Office and gaming chairs

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I've had a Secret Labs Titan for almost 3 years, I don't think I've ever "noticed" any discomfort or feelings of being uncomfortable. The chair is just always "there"

Tirant

Golden Knight of the Realm
Man, why's it so hard to choose a chair. Wish there were places near me I could try an Omega.

For the people with Secret Lab Omegas, does the curved seat keep you from sitting on a leg? Also how's the seat depth? Last chair I bought was a ~$200 KillaBee racing style chair that I like the way it looked, had decent reviews, was cheap, and I fucking hate it. The seat is rock hard but the biggest problem I think is because of the seat depth I measure at ~21.5 which makes me sit on the edge of the chair without being properly supported and causes backaches during long sessions. Primary reason I'm thinking of Omega over Titan. Omega shows 19.3 depth compared to Embody at 15-18. It seems like the 19.3 depth would be way too big for someone 5'3, which is the range Secretlabs gives. I'm 5'10 175lbs but have kinda short legs - 30' inseams.

My dislike of the Killabee kind of has me biased against the racing type chairs, even though I like the way they look and the overall feel when kicking back in them (vs the smaller office style chairs, when I kick back in my Steelcase at work I definitely slouch), but the reviews here on the Secretlabs has me hoping it's just Killabee that sucks. If I can't make up my mind on the Omega I'm just gonna drop a grand on an Embody or a Steelcase Gesture. Last thing I want is to buy a $400 Omega then realize I hate it and spend a grand on top of that for the Steelcase or Herman Miller. I certainly didn't save 200 by getting the Killabee over the Secretlabs the first time.

Any advice would be much appreciated, especially by anyone with experience with the 3 brands I mentioned above. I've been kinda studying this the past year with no decision, but new EQ TLP got me fired up for some grinding and I don't want to kill my back like I did on Mangler.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I finally pulled the trigger on an Aeron. Got it half off from Madison Seating so $600. They have a 30 day return policy so decided why not. After two days I took my office chair back to work and decided to keep the Aeron. My old office chair is a solid expensive kind too but the seat is a metal plate with foam on it. Whenever I would stand after sitting for a bit I’d get a lot of tailbone pain, leg pain. That has gone away, sitting in the Aeron is much less painful. I still have chronic pain in the back of my legs and shoulders but I’ve had that for like 10+ years now. I wasn’t expecting the chair to cure it or anything but it sure has helped the legs. I can actually sit in it for hours if I have to without having to stand to relieve the pressure pain the old chair was giving me. I still give myself stand/walk breaks as sitting still isn’t good for you but like I said, it’s much more bearable now.

Hopefully this thing lasts 10-15 years. It sure feels like it will.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
So, I spent a lot of money this week. Got the Hermann Miller embody and a 6 foot uplift desk. Rip dollars

I want a review with pics, measurements, heart rate, bc holy shit it better transform your entire experience for 1500 bucks just in the chair.

Go ahead and get your control group measurements before it arrives.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I want a review with pics, measurements, heart rate, bc holy shit it better transform your entire experience for 1500 bucks just in the chair.

That chair also has a 15 year warranty

• 1WTF

Kais

<Gold Donor>
So i've had this Autonomous Ergochair2 for a lil while now and i'm disappointed. It's comfortable enough but the seatpan is just not working for me. Not only can i not get the seat to tilt back far enough (the back goes way back) but tilting the back down even a fraction of the way and i slide forward which fucks up my lower back. The shape of the back is great however and i'm in love with how the mesh keeps me cool. If i'm sitting at it with good posture like i'm being productive when the boss is in the office, it's great. But i'm home now, and i want to kick back and watch shit and game at my desk.

Should i have gone with the Secret Labs? God i wish i could give one a test drive.

• 1Like

Tirant

Golden Knight of the Realm
So, I spent a lot of money this week. Got the Hermann Miller embody and a 6 foot uplift desk. Rip dollars

Weren't you one of the Titan users before? What made you decide to switch? Would be interesting to see how you compare the two.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

Even at $1500, a really fucking good chair is one of the best investments you can make as a nerd.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Weren't you one of the Titan users before? What made you decide to switch? Would be interesting to see how you compare the two.
My Titan has held up well, and honestly it's still fine. The hydraulic is fucky, the fabric is peeling some on the seat portion, and the armrests haven't held up that well. None of these are really deal breakers, I just want a better chair. For both the desk and chair it's something like I want to get something that is really going to last

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I've had my Omega for eight months or so now. Shit slaps. My friends that visit and sit in it say it's the ideal captain's chair. However I feel the aforementioned foot stool is a requirement. I've got a very nice comfy couch. And I find myself mindlessly watching Rick & Morty or watching musician YouTube vids until midnight in my Omega over my couch. I think that says a lot.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I've had my Omega for eight months or so now. Shit slaps. My friends that visit and sit in it say it's the ideal captain's chair. However I feel the aforementioned foot stool is a requirement. I've got a very nice comfy couch. And I find myself mindlessly watching Rick & Morty or watching musician YouTube vids until midnight in my Omega over my couch. I think that says a lot.
The reclining feature is probably about the only thing on the SecretLab chairs that I feel somewhat lives up to their hype. It's a super nice feature to have in an "office" chair.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Was eyeing an Embody, but its 1 year away from a headrest. Headrest attachment is coming though.

Let us know about gaming in it and long sessions. Also wait a week and give us armrest feedback since the Embody is also known for its armrests.

I think the Embody might be the ultimate long session chair but didn't want to spend 1600 to find out.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Was eyeing an Embody, but its 1 year away from a headrest. Headrest attachment is coming though.

Let us know about gaming in it and long sessions. Also wait a week and give us armrest feedback since the Embody is also known for its armrests.

I think the Embody might be the ultimate long session chair but didn't want to spend 1600 to find out.
lol. Chair supposed to get here Thursday, I'll try to give you some feedback next week.

Uplift desk got here. Man that is one heavy fucking monster. It came in 5 different packages, the heaviest individual package being the solid wood desk top itself (went 72x30) at 82lbs. It's probably like 130lbs assembled, maybe a little more. Being able to go from sitting to standing is pretty awesome (standing as I write this!) I don't know how much I'll actually use it standing, but it's nice to have the option. Especially for longer sessions to keep from sitting without moving for hours on end. It's honestly a really sweet desk. It was super easy to put together, and is really well thought out. You can even easily upgrade and add features down the line, and if something failed it would be pretty easy to swap out any given part. I can definitely understand why these desks are a thing. Shit, you could even just use the legs and make a top from anything on your own.

• 1Quality Calories

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I got a standing desk also after using it in the office. We are in the middle of rearranging our apartment so I have not put it together yet. I bought it with the Autonomous Pro 2 or what ever which I do not recommend. The seat pan crushes my tailbone. The back support is amazing though.

So I bit the bullet and ordered a Steelcase Leap. About 1100 bucks. It better make my ass feel like its on a cloud by comparison or its going back. Just want some comfort and back support. Apparently thats hard to get.

The Autonomous is so uncomfortable after 30-60 minutes it makes it hard to work or game.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I will say that about my Titan, I almost never had any pain from sitting in it. It may not have been "oh I'm sitting on air" but it was never uncomfortable.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I will say that about my Titan, I almost never had any pain from sitting in it. It may not have been "oh I'm sitting on air" but it was never uncomfortable.

I can agree with that once you break it in. It's "firm", and reviewers are not wrong for stating that the seat is firm. But they never say how firm it is-- and the reason is because it's just not that firm.

The Embody should be the closest thing to air you can get. I'm excited to hear about it from a non-VLOG advertiser. Very few people can justify that kind of dough on a chair. FOH might have quite a few individuals who can make the purchase, but near none that would actually go through with it. You are the chosen one.

The YouTube reviews are worthless, I don't care how unbiased they claim or whatever disclaimers they put out. The only feedback I trust is from a source that isn't putting on a production to "make a video"