Obi-Wan Kenobi

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
The thing to look out for is if they eventually just recast Luke. Maybe with Sebastian Stan or something. I don't think they'd ever contemplate making a whole series or even just a movie with a deepfaked Luke so if they're contemplating filling in those blanks in Luke's arc, which again I doubt they ever would, it would begin with a recast for a new ROTJ-era Luke actor.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The thing to look out for is if they eventually just recast Luke. Maybe with Sebastian Stan or something. I don't think they'd ever contemplate making a whole series or even just a movie with a deepfaked Luke so if they're contemplating filling in those blanks in Luke's arc, which again I doubt they ever would, it would begin with a recast for a new ROTJ-era Luke actor.
They just recast the guy standing in for Luke to make it easier for the face stuff. I don't think they will ever get a real replacement as long as Hamil is willing to do the voice stuff. Besides showing up randomly on the shows, I doubt we will ever get a new Luke based movie or series.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
They could recast him with a younger clone and still use hamil. Just do the series as a flashback narrated by older luke.

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
I doubt it- they will keep Hammil Luke and just use him sparingly.
That's the most likely approach. KK/Hidalgo will plumb the Obiwan/Andor era and maybe the High Republic era eventually and Favreau will keep developing the Filoniverse. Neither of which would require more than a deepfaked Luke for a few shots per season.

I meant if they had intentions of filling out that 20-year gap where Luke went bad, the first sign would be that they recast Luke's actor first, since it would be too prohibitive/difficult to make a Luke series or movie with a digital Luke.

• 1Rustled

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
They just recast the guy standing in for Luke to make it easier for the face stuff. I don't think they will ever get a real replacement as long as Hamil is willing to do the voice stuff. Besides showing up randomly on the shows, I doubt we will ever get a new Luke based movie or series.
Damn dude never say never, this is fucking Disney. Uncanny valley is there now but in 20 more years? Hell, 50? We may all be dead but our grandkids or greatgrandkids will be watching Indiana Jones XXII starring the ghost of Harrison Ford. I take the polar opposite stance and say rather than never, it is guaran-fuckingteed to happen...

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
His voice was completely faked in Mando and sounds like it was in boba Fett.

• 1Like

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Let's see how many episodes actually have Obi-Wan in it.

It's billed as a limited series, IE: one short season so he's probably in all of it.

I'm guessing we won't actually see too much of Tattooine except for intro/outro stuff and that most of the show will be about Obiwan's youth and his time with Anakin. Hayden Christensen's casting has already been confirmed but nothing about Liam Neeson so I guess we won't be seeing/hearing him this time. Unless they're keeping that a secret they'd have to credit Liam even if they just use his voice.

If this was on the Filoni side, we'd see a lot of Obiwan's Clone Wars canon come to live action, which is A LOT. We'd even see him on Mandalore and falling in love with Satine Kryze (Starbuck's sister in Mandalorian) and successfully avoiding the attachment trap unlike his padawan. But it's Kathleen Kennedy so probably not.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
If this was on the Filoni side, we'd see a lot of Obiwan's Clone Wars canon come to live action, which is A LOT. We'd even see him on Mandalore and falling in love with Satine Kryze (Starbuck's sister in Mandalorian) and successfully avoiding the attachment trap unlike his padawan. But it's Kathleen Kennedy so probably not.
Well they just cast the Grand Inquisitor from the Rebels show. So some of the Filoni stuff is going to be in there.

• 1Like

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
It would be pretty mind-blowing if they use the Obiwan and Andor shows as vehicles to further canonize Clone Wars and Rebels ideas. If they actually do that, it would put to bed all the stories about the factional civil war within Lucasfilm.

Although I suppose it would still make sense that Andor and Obiwan are closer to Favreau/Filoni's wheelhouse, since KK was all in on replacing the OG SW stuff and moving on with her High Republic era nonsense.

• 1Jonesing

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I have faith in Ewan to polish this turd, just like he did with the prequels.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
It would be pretty mind-blowing if they use the Obiwan and Andor shows as vehicles to further canonize Clone Wars and Rebels ideas. If they actually do that, it would put to bed all the stories about the factional civil war within Lucasfilm.

Although I suppose it would still make sense that Andor and Obiwan are closer to Favreau/Filoni's wheelhouse, since KK was all in on replacing the OG SW stuff and moving on with her High Republic era nonsense.

considering this show HAS to take place before the OT wtf else can they do with it? same goes for Andor.

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
How do you further canonize something that's already explicitly been declared canon?
Mostly by bringing it into a live action show, I suppose. Ahsoka's owl and the loth cats were already in Mando. They could stick to simply bringing even more Filoni characters into live action (like Embo, the charactor Filoni himself voiced) or they could go all the way to the World Between Worlds timey-wimey thing, which a lot of people think can open the way to retconning the JJ Abrams sequels.

considering this show HAS to take place before the OT wtf else can they do with it? same goes for Andor.

That's the question. I have no idea what they're doing with Obiwan and Andor. Favreau and Filoni aren't involved in it and Kathleen Kennedy was supposed to be nursing her Acolyte and High Republic stuff and avoiding the OG properties.

Andor has already gone through two showrunners, with the current one being the co-writer of Rogue One. Obiwan has gotten even more drastic rework, going through three showrunners, switching from a multi-season series to a miniseries and a full rewrite and additional casting.

Last edited:

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm sticking to Ezra already retconning the JJ timeline by saving Ahsoka. Change my mind.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm sticking to Ezra already retconning the JJ timeline by saving Ahsoka. Change my mind.
The thing with the skeptics of that theory, myself included, is they would need to either hand-wave or change the way Ezra saved Ahsoka if they don't bring the World Between Worlds into the live action canon. As mentioned earlier, it's already explicitly canon, but you'd have to sell that to viewers who weren't immersed in Clone Wars fandom.

We'll see how it goes with the show. If they bring Ezra into live action they're definitely going to have to address it.