Office and gaming chairs

Mur

Trakanon Raider
I bought one of these, made by HON. It is the best chair I have had. Every other chair for big guys has cylinder failure within 3 months. This one just keeps truckin'. Super comfy too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I bought one of these, made by HON. It is the best chair I have had. Every other chair for big guys has cylinder failure within 3 months. This one just keeps truckin'. Super comfy too.

That looks like a similar style to my wifes which is comfy. If the Steelcase isn't magnificient I will try that.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I can agree with that once you break it in. It's "firm", and reviewers are not wrong for stating that the seat is firm. But they never say how firm it is-- and the reason is because it's just not that firm.

The Embody should be the closest thing to air you can get. I'm excited to hear about it from a non-VLOG advertiser. Very few people can justify that kind of dough on a chair. FOH might have quite a few individuals who can make the purchase, but near none that would actually go through with it. You are the chosen one.

The YouTube reviews are worthless, I don't care how unbiased they claim or whatever disclaimers they put out. The only feedback I trust is from a source that isn't putting on a production to "make a video"
Initial impressions are it's pretty comfortable. I wish it was a tad wider, but that's a me problem. It's very high quality. I would say it's probably not really worth as much money as it costs seeing how expensive it is, but we'll have to see how I feel after a good day of gaming.

Tirant

Golden Knight of the Realm
I followed Slippery's lead and got an Embody (also RIP dollars). Had it for 24 hours, first reaction after a ~3 hour session is that its very ergonomic (duh) but not as "comfortable" as I expected. Maybe after some use it'll conform to me a little better but while it feels very supportive and definitely better for my back than my previous chairs, I'm a little underwhelmed and I'd say its about the same as an Aeron so I don't understand the huge cost increase. Was really hoping for a more luxurious Aeron but it doesn't seem to be. Also I got the Sync fabric after reading reviews and its really weird. Feels like a basketball jersey.

As long as it keeps my back from getting sore I'll keep the chair, but would probably just recommend an Aeron due to the cost if you're going Herman Miller.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I followed Slippery's lead and got an Embody (also RIP dollars). Had it for 24 hours, first reaction after a ~3 hour session is that its very ergonomic (duh) but not as "comfortable" as I expected. Maybe after some use it'll conform to me a little better but while it feels very supportive and definitely better for my back than my previous chairs, I'm a little underwhelmed and I'd say its about the same as an Aeron so I don't understand the huge cost increase. Was really hoping for a more luxurious Aeron but it doesn't seem to be. Also I got the Sync fabric after reading reviews and its really weird. Feels like a basketball jersey.

As long as it keeps my back from getting sore I'll keep the chair, but would probably just recommend an Aeron due to the cost if you're going Herman Miller.

Aeron forces posture, first of all, and it also has a seat where you can't put your legs down or out at certain angles (even straight out can be a problem if you don't want to sit like a tight ass) . Its too ergonomic for posture.

The point of the Embody was to take some of the "features" out of the Aeron.

I think your read on the chair is premature.

• 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Initial impressions are it's pretty comfortable. I wish it was a tad wider, but that's a me problem. It's very high quality. I would say it's probably not really worth as much money as it costs seeing how expensive it is, but we'll have to see how I feel after a good day of gaming.

Time's up.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Time's up.
It's about what you'd expect. It's comfortable, it kind of forces good posture. I wish the arm rests where a fraction taller. Is it worth it? Probably not. The only way it gets it worth is in that it should last forever. I would probably not go the same route again. Don't get me wrong, it's a great chair, but it's not such a great chair that it is worth so much more than many other good chairs.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

My leap was not magnificent so I am returning it. Just ordered one of these to try. If it's great you are going on my Christmas card list.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’ve had my Aeron for a month now and glad I got it. Noticeable difference in pain level in my tailbone and legs. Can sit it in all day without being in “wtf I need to get away for a while” pain. It’s comfy enough I can sit in it when watching videos too but I didn’t like there was no headrest when leaning back. So I bought this and it’s fantastic.

It’s made to support at the neck and bottom of your skull so it doesn’t hurt my neck like normal headrests. So with this and the chair I’m at $750. It seems pricey but when I think about procedures and doctors visits I’ve had for pain over the last ten years it’s pretty fucking cheap. I’ve spent a few grand multiple times on injections that gave a few weeks pain relief or nothing so this is pretty good compared to that. If these last as long as they feel like they’re going to it’s probably about what I’d spend in shitty replacement chairs in the same time period anyways.

Also forgot to mention that neck rest helps with my posture. Due to whatever the fuck is wrong with my muscles pulling my body weird directions I lean slightly to my right when sitting and standing. Since this headrest is curved and has a center to rest in, when I lean back it’s obvious I’m off center and it straightens me out.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I followed Slippery's lead and got an Embody (also RIP dollars). Had it for 24 hours, first reaction after a ~3 hour session is that its very ergonomic (duh) but not as "comfortable" as I expected.
I think it's the point. I have cervical spondylosis, and the difference between home Embody (yes, I splurged for one) and my office chair at work is night and day. The office one looks all nice and comfy, but I end up with more aches at the end of the day vs when I'm working from home.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's about what you'd expect. It's comfortable, it kind of forces good posture. I wish the arm rests where a fraction taller. Is it worth it? Probably not. The only way it gets it worth is in that it should last forever. I would probably not go the same route again. Don't get me wrong, it's a great chair, but it's not such a great chair that it is worth so much more than many other good chairs.

Ass update? how's the mesh? Forget if its mesh wrap seat suspended or if its a padded seat on a plastic weave for flexibility.

Are you pulling 3-4 hours without any ass and leg discomfort ?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Ass update? how's the mesh? Forget if its mesh wrap seat suspended or if its a padded seat on a plastic weave for flexibility.

Are you pulling 3-4 hours without any ass and leg discomfort ?
If my posture is good, no discomfort. If I slouch so my butt is too far forward in the no chair, a little tailbone pain.

Maximis Velocity

Professional Lurker
<Silver Donator>
Ordered my Titan XL. My wife still thinks it is hilarious how much info I get from this place.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If my posture is good, no discomfort. If I slouch so my butt is too far forward in the no chair, a little tailbone pain.

How would you compare it to the seating of the Aeron? Long session wise. Any Aeron experience?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
How would you compare it to the seating of the Aeron? Long session wise. Any Aeron experience?
Why you so curious about the Embody? Are you looking to replace an Aeron or deciding between the two?

I only have Aeron experience but it’s good enough I don’t really care about any other chair anymore, finally.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
The Aeron was a good chair, but I didn't like the plastic at the front of the chair because it tended to dig into my legs. In reality, that may have been a me problem in that I was just sitting poorly with the seat too high, so my legs hung a little too much. But is the Embody worth the premium over an Aeron? Probably not

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The Aeron was a good chair, but I didn't like the plastic at the front of the chair because it tended to dig into my legs. In reality, that may have been a me problem in that I was just sitting poorly with the seat too high, so my legs hung a little too much. But is the Embody worth the premium over an Aeron? Probably not

It's the price really that's the barrier for me now. I'm looking for a 2nd chair for sitting up. If the Aeron allowed varied leg postures, I'd use it. As a taller guy and heavier guy, the lack of leg posture freedom in the Aeron is why I was so interested in the Embody in the first place.

I might just get an OEM 24/7 task chair even though it sucks, it doesn't dig into legs and is relatively cheap. I want a 2nd chair for use when I want to sit up more and need to be on the keys/mouse.

It sounds like the hips in the Embody are a little tighter than I thought. I'm probably out-sized for it. OEM task chair is good in that regard, as the seating is wide open.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It's the price really that's the barrier for me now. I'm looking for a 2nd chair for sitting up. If the Aeron allowed varied leg postures, I'd use it. As a taller guy and heavier guy, the lack of leg posture freedom in the Aeron is why I was so interested in the Embody in the first place.

I might just get an OEM 24/7 task chair even though it sucks, it doesn't dig into legs and is relatively cheap. I want a 2nd chair for use when I want to sit up more and need to be on the keys/mouse.

It sounds like the hips in the Embody are a little tighter than I thought. I'm probably out-sized for it. OEM task chair is good in that regard, as the seating is wide open.
Sounds like you want a Titan based on stuff I’ve read. It’s for you giants.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
My leap was not magnificent so I am returning it. Just ordered one of these to try. If it's great you are going on my Christmas card list.
Yeah IDK, if the Steelcase was not up to snuff, I doubt the one I like will be. I am not super worried about anything other than durability, fat guy rated, and if I can sit for 12 hours and not have a sore ass. So far so good, but ergonomic it is not.