Obi-Wan Kenobi

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
You're saying she'd feel him if she was expecting him but not if she wasn't? Even though she'd already been portrayed as having some kind of empath telepathic ability?

It's a degree of focus. Like if you're looking for your keys and you know exactly what room they are in you will spend all your time finding them there in that room. Every possible resting and hiding place is under scrutiny in that room. if you lose your keys and you can only narrow down to your house you won't run off to a single place and start scrutinizing every detail. You'll hit the most likely spots first and you'll narrow your search from there.

Her abilities to read emotion and intuit meaning from them are no different than when Vader read Luke or when Yoda read Anakin. This helps illustrate how emotionally raw Kenobi is at this point.

Bear in mind as well Vader didn't sense Obi-Wan when he was lowering the shields right away (in a New Hope). It wasn't until things started going sideways and Vader started paying attention that he notices Kenobi's presense.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Story is good. Dialogue is iffy at times. Director is not good. 3rd Sister was a miscast. She comes across as someone pretending to be evil instead of actually being evil.

The best acting comes from the legacy characters. Obi Wan, Bail, and Owen.

by design, it's Disney

Kylo Ren was another bum. Don't expect anything else unless the IP changes hands.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Leia figuring out she was kidnapped to lure out Obi Wan just from seeing his picture on the bounty hunters hologram was so lulzy. Such lazy, ridiculous writing.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Leia figuring out she was kidnapped to lure out Obi Wan just from seeing his picture on the bounty hunters hologram was so lulzy. Such lazy, ridiculous writing.
I thought she was fine up until that point, but no way a fucking 10 year old could ever connect those dots with as little information as she had.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
2.5 / 5. Story decent. Good to see some old characters. Looks amazing.

Some real uneven direction and couple of bad casts. Few too many insufferable kids. That woods scene with Leia escaping was straight outta Home Alone.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah they really aren't helping 3rd sister actress out by all the Inquisitors being some Hellraizer weirdos but she's just normal looking. Probably means she will switch sides. Bad choice either way.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Yeah they really aren't helping 3rd sister actress out by all the Inquisitors being some Hellraizer weirdos but she's just normal looking. Probably means she will switch sides. Bad choice either way.
I mean she's normal looking in that I think she's supposed to be human. The others aren't.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Fifth Brother and the Grand Inquisitor are both straight out of Rebels.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
. Probably means she will switch sides. Bad choice either way.

My thoughts were having her switch sides so they can spin her off into her own series is exactly what would Disney would do

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Here's a crazy thought. Maybe the actual reason her redemption seems so predictable is because that has been one of the most integral themes of Star Wars from the very beginning?

This show certainly isn't a masterpiece but it seems like some of you have gone past expecting it to be bad into outright wanting it to be bad.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That's how I felt about people trashing the dialogue.

Bad? Compared to what?

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This show certainly isn't a masterpiece but it seems like some of you have gone past expecting it to be bad into outright wanting it to be bad.
first time GIF

I honestly don't understand how half this forum makes it through life just utterly hating EVERYTHING about it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Here's a crazy thought. Maybe the actual reason her redemption seems so predictable is because that has been one of the most integral themes of Star Wars from the very beginning?

i never want Star Wars to be bad, i just expect it to be bad and its been bad for a long time. after 45+ years maybe stop running the same playbook in every series. even in the OT when the Death Star got blown up, they just build a new one expecting a different result.

• 1Solidarity

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
My thought was that they are trying to show that stuff as their way of saying Leia is force sensitive, and it's showing in her ability to intuit people's thoughts/intents?

I'm probably giving them entirely too much credit though.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My thought was that they are trying to show that stuff as their way of saying Leia is force sensitive, and it's showing in her ability to intuit people's thoughts/intents?

that's exactly what they are doing. combining padme's character with anakin's connection to the force and you get leia.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

what did she intuit when she was making out with her brother?
:p

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users