Octopath Traveler

Hadden

Trakanon Raider
Really looking forward to this one. It's been a loong time since I've enjoyed a JRPG and this demo drew me in 100%. Reminds me of FF6 in many ways, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

Fedor

<Banned>
Really looking forward to this one. It's been a loong time since I've enjoyed a JRPG and this demo drew me in 100%. Reminds me of FF6 in many ways, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

Project Final Fantasy 6: The Remake We Deserve / SwitchRPG - Nintendo Switch RPG Database

For years, fans (including myself) have begged Square-Enix for a real remake of Final Fantasy 6. Instead, we got a terrible mobile port/remake. As a life-long fan of Final Fantasy 6, when I first saw images of Octopath Traveler, the HD-2D graphics style immediately made me think of a real Final Fantasy 6 remake. This is an attempt to mix the styles of the two games together to give an idea of a modern-retro version of Final Fantasy 6 that still maintains the magic of the original game.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This is going to make going to sleep once I am in bed... Really hard lol

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
This game is great. Really enjoyed the first demo of it, and this one seems great as well.

For those that don't know the demo available now is the prologue to the game. Lets you pick and of the 8 characters and play for 3 hours, progress is saved for the full game.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Okay, fucking fine I'll buy a Switch.
Heh, that’s more or less where I’m at. I don’t even generally do JRPGs nowadays, but for whatever reason, this game intrigues me. Between this, Smash, and Mario Odyssey, I think I need to to cave and get a Switch.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I'll be happy to finally buy a third game for my Switch. Two issues though:

1) I really wish this had come out earlier in the year. With Battle for Azeroth, DQXI, and the weekend of Destiny in the next three months, I suspect I'll get 40% of the way through, drop for it for 6+ months, then have no idea where I was.

2) I'm still salty about whatever PS1 Saga game I played, which had unique starts and ends for each main character, but you spent the 80% in the middle doing the exact same dungeons and quests over and over. Having not played this beyond the first demo, is that structurally an issue with this too?

Calac Oakshield

Molten Core Raider
Is this really only playable on Switch? Like this is the type of game that got me into gaming, and which I haven't seen in YEARS, yet I am not going to buy a Switch just to play. I would assume at some point one will be able to play with a ROM?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is this really only playable on Switch? Like this is the type of game that got me into gaming, and which I haven't seen in YEARS, yet I am not going to buy a Switch just to play. I would assume at some point one will be able to play with a ROM?
When Nintendo pays for their exclusives they don't let go, they clutch that shit Gollum style until the very end.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah switch only release for now.