Obi-Wan Kenobi

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The thing with the skeptics of that theory, myself included, is they would need to either hand-wave or change the way Ezra saved Ahsoka if they don't bring the World Between Worlds into the live action canon. As mentioned earlier, it's already explicitly canon, but you'd have to sell that to viewers who weren't immersed in Clone Wars fandom.

We'll see how it goes with the show. If they bring Ezra into live action they're definitely going to have to address it.
Could just say she wouldn't die without the intervention but would be permanently injured and not in any shape to do her role in guiding Mando/Grogu and her whole series plot.

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Well, Lucas and Filoni talked about it in public, at a comic con panel or something, back in 2017 so they can at least say they had this planned out long before the multiverse craze kicked in.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Obiwan has gotten even more drastic rework, going through three showrunners, switching from a multi-season series to a miniseries and a full rewrite and additional casting.

The Obi-wan production shutdown during filming is certainly not a strong selling point for me. They shouldn't have been rolling tape if they weren't confident in the scripts.

You don't just say "WOAH STOP" during actual filming of a series. That is supposed to be well sorted beforehand.

I know it was for the greater good and they reworked this show several times, allegedly for the benefit of the fans-- but it's forever tainted by the jackassery of it's production history. It shouldn't have been greenlit the first time if they didn't like the scripts.

It's a miracle if this isn't a hot mess of trash.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
The Obi-wan production shutdown during filming is certainly not a strong selling point for me. They shouldn't have been rolling tape if they weren't confident in the scripts.

You don't just say "WOAH STOP" during actual filming of a series. That is supposed to be well sorted beforehand.

I know it was for the greater good and they reworked this show several times, allegedly for the benefit of the fans-- but it's forever tainted by the jackassery of it's production history. It shouldn't have been greenlit the first time if they didn't like the scripts.

It's a miracle if this isn't a hot mess of trash.

I don't think all of that is true, or at least 100% accurate.

The primary change to the series came from them switching from movie to mini series after Solo didnt make enough money, which could be good (more time to tell the story) or bad (more filler).

The shut down that happened was prior to any filming, they had begun to assemble a crew, but nothing had been shot. The reason given was that the show was too much like the Mandalorian, which tracks since the OG rumored Obi-Wan movie was gonna be about his time looking after Luke from afar.

The show being run by Deborah Chow at this point should be a positive, she directed 2 great episodes of Mando and spent a lot of time consulting with Filoni and learning to use that StageCraft tech.

Plus McGregor gave us a good Obi-Wan in the prequels despite hating every second of how much green screen they used, and apparently loved working in the magic dome.

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Hopefully Chow worked even more closely with Filoni then. I'm less worried about Andor since Rogue One had a ton of Rebels ideas brought to live action too. Not just Chopper and the Ghost but Saw Guerrera himself were all from the animated shows. Tony Gilroy and Gareth Edwards wrote the movie and Tony Gilroy is Andor's showrunner so if he was out to make a Rogue One prequel show he would work off the same material.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Is this a KK show or FF? I hope it's FF. KK can have andor and I won't care if it's garbage. I will care if obiwan is garbage.

spronk

FPS noob
Deborah Chow is the showrunner for Obi-Wan, she directed two of the higher rated Mandalorian episodes (chapter 3, chapter 7 ones involving grogu ofc). Favreau/Filoni aren't listed as EPs for Obi Wan although I'm sure they worked closely since Obi-Wan was filmed on the same sets as Book of Boba Fett and Mandalorian, in the Disney studios in LA.

Andor meanwhile was filmed in the UK.

it all is meaningless, Boba Fett sucked and Favreau wrote all the episodes and FIloni was EP for all 7 episodes (directed 1). Obi Wan could be great or it could be shit, won't know until it releases.

• 2Garbage
  • 1I Came
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
He'll be offworld for at least part of this. Won't spoil the plot more than that.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
it all is meaningless, Boba Fett sucked
There's a big difference between something sucking because it's a swing and a miss vs something sucking because everyone involved is part of a misandrist cult that hates the fanbase.

• 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
it all is meaningless, Boba Fett sucked and Favreau wrote all the episodes and FIloni was EP for all 7 episodes (directed 1). Obi Wan could be great or it could be shit, won't know until it releases.

thats real spit

spronk

FPS noob
well, at least we know what demo they are going after with this show

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Things started moving today.

FNaVgoCVEAAMjUW.jpg

fris

Vyemm Raider
My boys are 9 and 12. I finally showed them the prequels a few years ago, and that scene made both of them sit up. "Oh!, thats where 'hello there' is from!"

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Needs 50% more greys, But it's cool seeing an inquisitor in Live action, I assume we get more Mustafar/Vaders palace too.