show.

kroenen

Regimen Morum
got NewzTown invites if anyone is interested , PM me your email.

Still got a few left for those who are interested...

TXjohnny

<Bronze Donator>
If you are still looking for an indexing site, take a look at this forum:

http://sickbeard.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=3

New sites are being created by some of these guys. They appear to want to stay small/under the radar type so I wouldn't expect them to be as good as nzbmatrix was. Still, you should be able to find a basic indexer.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Does anyone have an invite to GingaDaddy? I've heard it's the closest thing to NZBMatrix out there.

Would really appreciate a hook up. I'm near giving up on newsgroups and just going back to torrents (ugh) if I can't find a suitable replacement for NZBMatrix.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Any suggestions on a newsgroup service? I use Giganews but a lot of shows are being blasted off within a few hours of posting. Shirley there has to be a server situated in some third world country where copyright laws are ignored.

I just checked out tweaknews.eu after running into the same issue Shaky. I was able to pull down the most recent ep of Fringe via Tweaknews just now, whereas Astraweb had it deleted from their servers within an hour or two of it originally airing (and all subsequent posts of it were deleted as well). I'm in their trial phase atm but seems like they might be a good backup solution if you're stuck with an Astraweb sub like I am.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I just checked out tweaknews.eu after running into the same issue Shaky. I was able to pull down the most recent ep of Fringe via Tweaknews just now, whereas Astraweb had it deleted from their servers within an hour or two of it originally airing (and all subsequent posts of it were deleted as well). I'm in their trial phase atm but seems like they might be a good backup solution if you're stuck with an Astraweb sub like I am.
Yeah, let me know how it works out.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
Hmm, I haven't had problems getting my shows through Astraweb. I have Sickbeard set to use the Sickbeard NZB tracker and that seems to work fine.

I'd recommend buying block data, rather than a subscription. That way, you can buy some amount from two or three different providers (just make sure they don't just resell the same service). You can mark two as backups and sabnzbd will only use them if a file is not available on the main service.

That said, I'd also be very appreciative of a GingaDaddy invite. The site looks like a good nzbmatrix replacement.

edit: Might be worth getting a block with tweaknews just to diversify across countries.
wink.png

Soriak, the problem is primarily with movies but there are some issues with recent TV shows as well. Fringe is heavily monitored for one on Astraweb, and is removed almost immediately upon posting. DogNZB lists ~6 or so different versions of S05E11, and they're all removed from Astra's servers (posts range from 2 to 7 days ago). Not sure what else is affected as I've really only run into issues w/ Fringe, but I've heard of other shows being DCMA'd quickly and removed.

Candiarie_sl

shitlord
Hm. I don't download fringe so haven't had any issues. Castle, Justified, Archer, Modern Family, Daily Show and Colbert all downloaded fine from Astra this week. I use nzb.su for indexing and haven't had many problems. I'm interested in the idea of setting up my own indexer though.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
I just noticed 2 Broke Girls got pulled from Astra, but not tweaknews. The latter just became my backup server.
smile.png