Obi-Wan Kenobi

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It wasn't the lighsaber fight or Obi-Wan going Super Saiyan with a thousand rocks or Darth Vader unmasked, it was the 1 minute scene of Obi Wan and Darth just talking, the two acting their asses off, and you can feel how FUCKED up Obi-Wan feels about the whole thing while Anakin is just fueled by hate and rage, made slogging through 6 episodes of mostly bullshit worth it.

I'm sure in the future someone will recut this entire series into a single short movie, no Reva or Leia silly scenes, and it'll be a nice little 20 minute addition to Revenge of the Sith

well, he had several opportunities to kill OB1. he could have killed him on the mining planet, he let him get away. he could have pulled the transport back on the ground at the rebel base and killed OB1, he let him get away. he could have blasted him in space or pulled the transport in with a tractor beam or sent out tie fighters . he had the upper hand in their final duel to kill OB1, he opted out not to cut him in half when OB1 barrel rolled or did a spin or switched lightsaber from one hand to the other behind his back. he had the chance kill OB1 when he buried him with boulders, but he walked away. so many missed chances. he wasnt that angry. he was just a dumb bitch who wanted to "win" the argument. Vader was pathetic. and OB1 was so retarded with his force powers declining and then getting turboboosted at the final moments (when it wouldnt have been OP, because if he had those abilities at any other time it would not give females the chance to save the day.) when he thought of Leia. flashy lightsabers is always cool. i give it that, but again it was just stupid and OB1 letting Vader escape when he should have put him out of his misery and saved billions of lives in the future was a unforgivable mistake. if OB1 had just stayed on Tattooine as a hermit til Luke crossed his path, then yeah that could be forgiven, but him knowing what a monster Vader had become and still letting him slide was unbelievable.

but whatever, everyone says i should not ask questions, consume product and get hyped for next product. totally worth it. lol

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
if OB1 had just stayed on Tattooine as a hermit til Luke crossed his path, then yeah that could be forgiven, but him knowing what a monster Vader had become and still letting him slide was unbelievable.

I always thought this Jedi stance was utter chickenshit.

He couldn't kill Darth Vader because then Ben would slide towards the dark side yet he's totally fine with him then going on to commit untold atrocities because that was Vader's choice right?

We need more Mace Windu, he'd have just cut the motherfucker in half and justified it as a mercy killing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
this is more of a generic sci-fi gripe in general, but holy fuck how lucky they are to run across planets that are sustainable to human life so often!

I thought this exact thing as Vader was walking up to Obi-Wan.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I want to be there with you, I really do, but they fucked vader up. If anyone actually should have been whacked by Vader it was Reva. Give me any reasonable explanation, based on what we know about a guy that chokes motherfuckers out over a video screen for making his life slightly more difficult, as to why both he AND the Grand Inquisitor let her live after her betrayals?

She's black y'all. She's blackity blackity black y'all.

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
I think when I look at this show I see disappointment in what could have been. And mostly this is because it feels like the caretakers of this IP just don't have the same level of love or attention to detail (this also could be budgetary maybe?) to telling a good story in this IP. Maybe this is a function of streaming services and how they monetize, like Red Letter Media talks about but I'm not sure.

They had a formula for an entertaining show, with an already calculated out (and likely cheaper because of re-use now) budget per episode from the Mandalorian. They had a good starting premise from Ep3 for what Obi-Wan should be doing (Look over Luke and commune with Qui-Gon) and somehow that turned into something completely else. It annoys me that there was much more Jedi lore / backstory shown in Mandolorian than this show which is ridiculous.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It wasn't the lighsaber fight or Obi-Wan going Super Saiyan with a thousand rocks or Darth Vader unmasked, it was the 1 minute scene of Obi Wan and Darth just talking, the two acting their asses off, and you can feel how FUCKED up Obi-Wan feels about the whole thing while Anakin is just fueled by hate and rage, made slogging through 6 episodes of mostly bullshit worth it.

I'm sure in the future someone will recut this entire series into a single short movie, no Reva or Leia silly scenes, and it'll be a nice little 20 minute addition to Revenge of the Sith
more like 10 minutes, and that's being generous by including the entire duels, which don't really matter, just demonstrates how great hayden christensen was acting.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Ok, finally saw the last episode which I thought was pretty good. Overall the show wasn’t that great although I kinda like what they attempted to for the most and why certain decisions were made, even if the execution was bad.

The idea of a broken Obi-Wan is one I totally can get behind, it’s totally fitting for the character at this point in his life. Using Leia to get Obi-Wan off Tattoine on an adventure was a decent idea although it made the original series feel weird as Leia doesn’t seem to know him at all other than someone who helped her father during the clone wars. It made sense using her though since at that point there’s no way Ben would abandon Luke. The story with her dragged on though and wasn‘t very good.

Having the inquisitors was cool, and made sense since know they exist during that time period thanks to Rebels, and they were hunting Jedi. They were for the most poorly used though, and just an excuse to introduce Reva. Again, I thought a surviving youngling wanting revenge was an interesting idea, it suffered like a lot of the show from poor writing, unlike some other part where the acting of Ewan, Hayden and some of the other made it tolerable…Reva actress wasn’t very good and couldn’t make the poor material she had better. Her act was ok, her not wanting to become like Vader at the by not killing a child was cool to be honest.

So at the end of the day, there was a decent idea at the core of the show but pretty badly executed. Ending redeemed part of the show but it was still pretty bad overall.

I‘ll say this though, they played some of the original music in some places…and no matter how bad what is happening on screen, it still gives me goosebumps. I could listen to the Star Wars soundtrack and watching paint dry would be emotional. :)

Waiting for Andor next, strange but it might the show I was least interested in when it was announced and I somehow think it might end up being one of the better one..,bar is pretty low though I’ll admit.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Finally watching this now with the family. On episode 4 and man does this show suck.

Fuck you Disney.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Show was bad, but not aggressively bad like most star wars stuff has been recently, so I guess this show is... Not horrible? I mean it toed the line at some points, but it managed to earn itself a square 5.0/10. I don't want more, but I guess I'll take it if this is the best they can do, and jesus christ it might be if mando is just a fluke.

• 1Seriously?

spronk

FPS noob
Obi-Wan taught us the true meaning of Star Wars. Its not good vs evil, light vs dark, the hero's journey, or how one person can rise above their abilities.

Its that when you have the opportunity to kill your mortal enemy, you must turn around and walk away.

• 1Worf

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
This was a pointless waste of time. This could have been a movie, and not a particularly long one either.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
The Leia angle feels cheap and lazy. There are countless other adventures Kenobi could have gone on that in no way shape or form messed with canon. Also, the Vader vs Kenobi fight was pure retard.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
The Leia angle feels cheap and lazy. There are countless other adventures Kenobi could have gone on that in no way shape or form messed with canon. Also, the Vader vs Kenobi fight was pure retard.

Sure but girls have to get it done, and the Force is Female. So Leia.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This was a pointless waste of time. This could have been a movie, and not a particularly long one either.

Disney could have released another commercial failure in the vein of a Solo or Episode 9. Wouldn't be anything new.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Disney could have released another commercial failure in the vein of a Solo or Episode 9. Wouldn't be anything new.
the Adventures of Han Solo could have worked because he was at least ten years older than Luke and Leia and he has no movie canon pre ANH. less things to be ruined. him and chewie slaying strange pussy across the galaxy. him capping faggot bounty hunters who think they have an easy prize. him hauling strange and dangerous cargo. him killing motherfuckers who get in his way. i mean if Disney did it it would be Han Solo getting pegged by every female of every species that he meets and him not killing anyone because a female is saving him from every situation.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
the Adventures of Han Solo could have worked because he was at least ten years older than Luke and Leia and he has no movie canon pre ANH. less things to be ruined. him and chewie slaying strange pussy across the galaxy. him capping faggot bounty hunters who think they have an easy prize. him hauling strange and dangerous cargo. him killing motherfuckers who get in his way.

Doesn't sound like that includes a Message.

i mean if Disney did it it would be Han Solo getting pegged by every female of every species that he meets and him not killing anyone because a female is saving him from every situation.

That's better.

• 1Solidarity

Xevy

Log Wizard
This show is for kids and most of us are adults. It's shitty because it's probably A+ for kids. Star Wars is a kids product and always has been, it just had offshoots that were more adult themed like the EU and Rogue One, but the standard, default Star Wars show is going to be made for kids.

Of course they're going to be mediocre/terrible.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i don't think that's a good excuse for mediocrity. there are plenty of stories, shows and movies for kids that are just great stories. obviously there's a ton of awful ones too, but we shouldn't be giving them a pass just because they are aimed at a younger audience

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
This show is for kids and most of us are adults. It's shitty because it's probably A+ for kids. Star Wars is a kids product and always has been, it just had offshoots that were more adult themed like the EU and Rogue One, but the standard, default Star Wars show is going to be made for kids.

Of course they're going to be mediocre/terrible.
I could see a kid liking it. It’s pretty mediocre show in a lot of ways… but was definitely better than boba fatt. Not aggressive bad is better than most Star Wars content so ehh, I’ll rate it as a relative win. 4/10