Obi-Wan Kenobi

The Morrigan

Potato del Grande
Story is good. Dialogue is iffy at times. Director is not good. 3rd Sister was a miscast. She comes across as someone pretending to be evil instead of actually being evil.

The best acting comes from the legacy characters. Obi Wan, Bail, and Owen.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I actually like the Nogquisitor so far. She's doing the whole, "lust for power" and trying to catch Vader's eye thing pretty well. I fucking LOVED when she stabbed the Grand Inquisitor, because it's such a great portrayal of the Sith. I'm just waiting for the part where she's really the youngling from the opening scene and Obi-Wan "redeems" her.

The Inquisitors aren't Sith, they're little more than slaves to the Emperor and Vader. Kidnapping the daughter of an Imperial Senator and attempting to kill the Grand Inquisitor has probably signed her own death warrant, regardless of Vader's obsession.

I don't know if it's still canon or not but the Emperor used to chastise or sometimes even outright punish Vader for his continued obsession with hunting down the Jedi, believing that they were no longer a meaningful threat and that the Inquisitorius was more than enough to deal with whatever remained of them. I could see that tying into how this show/season ends, Obi-Wan ends up escaping because the Emperor demands Vader leave to deal with an issue he considers more pressing to the Empire.

She's still a shit actress either way though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Joggess is terrible, Leia is terrible. The rest is great.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Salty

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Just finished both episodes and found them very enjoyable. If this is just a Obi and Leia buddy cop show for 6 episodes, Im all for that. A lot more interesting than Obi being a peeping Tom and watching Luke from afar. Good cliffhanger at the end of episode 2, bastards making us wait until next week. But knowing how these shows have gone, they wont even touch on that until episode 3 or 4.

just glad monster of the week is over.

time to move on from that

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
yiwso79gzy191.gif

89yjxvt6x0291.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this show is pretty bad at times, the dialogue is the worst thing. they are rehashing lines from the OT and very poorly done. the black chick is absolutely abominable, and not because she's black even though thats why she got hired for the damned job. Baby Leia is cute, but she runs around too much and the little girl can barely run. the CGI is very good. Kumar was good, Jimmy Smits was good. Mcgregor was good. hell i didnt even mind Flea that much. now that they escaped, where is there to go? the next few episodes will tell how strong this show is. there is no Mando and Baby Yoda to save it this time. they gotta pull something out of their ass. and they are already retconning canon, so if thats what happens then this shit is done.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
And yeah, what in the fuck was that chick doing bouncing off walls like a pinball machine? She`s like 100 feet away from where the action is on the rooftops and spends like 10 minutes jumping around and when she finally gets there kenobi was long gone. That had to be the dumbest shit she did, moreso than cutting off some rando woman`s hand or killing her boss.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Also, if she was planning to lure Obi-Wan out of hiding - why did she move "an hour" away lol. Surely you would be in the same location as the girl, lol.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Also, if she was planning to lure Obi-Wan out of hiding - why did she move "an hour" away lol. Surely you would be in the same location as the girl, lol.
No shit, like at least close the cell door, trapping kenobi inside and then there is no urgency to hurry over.

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>

TBF Force users can feel eachother. The lore surrounding that is a little wonky but it does exist. Kenobi may have sensed Reva if she was too close and known it was a trap. The audience knows Kenobi likely woudn't have since he hasn't been touching the Force much it looks like but still.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
TBF Force users can feel eachother. The lore surrounding that is a little wonky but it does exist. Kenobi may have sensed Reva if she was too close and known it was a trap. The audience knows Kenobi likely woudn't have since he hasn't been touching the Force much it looks like but still.

Bro, they were literally metres from each other on Tatooine.

Also, on that note, if the Grand Inq let that tatooine Jedi go. Surely the point was to track him in case he lead them to other Jedi. But instead he meets up with Obi Wan undetected and is later caught off screen??

This was better than Mando, but like I said there's enough signs it's Disney star wars to eye roll

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
Bro, they were literally metres from each other on Tatooine.

Also, on that note, if the Grand Inq let that tatooine Jedi go. Surely the point was to track him in case he lead them to other Jedi. But instead he meets up with Obi Wan undetected and is later caught off screen??

This was better than Mando, but like I said there's enough signs it's Disney star wars to eye roll

Like I said the lore behind it is a little wonky but keeping others fro finding you with the Force is also a thing. It's why Luke was able to stay hid forever leading to the Rey's search for him. It has been mentioned in other source material as well. It also helps she didn't know Kenobi was on Tattoine. Also remember you know Kenobi's state as the audience. She does not. It's very clear that the Inquisiters place a heavy amount of respect on him likely instilled by Vader.

I want to stress that I get your point most casual audience members won't know the deep lore what the fuckeries of Star wars so shit that looks nonsensical has some level of reasoning that may or may not be intentional nods.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
this show is pretty bad at times, the dialogue is the worst thing. they are rehashing lines from the OT and very poorly done. the black chick is absolutely abominable, and not because she's black even though thats why she got hired for the damned job. Baby Leia is cute, but she runs around too much and the little girl can barely run. the CGI is very good. Kumar was good, Jimmy Smits was good. Mcgregor was good. hell i didnt even mind Flea that much. now that they escaped, where is there to go? the next few episodes will tell how strong this show is. there is no Mando and Baby Yoda to save it this time. they gotta pull something out of their ass. and they are already retconning canon, so if thats what happens then this shit is done.

compared to boba fett. the bar is low

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Like I said the lore behind it is a little wonky but keeping others fro finding you with the Force is also a thing. It's why Luke was able to stay hid forever leading to the Rey's search for him. It has been mentioned in other source material as well. It also helps she didn't know Kenobi was on Tattoine. Also remember you know Kenobi's state as the audience. She does not. It's very clear that the Inquisiters place a heavy amount of respect on him likely instilled by Vader.

I want to stress that I get your point most casual audience members won't know the deep lore what the fuckeries of Star wars so shit that looks nonsensical has some level of reasoning that may or may not be intentional nods.

You're saying she'd feel him if she was expecting him but not if she wasn't? Even though she'd already been portrayed as having some kind of empath telepathic ability?

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
The jogress is absolutely terrible

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users