Obi-Wan Kenobi

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This show is for kids and most of us are adults. It's shitty because it's probably A+ for kids. Star Wars is a kids product and always has been, it just had offshoots that were more adult themed like the EU and Rogue One, but the standard, default Star Wars show is going to be made for kids.

Of course they're going to be mediocre/terrible.
that was Lucas's excuse for shitty TPM and then he made RotS PG-13. this show was way too dark for kids, first episode, sheboon sliced off white girl's hand for no reason.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
well, he had several opportunities to kill OB1. he could have killed him on the mining planet, he let him get away. he could have pulled the transport back on the ground at the rebel base and killed OB1, he let him get away. he could have blasted him in space or pulled the transport in with a tractor beam or sent out tie fighters . he had the upper hand in their final duel to kill OB1, he opted out not to cut him in half when OB1 barrel rolled or did a spin or switched lightsaber from one hand to the other behind his back. he had the chance kill OB1 when he buried him with boulders, but he walked away. so many missed chances. he wasnt that angry. he was just a dumb bitch who wanted to "win" the argument. Vader was pathetic. and OB1 was so retarded with his force powers declining and then getting turboboosted at the final moments (when it wouldnt have been OP, because if he had those abilities at any other time it would not give females the chance to save the day.) when he thought of Leia. flashy lightsabers is always cool. i give it that, but again it was just stupid and OB1 letting Vader escape when he should have put him out of his misery and saved billions of lives in the future was a unforgivable mistake. if OB1 had just stayed on Tattooine as a hermit til Luke crossed his path, then yeah that could be forgiven, but him knowing what a monster Vader had become and still letting him slide was unbelievable.

but whatever, everyone says i should not ask questions, consume product and get hyped for next product. totally worth it. lol
If obi killed Vader , who was going to kill the emperor. Only Vader could do that .

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
If obi killed Vader , who was going to kill the emperor. Only Vader could do that .
Vader was dying, why do you think Emperor wanted Luke? he explicitly told him after Vader got WTFpwned, "take your father's place by my side"
Vader's life support system was only prolonging his death.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Vader was dying, why do you think Emperor wanted Luke? he explicitly told him after Vader got WTFpwned, "take your father's place by my side"
This is one of my favorite moments of the OT. My take: Luke was more powerful than Vader, not that he was dying. Luke was going to be an Upgrade for Palpatine. Vader was "more machine than man" and it limited his interaction with the Force: He was still powerful but not what he once was. It wasn't until that last burst of Force Lightning that Vader's respirator was shot. It was the Rule of Two in action. When Vader picked up the Emperor, he did himself in, as all that Force Lightning blew out his already damaged body. Vader: "Luke, take off this mask. Before I die, I want to see you with my own eyes." Luke: "You're not going to die, I'm going to save you." Vader: "You already have."

So great. That moment has meant so much to me since 1983. I keep coming back to it as of my favorites, one of the real true moment of Star Wars. Luke making the shot on the Death Star. Vader revealing to Luke he's his father. Vader and Luke after the Defeat of the Emperor. Priceless moments that shaped one generation and probably more.

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
For a kid show, 3 of the 6 episodes really had nothing happen in them.

I still don't understand why Reva was going after Luke at the end?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This is one of my favorite moments of the OT. My take: Luke was more powerful than Vader, not that he was dying. Luke was going to be an Upgrade for Palpatine. Vader was "more machine than man" and it limited his interaction with the Force: He was still powerful but not what he once was. It wasn't until that last burst of Force Lightning that Vader's respirator was shot. It was the Rule of Two in action. When Vader picked up the Emperor, he did himself in, as all that Force Lightning blew out his already damaged body. Vader: "Luke, take off this mask. Before I die, I want to see you with my own eyes." Luke: "You're not going to die, I'm going to save you." Vader: "You already have."

So great. That moment has meant so much to me since 1983. I keep coming back to it as of my favorites, one of the real true moment of Star Wars. Luke making the shot on the Death Star. Vader revealing to Luke he's his father. Vader and Luke after the Defeat of the Emperor. Priceless moments that shaped one generation and probably more.
People always say ESB is the best movie in the trilogy but I love ROTJ. It's one of the best examples of parallel storytelling in any sci-fi movie, where you have shit happening out in space with the rebel fleet, down on Endor with Leia, Han, R2D2 and C3P0, and on the Death Star with Luke, Vader and Palpatine, and it's all sequenced, paced and edited so well.

This is in contrast to Rogue One where they had that stupid beachhead stuff happening which just took away from what was going on inside the base with the main characters.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
People always say ESB is the best movie in the trilogy but I love ROTJ. It's one of the best examples of parallel storytelling in any sci-fi movie, where you have shit happening out in space with the rebel fleet, down on Endor with Leia, Han, R2D2 and C3P0, and on the Death Star with Luke, Vader and Palpatine, and it's all sequenced, paced and edited so well.

This is in contrast to Rogue One where they had that stupid beachhead stuff happening which just took away from what was going on inside the base with the main characters.
Return Of The Jedi is a mixed bag, the stuff between humans is incredible and the effects are fantastic, what lets it down is how fucking stupid the Ewoks are. to my knowledge NOBODY liked them in the movie. i was 11 going on 12, i was still the target audience for that kind of stuff. i even liked smurfs. the Eowks was so out of place and cringe that it knocks the film a few pegs where its just really good and not an outstanding finale of one of the greatest trilogies in cinematic history. all so George can sell some fucking merch.

also that they went with a Death Star 2.0 was lazy. couldnt you think of something else in 6 years, George?

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Return Of The Jedi is a mixed bag, the stuff between humans is incredible and the effects are fantastic, what lets it down is how fucking stupid the Ewoks are. to my knowledge NOBODY liked them in the movie. i was 11 going on 12, i was still the target audience for that kind of stuff. i even liked smurfs. the Eowks was so out of place and cringe that it knocks the film a few pegs where its just really good and not an outstanding finale of one of the greatest trilogies in cinematic history. all so George can sell some fucking merch.
I always thought the Ewoks represented how even retarded teddybearmen could stand up to help defeat the Empire if they acted together. I love when the Ewoks fuck up those AT-STs. Much like the Smurfs it was kind of a Marxist allegory, lol.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I always thought the Ewoks represented how even retarded teddybearmen could stand up to help defeat the Empire if they acted together. I love when the Ewoks fuck up those AT-STs. Much like the Smurfs it was kind of a Marxist allegory, lol.
the empire could have just napalmed that whole area and their little booby traps wouldnt have done jack. its also kind of a plothole because the ewoks were terrified of C-3P0 but were willing to take on actual dangerous robots in a skilled manner. eh it was just a movie at the end of the day. other stuff was cool, but the Ewoks left a lot to be desired.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
The point is there was no one that could face the emperor in a direct confrontation, yoda tried at peak power and failed. It had to come from a sith, who then was converted back to the light by his son. By sith meaning “ally” Palps guard was down.

it’s the only way it could have happened

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The point is there was no one that could face the emperor in a direct confrontation, yoda tried at peak power and failed. It had to come from a sith, who then was converted back to the light by his so n.

it’s the only way it could have happened
i think Master Yoda was so revered because he was a teacher. he taught many students how to be a Jedi, but i dont think he was on the same power level as even Count Dukuu. there is that line in TPM where OB1 says that 'Anakin has a higher midichlorian level than even Master Yoda', but i think by the time Vader came around, Yoda was pretty damned old and just wasnt up to the task anymore. thats why he noped out and went to retire on Dagoba.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yall must not remember Ep 3 very well. Yoda was was clearly stronger than Sidious but took a nasty fall when they got blown apart during the fight in the Senate chamber.

• 1Like

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
i think Master Yoda was so revered because he was a teacher. he taught many students how to be a Jedi, but i dont think he was on the same power level as even Count Dukuu. there is that line in TPM where OB1 says that 'Anakin has a higher midichlorian level than even Master Yoda', but i think by the time Vader came around, Yoda was pretty damned old and just wasnt up to the task anymore. thats why he noped out and went to retire on Dagoba.
Ya anakin was the only one that could possibly take down Sidiius . the whole mace windu victory over Palps was a facade to turn anakin .

Star Wars wouldn’t be Star Wars without it’s flaws , someone earlier in thread pointed out Star Wars was always for kids . That is very true and while the original trilogy was so creative and groundbreaking, to me it was an introduction to a universe that had me mystified, it always felt so big, kind of Tolkien-esque. and the draw was how much Lucas put into the background of it all.

that’s a piece that’s missing since Lucas sold it and certainly will not be recaptured by telling stories within his creation, the creation itself provided magic .

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
the whole mace windu victory over Palps was a facade to turn anakin .
Aside from the part where George Lucas said that Mace Windu legitimately defeated him?

Also it's funny how Filoni can tell a different story with the exact same words that Kennedy used. Vader says the same shit to Ahsoka that he said to Obi-Wan (I killed Anakin), and she did almost the exact same damage to his helmet, but he didn't seem diminished afterwards in Rebels like he does in Kenobi.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Aside from the part where George Lucas said that Mace Windu legitimately defeated him?

Also it's funny how Filoni can tell a different story with the exact same words that Kennedy used. Vader says the same shit to Ahsoka that he said to Obi-Wan (I killed Anakin), and she did almost the exact same damage to his helmet, but he didn't seem diminished afterwards in Rebels like he does in Kenobi.
Ha , I just read something from Ian mcdirmid saying the Sidiius / Windu fight was a facade . When/where did Lucas say that ?

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Yoda was clearly more skilled with a lightsaber and more powerful with the Force than Dooku. I think it was close between Sidious and Yoda on both fronts, it could have gone either way but indeed the fall was the difference(?) Sidious got the upper hand and Yoda knew he would never get another chance. "Into Exile I must go". With Windu, Sidious was the more powerful Force user but Windu was the more skilled saber fighter and had Sidious dead to rights; Anakin coming in gave Sidious an opening that he took full advantage of. I think the Force Lightning damage Sidious took was intentional but I think Windu legit beat him in that moment. It very well could have worked out the other way, too but Sidious as all powerful is way less interesting to me.

For RotJ, I hated the Ewoks in the theater, I was 12, fuck those muppets. Everything on the planet that involved people was OK, muppets sucked, On the Death Star/in space was awesome. Lucas going back to the well with Death Star 2.0 was meh but why reinvent the wheel if your wheel is awesome. It was a little disappointing at the time but everything else was so great that no one cared, really. The Luke/Vader stuff had so evolved, so much growth it was really incredible at the time. Here was Darth Vader, the baddest MFer in the galaxy, and there was someone HE was subservient to? God the Emperor was so awesome in 1983. I've written about it before but when Vader threatens to turn Leia, and Luke shouts "NEVER!!!" the music swells, I am forever a wide-eyed kid in Beaumont, TX watching that for the first time. It's just...so affecting to me still. It's dumb given that it's not Shakespeare but these movies are not classic literature but it is very archetypal. We have seen Luke the Naive Farmboy who wanted to go to Toshi Station with his friends (pour one out for Biggs!) to get some power converters become Luke the Jedi Knight, meet and surpass and redeem his father, confront the Emperor, Destroy a Death Star, and defeat the Galactic Empire. An Empire which everyone said later was the Nazis but to me as a kid, the only Empire I knew that wanted to blow up a planet was The Soviet Empire.

Star Wars was not a Kids movie; the first time anyone said that was RotJ with the Ewoks. EVERYONE loved it. That was a huge point of contention around the prequels. There was a bunch of kiddie shit there that was never before in a Star Wars movie. Luke was on a Hero's Journey that appealed to all ages. The Toys, where Lucas made a mint, was all kids but the movies themselves weren't aimed at kids at all. Obi Wan seemingly more or less gets chopped down/disintegrated as we end the Second Act. How many Kid Shows pull THAT off? Lucas came out with a 9 year old protagonist (as opposed to 17+ year old Luke), pratfalling Jamaican aliens and farting camels and the rest is history.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yoda was clearly more skilled with a lightsaber and more powerful with the Force than Dooku. I think it was close between Sidious and Yoda on both fronts, it could have gone either way but indeed the fall was the difference(?) Sidious got the upper hand and Yoda knew he would never get another chance. "Into Exile I must go". With Windu, Sidious was the more powerful Force user but Windu was the more skilled saber fighter and had Sidious dead to rights; Anakin coming in gave Sidious an opening that he took full advantage of. I think the Force Lightning damage Sidious took was intentional but I think Windu legit beat him in that moment. It very well could have worked out the other way, too but Sidious as all powerful is way less interesting to me.

For RotJ, I hated the Ewoks in the theater, I was 12, fuck those muppets. Everything on the planet that involved people was OK, muppets sucked, On the Death Star/in space was awesome. Lucas going back to the well with Death Star 2.0 was meh but why reinvent the wheel if your wheel is awesome. It was a little disappointing at the time but everything else was so great that no one cared, really. The Luke/Vader stuff had so evolved, so much growth it was really incredible at the time. Here was Darth Vader, the baddest MFer in the galaxy, and there was someone HE was subservient to? God the Emperor was so awesome in 1983. I've written about it before but when Vader threatens to turn Leia, and Luke shouts "NEVER!!!" the music swells, I am forever a wide-eyed kid in Beaumont, TX watching that for the first time. It's just...so affecting to me still. It's dumb given that it's not Shakespeare but these movies are not classic literature but it is very archetypal. We have seen Luke the Naive Farmboy who wanted to go to Toshi Station with his friends (pour one out for Biggs!) to get some power converters become Luke the Jedi Knight, meet and surpass and redeem his father, confront the Emperor, Destroy a Death Star, and defeat the Galactic Empire. An Empire which everyone said later was the Nazis but to me as a kid, the only Empire I knew that wanted to blow up a planet was The Soviet Empire.

Star Wars was not a Kids movie; the first time anyone said that was RotJ with the Ewoks. EVERYONE loved it. That was a huge point of contention around the prequels. There was a bunch of kiddie shit there that was never before in a Star Wars movie. Luke was on a Hero's Journey that appealed to all ages. The Toys, where Lucas made a mint, was all kids but the movies themselves weren't aimed at kids at all. Obi Wan seemingly more or less gets chopped down/disintegrated as we end the Second Act. How many Kid Shows pull THAT off? Lucas came out with a 9 year old protagonist (as opposed to 17+ year old Luke), pratfalling Jamaican aliens and farting camels and the rest is history.
i was really just referring to Yoda when we saw him. i dont think that was his prime, his prime was probably 400 years earlier. he could have wiped up the floor with Palps or Vader. who knows, maybe both at once. by the time he faces Dukuu, he had a little more zest in him and Yoda was forced to do a bunch of hopping around to keep up with him which probably tired the fuck out of him. it looks like Siddious is fucking with Yoda, he isnt taking him very seriously. you can see Yoda on the defense the entire time and after the fall he just has that "i'm getting too old for this shit" expression and scoots. Siddious was way too powerful for him or anyone else during that moment.
also, they really made Yoda look like shit in the prequels

also also, George tried to retcon the OT into kiddie films by adding dumb shit years later. it was always an "all audiences" film it was never for kids until he did the prequels and that was a crutch for him being a corny fucker. most of that wasnt kid oriented. just corny characters thrown in, like Jar Jar.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Yall must not remember Ep 3 very well. Yoda was was clearly stronger than Sidious but took a nasty fall when they got blown apart during the fight in the Senate chamber.

"A nasty fall" beats best Jedi?

It was more like, at the bottom of the Senate chamber he was hit with the magnitude of his own failure. Realizing that a powerful Sith had been in front of him this entire time and now controlled the military as well as well as the Senate

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ha , I just read something from Ian mcdirmid saying the Sidiius / Windu fight was a facade . When/where did Lucas say that ?
Ep 3 commentary. McDiarmid may be referring to the way he plays possum after Windu beats him, but he definitely needs Anakin to save him from Mace.

• 1Like